360 Mod (brainstorming only)

Started by Teancum, February 19, 2013, 09:00AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Oddark123 on April 28, 2013, 01:52PM

- Blackbolt joining the team after the Skrull mission. If i remember don't the Fantastic Four have a special dialouge with him saying they'll go save the rest of the Inhumans from Doom? Maybe use that to unlock him as he agrees to go help?

yeah, there's a non mission thing that happens. crystal references that Gorgon, Karnak, and Triton go to Doom's castle to rescue Medusa. Thats why i suggested Blackbolt.

January 11, 2014, 05:50PM #16 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:59PM by Teancum
I can now run MUA Gold on 360 with loose files (like the PC version). I'm guessing that it will run PC custom models, and if not that at least PS2 stuff. Soup might be back on the menu!

**EDIT**

GAH! Should have known it has checks in the executable. Most 360 games do.

Turns out an extraction of all files and builing a new zip file works. Still lots to check, but the first hurdle is over

Well custom models crash the game. I'll be checking PS2 models tomorrow.

Well that's disappointing. PS2 models crash the game too. Guess I'll try original Xbox models before I give up.

Wait, speaking of models failed custom one & PS2 one. Is the boosters/upgrades OK?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

I haven't checked that yet. Probably not.

Quote from: Teancum on January 13, 2014, 07:06PM

To be honest, custom models that I released are not optimized for Xbox. There is an option to do it in the Alchemy Exporter. I can put one up later today if you want to give it a whirl.

January 15, 2014, 11:24AM #24 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:01PM by Teancum
Yeah, try that. I think the textures on the 360 might be DXT5 as well. I'm not sure. The version of Alchemy we have is so old it's pre-360 so I'm not sure whether it'll make a difference or not, as that may be referring to the original Xbox.

***EDIT***
PS2 MUA animations seem to work. Cool. Gonna check MUA2/XML1/XML2 anims.

Cool. Have you tried the Mua2 animations as well?

And yea the it only specifies the Xbox. But I will export one in a few hours and post it here. If it does work I will not hesitate optimizing what I have already released for the xbox.

MUA2 animations are next up. I found my Wii asset pack I had posted, so I'm going to post one from there, then use one from XML1 to be sure I can run XML anims. XML1, XML2 and MUA-last-gen should be all the same, but I want to be sure before I go further.

Hey, while you're exporting to Xbox, can you do one with DXT3 and a 256x256texture? I might tinker with getting custom models running in XML2 again. I don't think it's too far off from working since static models do.

Quote from: Teancum on January 15, 2014, 04:24PM
MUA2 animations are next up. I found my Wii asset pack I had posted, so I'm going to post one from there, then use one from XML1 to be sure I can run XML anims. XML1, XML2 and MUA-last-gen should be all the same, but I want to be sure before I go further.

Hey, while you're exporting to Xbox, can you do one with DXT3 and a 256x256texture? I might tinker with getting custom models running in XML2 again. I don't think it's too far off from working since static models do.

I'll try it out right now, was about to launch max and give it a go. BGR as well?

BGR is fine. I *think* the console versions don't switch red and blue, but it won't matter as it won't affect whether it loads.

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j5c3h0kb95ba2dw/1502_Xbox.igb

With 256x256 DXT3 texture (with generated mipmaps), RGB and used the XBOX optimized setting. Hope it works!