Mississippi Bridge Collapses

Started by DJay Saint, August 01, 2007, 06:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070802/ap_on_re_us/minnesota_bridge_collapse

Holy Chocolate egg guys.  I drive on I-35 every day.  I'm glad I didn't get caught up in that.  Luckily I take the east side towards St. Paul, and only drive on the west side towards Minneapolis occasionally.  Still, that's absolutely nuts and way too close to home.  No word yet on how many people got hurt.  I have a few coworkers and classmates that drive on 35W everyday, so I'll have to see if they are okay tomorrow, and I hope everyone else is okay too...  There has been a scary amount of accidents on I-35 lately, and this latest incident has turned into one of the worst months driving here in MN since I've lived here.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Yeah, I saw that report on CNN. But how did the bridge fall?

So far the number of deaths has been ranging between 4 and 9.  There are still a lot of people missing, and a lot of cars under water right now, so the number of deaths is expected to rise once they recover more cars from the river.  Apparently the bridge has been in bad condition for a while, but the state just chose not to fix it.  The "construction" that was going on was actually just repaving parts of the road, not actually fixing the bridge itself.  This kind of neglect has really hurt too many people.  When your government ignores a problem like this, it makes you wonder what else they ignore.

Oh dear. They really need to update sophistication on structuring technology.

It's BUSH. I absolutely detest that person. I have a countdown timer on my site saying how much time Bush has left in his office term. *Sigh*, only 350+ more days to go.

I don't really see how you can blame Bush for something that either a state or a local government should have taken care of. Bush bashing is fine with me, but it isn't quite his fault when state property/landscaping collapses due to poor renovation.

Quote from: Burning Rage on August 04, 2007, 08:30AM
Quote from: Midnight Curse on August 03, 2007, 11:13PM
Oh dear. They really need to update sophistication on structuring technology.

It's BUSH. I absolutely detest that person. I have a countdown timer on my site saying how much time Bush has left in his office term. *Sigh*, only 350+ more days to go.

Dude, seriously.  You are one of the many idiots I despise.  I'm sick of every fucking problem that happens in the U.S. getting blamed on Bush.  If you can make a better president, your ass better be on the next ballot.  It's retards like you that are making this country go down hill, not Bush.  He's doing the best he can with what he has, so don't start that Chocolate egg about it's Bush's fault.  I don't see how Bush even has ANYTHING to do with a bridge collapsing that was built WAY before his time.  Seriously, don't ever post this garbage in another one of my threads again.

By all means disagree, but don't lets descend into "flaming" one another in this manner.
People have different opinions, and in this instance one can speculate as to whose responsibility it was to repair the infrastucture all you want.
What you can't do while I'm a Moderator here is verbally abuse other posters whose opinion differs from yours, if you can't play nice, both of you should agree to disagree, and find a nice politics board to fight on, please.

Meh...  I guess I got a little carried away.  Sorry for that.

Oh, a LITTLE BLOODY carried away!?!?!?!? :mad:

Don't even THINK of starting up my Wolverine mode.

A ninth victim's body has been uncovered in the bridge collapse.

Bush is my hero.  State politicians are wanting to raise the tax on gas, and appear as they are going to.  Gas isn't expensive enough, right?  Well, Congress wants to do the same on a nationwide scale, but Bush told them no, and will veto any bill otherwise.  The reason being?  The highway commission is just blowing the budget money they get, and Bush will not stand for that until they actually set priorities and prove that the money is going to the roads.  Thank Bush for not having to pay more at the pump.

Well, some people like him, some people hate him. It differs on the person's opinion.