The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Outsider on March 04, 2018, 07:38PM
That, and I'm just extremely cautious about spending money! :laugh: I'm still using a cell phone that's maybe 6 or 7 years old now. I don't feel the need to get a new phone every year like some people. Can I still call, text, and use the web? Yes... then I'm good. I prefer longevity and getting my money's worth in anything -- especially electronics.

By the way, nice job with Kate Bishop's voice. I've officially added it to her mod, if that's alright.

Oh I feel you, my Phone is about 5 years old at this point! I'm not really into the trend of buying a new one every year, It makes little to zero sense, especially if said person doesn't have the money. But each to their own.

And of course, feel free to do that to any future voices that are applicable. :D

I will share with you a confession of sorts -- one idea I had a while back was to create a unique mod of... YOU! What do I mean by that? Does anyone recall Marvel's Avengers Alliance? (I never played it, but heard it was cool.) Well, in that game, you played as Agent -- a member of SHIELD that can be customized to your liking as you team with Marvel's super heroes. This is what they looked like by default:

So I thought it would be cool to create the very first mod for MUA that you can customize. You would choose his or her name by altering the herostat. (By default, the name would be Agent.) Your outfit would look like the pics above (you can customize the skin color and hair color), and you can then decide what powers he/she can do through those skill points. (The skill points don't raise damage, but changes the power itself.) He/she would have a power of each category: Projectile, radial, melee, trap/area of effect, charge, and even the one I invented -- counter. Two or three boosts. And his/her Xtreme? The very rare gold seventh Infinity Gem called Ego in a massive blast. (After the events of Black September where the Ultraverse died, the gem remained, and you somehow found it, but never told anyone.)
Other details: The mannequin would be of defaultman. I would have also created three male voice files and three female voice files you can choose from. HUDs would be of a black silhouette. Same for the loading screen.

Unfortunately, it is as hard as it sounds. On top of that, it would require a skinner to be willing to create male skins and female skins with various skin colors (Caucasian, Black, Latino, Asian, etc.) and hair colors (black, brunette, blonde, red, etc.). And suppose you don't like the generic blue & white outfit and prefer to wear black as I would? There was that issue, too. I never asked Aventureiromax (who in my opinion is the fastest skinner) to create those skins because I felt that was too much work to ask him for. So, I gave up on the idea.

EDIT: The only other idea I had that could simplify the number of skins was to make the character wear a mask. But, that could possibly take away some of the whole "custom" idea."

I just wanted to share that with you all. Great idea, but too much work for myself and the skinner. Feel free to tell me if you thought this would have been a mod you would have liked to see. Just curious...

oh man that would've been insanelly cool. I have very fond memories of Avengers Alliance and was very sad to see it go.
Since the camera in the game is so far from the characters by default and the agents are covered except for the head, i don't think having just a couple of skins with different hair colors would be detrimental to the experience. Perhaps people could create huds to better reppresent their agent.
Also Avengers Alliance only had like 3 faces  to choose per gender  :nerd:
The powers changing with different skill point allocation sounds really intriguing, some tricky coding must have been involved.
Edit:Another thing, Could i make a booster for Taskmaster? I'm a huge fan of the character and i would like to add a couple things to his powerset.

I played that game for several years, until Disney decided to pull the plug on it.
A terrible decision.

That sounds like a really neat idea. And I can easily imagine how my custom S.H.I.E.L.D agent's moveset would be like too.

Plasma guns, martial arts combat style, EMP device, being extremely cocky to enemies, an energy forcefield and a bomb glove & transformation weapon(akin to the Ratchet & Clank franchise), with me using two grapple guns in a manner akin to Spider-Man's web swinging after doing a double jump, in order to traverse across the environment.

Ah, if only... :D

That's a really cool idea, Outsider! I can see how it would be a lot of work, though.

I think that's a really cool idea. If you would like, I could make the skins for you, if you're ok with PS2 skins. Granted, it would be a whole lot of work, but I think it would be worth it.

Sounds truly amazing! I also understand there're a lot of hard work with this. But I definitely would like to see it one day.

I never liked Shield Agents but for those who like it, your idea would be very interesting and unfortunately I will not be able to help.

I started working again and I am having a lot of work and I believe that this year should be my last one for MUA because I have many things that I customized/converted to post and I am not finding this time. Factors like the ending of Marvel Heroes Online were also important for my decision because the style of models pleased me a lot and I had a great variety of 3d models and textures for customization of new characters.

