fbExtractor V1.6, fbBuilder V1.0, and cfgBuilder V1.0 RELEASED

Started by Norrin Radd, July 29, 2007, 08:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 22, 2008, 05:25PM #60 Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:28PM by Norrin Radd
It may not work very well, because some files you may want the eng versions, and some files you may want the xml versions (in the pkg there are some details not included)

True, but in the end no matter how easy it becomes to build FBs it's really for more advanced users anyways, so if you simply state that's the case we'll know ahead of time.  Even if it builds a partial cfg it makes things much faster.

Ok, default is all xmlb, ill see if i can get something going

edit:
it will read pkg's though, and not pkgb, because they are easier to work with

No i mean decompiled pkgb file, i call 'em pkg's. Sorry for the confusion. It is much easier to parse text to text than binary to text

Gotcha.  So we decompile with with XMLBcui and then use the text-based file to create the cfg.  Works for me.

OK cfgBuilder released. See first post for details. I also packaged them together in a pack (they are also still available separately).

Note that you can add additional file types (to the cfgBuilder_info.cfg file), this way i don't have to change the program, you can edit the filetypes manually.

No problem. I think i forgot to say this, but a '0' in the cfgBuilder_info.cfg file means that nothing will be added, so if you have this:

script 0 0
in the cfg file it converts it will look something like:
scripts/MYSCRIPT scripts/MYSCRIPT script

but if you have:

script mylocation py

it will convert it to:
mylocation/scripts/MYSCRIPT.py mylocation/scripts/MYSCRIPT.py script

Could someone please re-upload all of these programs? The links are dead and I didn't think asking in the dead character thread was the right place.
Edit: Come to think of it, what about all of his other programs? Could they be uploaded somewhere?

Yes, I will try to upload them soon, within a week or so.