Powers needed for certain features within levels

Started by Hobgoblin, February 25, 2013, 01:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hoping that otheres on this forum could help me refresh my memory. I'd like to have an overview of points in the game where a certain power is needed in order to open doors & such.
I remember:

-A door in the Mandarin's palace with torches next to it, which can be opened after blowing out the torches with certain powers. Iceman's various powers work - anything else?
-The statue in Asgard that needs to be hit by lightning (Thor & probably Storm).

Am I missing anything?
Also, if I recall correctly, there are alternate paths around both of these features, right? So the game could actually be completed without having ice- or lightning powers?

(I know there are also some points where a character requires 'Strength', which lots of characters possess.)

Not sure if this falls in the category of what you are referring to, but you have to have Dr. Strange in your party to get into his bedroom in Sanctum Sanctorum.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

True, good addition! I'm basically asking if kicking certain characters out of the herostat would make it impossible to reach certain places, thereby blocking progress (or access to bonuses).
Dr. Strange certainly is someone 'required' to keep, in order to get those focus upgrades he hides in his bedroom to keep himself warm at night.

LOL!

Well, there's another similar character -- Iron Man.  You have to have him to get the Skill Point in Stark Tower.

you will also need to have magneto on mephito's realm to sava both Jean and Nighcrawler.

Quote from: Owl City on February 26, 2013, 06:45AM
you will also need to have magneto on mephito's realm to sava both Jean and Nighcrawler.

Sorry for being a little off-topic but is that really possible?  :eek: and which power would work?  :eek:

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on February 26, 2013, 09:32AM
Sorry for being a little off-topic but is that really possible?  :eek: and which power would work?  :eek:

Sorry for being off - topic :
It's possible. It's from Official Characters Mod and in order to save both Nightcrawler and Jean, you have to have Magneto in your team. Maybe it will be triggered from a conversation?
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

The  :stark: skill point & the  :magneto: save are also good additions to my overview, thank you both! I'll edit my first post later in order to include everything.

Funny thing, I've started a post on the request forum about the [:nightcrawler:+ :phoenix: ] save at about the same time as this post, and I didn't even think to include it! (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8695.0.html)

PS can anybody confirm that in-level obstacles (torches in Mandarin's palace, statue in Asgard) which require powers can indeed be circumvented by taking a different route, without missing out on anything?

Also, are there any more of those kind of  'use a certain power' things? I mean other than 'strength' obstacles and upgrades that require flight or double jumps to reach - I'm not meaning to list those.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on February 26, 2013, 10:03AM
PS can anybody confirm that in-level obstacles (torches in Mandarin's palace, statue in Asgard) which require powers can indeed be circumvented by taking a different route, without missing out on anything?

I am pretty confident that both of the obstacles that you mentioned can be bypassed, taking the longer way around the map, and you don't miss out on any items.

In Mandarin's palace, there are 3 shortcuts, first one requires a characther with superstrength like  :wolverine::thor:. The second one requires a character with flight/teleport to reach the central platform. The third one is the door with the torches. The torches also can be turned off with  :hawkeye: ice arrows.

The Thor statue (which only activates with the son of Odin) can be avoided if you take a secondary route right in the beginning.

Other "alternative" paths, include using a character with might to push a boulder in the last stage of Asgard, using a character with flight or  :iwoman: :strange: (to make the archers fall) in the bifrost bridge.

Quote from: MUALover on February 26, 2013, 09:39AM
Sorry for being off - topic :
It's possible. It's from Official Characters Mod and in order to save both Nightcrawler and Jean, you have to have Magneto in your team. Maybe it will be triggered from a conversation?

I should try this one :D

Quote from: Metallist on March 04, 2013, 03:26PM
Other "alternative" paths, include using a character with might to push a boulder in the last stage of Asgard, using a character with flight or  :iwoman: :strange: (to make the archers fall) in the bifrost bridge.

Hawkeye also works on this one :) Same with Captain Marvel and other characters out there with a long-ranged (but accurate) attacks  :grin_no:

As for characters not a part of the original roster or even in the official character pack, I recommend you should have Emma Frost with you :D As far as I can see it, she's the ultimate counter you can have when you face Mephisto because her diamond form allows her to be unaffected by mental-based powers (which Mephisto frequently uses causing your character to run around the whole area) so you won't be bothered in beating him up  :D

If you are talking about skill points as well, you need iron man after the Omega Base to gain one.

Also, in mandarin palace you can basically cheat the game. When you get to the big door that you have to unlock by doing the 2 "minigames"., you can teleport to the other side with  :deadpool: or  :nightcrawler: and wait till the rest of the team teleports to you. The first time playing thru tha game i actually thought this is the way you are supposed to do it.

Another one is during the FFF fight you can teleport behind him and safely attack his butt without worrying about his attack.

I know these are more sort of cheats to short the game but i use them all the time.