Less time and I do not just say my time because several modders started college, studies or some kind of work and then my retirement is right and so this is the year.

Anyway we will still see some skins of my own in new mods that will be released by Maegawa, Erik Lensherr and there are some others that I sent skins a long time ago and they never finished the mods and I don't know if they had family problems or not.

Good luck with your projects ;)
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

So, you all thought it was a good idea, I see. I thought so too, but it's just too difficult and time-consuming. Anyway, there are 16 projects left to go.

Quote from: Aventureiromax on March 08, 2018, 07:03AM
I never liked Shield Agents but for those who like it, your idea would be very interesting and unfortunately I will not be able to help.

I started working again and I am having a lot of work and I believe that this year should be my last one for MUA because I have many things that I customized/converted to post and I am not finding this time. Factors like the ending of Marvel Heroes Online were also important for my decision because the style of models pleased me a lot and I had a great variety of 3d models and textures for customization of new characters.

Less time and I do not just say my time because several modders started college, studies or some kind of work and then my retirement is right and so this is the year.

Anyway we will still see some skins of my own in new mods that will be released by Maegawa, Erik Lensherr and there are some others that I sent skins a long time ago and they never finished the mods and I don't know if they had family problems or not.

Good luck with your projects ;)

I think there's been a misunderstanding, as I'm not doing that custom SHIELD Agent project. That was cancelled a while back due to heavy difficulty -- I just mentioned here as a confession of sorts, but no, that project is not planned.

However, there is a mod project that I am interested in that was on your dream list of mods to be created. Since you're currently back at work though, I won't mention who that certain someone is just yet...

Quote from: Outsider on March 08, 2018, 11:00AM
So, you all thought it was a good idea, I see. I thought so too, but it's just too difficult and time-consuming. Anyway, there are 16 projects left to go.
I think there's been a misunderstanding, as I'm not doing that custom SHIELD Agent project. That was cancelled a while back due to heavy difficulty -- I just mentioned here as a confession of sorts, but no, that project is not planned.
Ok.

QuoteHowever, there is a mod project that I am interested in that was on your dream list of mods to be created. Since you're currently back at work though, I won't mention who that certain someone is just yet...

I'm not remembering what that mod is  :laugh: 

Currently I'm expecting two more mods(in progress) from my personal list and I can only say that they are from DC  :naughty:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

I am working on Goro right now, but he'll be slightly delayed, as I noticed a problem with :venom2: Agent Venom -- for some reason his Spider-Man animations aren't working anymore... Strange, it was working fine before. If anyone else has noticed before, let me know.

As for possibly playing music at the character select screen, I am firmly convinced that "team_back.engb" is not the answer. None of my methods worked there. There must be another file connected to the the hero select stage somewhere...

Also, I had a mod idea for one of the remaining spots to reach 150, but that project has been cancelled. So, a spot is now open! I will set up a poll for who it should be, and you can vote on it. This is a critical vote, as the winner may end up getting a mod! The candidates are:

Starfox: Brother of Thanos, Avenger but semi-villain for his mistreatment of She-Hulk, bonafide player. (I know Hobgoblin's picking this one. :laugh:)
Amanda Sefton: Powerful and beautiful sorceress associated with the X-Men and Excalibur.
Kratos: The God of War, based on the video game series of the same name. Though I have no boltons of his blades, and it's impossible for me to connect blades to chains.
Blanka: A lot of talented members here are from Brazil. Perhaps they would appreciate the beast from Street Fighter coming to reality.
Starfire: Though I told myself I wouldn't do any more DC characters, we have Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and the recently re-released Raven. Seems a certain major Teen Titan is missing...
Agent: Perhaps I should make another attempt (different, easier approach) at the first-ever custom mod? If so, maybe as a SHIELD agent or a new Avenger, or a X-Man in training?

Vote at the poll, but feel free to discuss here. I will admit to you that Kratos would be the most difficult. Some of them don't have skins, so I may have to make them myself. (I won't be voting to keep things fair.) May the best one win.

Oh my god yes! Starfire, all my votes (I know I only get one) but all my votes go to Starfire.

Starfire FTW.

A lot of people here at the forum are crazy fans of the Titans, so I guess Starfire would be a perfect addition to their DC-themed rosters...

*members when Outsider releases Starfire*
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.