The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Absolutely fantastic! :D

Colossus just got meaner and better :) And I guess you could start making boosters consiting of two different Xtremes XD Just a suggestion though but yeah. It worked fine with Colossus so why wouldn't it be with the other mods out there  :chuckle:

Quote from: MUALover on May 12, 2013, 02:17AM
Amazing work on Wolverine and Colossus! You're better than me on things like this! ;) Incredible job as always, Outsider! Can't wait to try Colossus's second extreme! I didn't know that second extreme is possible.. Great discovery! :)

Better than you?!? Nah, I wouldn't go that far, but I appreciate the kind words on the projects. Yeah, finding out a second xtreme was possible is a breakthrough. That opens the door to a lot more possibilities.

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on May 12, 2013, 04:04AM
Absolutely fantastic! :D

Colossus just got meaner and better :) And I guess you could start making boosters consiting of two different Xtremes XD Just a suggestion though but yeah. It worked fine with Colossus so why wouldn't it be with the other mods out there  :chuckle:

Thanks. Hmm... boosters of two xtremes, huh? I'll consider that. Some early 2nd xtreme ideas are coming into my brain such as Iron Man's "Proton Cannon" (from the Capcom games), and a mega whirlwind for Storm called "Eye of The Storm." Been very busy lately, but I'll consider it.

May 17, 2013, 09:07PM #32 Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 11:25PM by Outsider
BEAST

Dr. Henry McCoy - known to everyone as :beast: Beast, is portrayed in MUA no different than any other brute. However, he is very different in that he has genius-level intellect, which is something I promote (read my signature line). So, I made this mod of him to show off his smart side. The "DJ of Marvel Mods" went and scratched the proverbial turntables on this one to remix him. Check it.

UPDATE: Now became a full mod!

FEATURES:
-New power - "Acrobatic Assailment" (Performs a 7-hit combo attack displaying his agility.) Replaces "Tempest Claws."
-New power - "Lethal Injection" (Throws actual syringes containing potent neurotoxin at enemies.)
-New power - "Smart Counter" (If timed correctly, Beast can reflect some damage of an enemy's attack back at him, before countering with a forceful kick, all while taking no damage himself.)
-New boost - "Doctor's Remedy" (Allows himself and his allies to heal over time, and removes status aliments of allies within range.)
-Added two loading screens.
-Passive descriptions now feature thought-provoking quotes from some of the world's most brilliant minds, promoting intelligence.
-Renamed "Tackle" as "The Real McCoy."
-Grab Smash can now be upgraded.
-Added more accurate skin & mannequin. Changed green fur parts to blue.

NEW MOVESET:
1. Bowling Ball: Propels himself forward, knocking his opponents down as he goes. Also improves grab smash.
2. Propeller Kick: Spins legs around kicking any enemies within range with a chance of critical damage.
3. Acrobatic Assailment: Shows off his agility, flipping, punching, and kicking enemies in a 7-hit combo attack.
4. Lethal Injection: Throws syringes from his belt that contains highly potent neurotoxin at enemies.
5. Smart Counter: Anticipates the enemy's next attack, then counters with a forceful kick, which can reflect damage back.
6. The Real McCoy: Tackles an enemy and stabs them multiple times.
7. (Boost) Beastial Soul: Mentally focuses body and mind to dodge and evade all attacks for a time. Resists physical damage by 25%.
8. (Boost) Doctor's Remedy: Raises health regen and removes status ailments from allies within range.
9. (Boost) Roar of the Beast: Increases team's attack speed and defense from projectiles.
10. (Xtreme) Orbital Bombardment: Calls powerful lasers down to smite enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Booster creation, new powers, loading screens, animation mixing
UltraMegaMagnus - Syringe model
Andersonbrazil - Skin
Aventureiromax - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?23e5t8sy1tdlmk6

This Beast booster sounds good.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Hey, just seen the details on Hank Pym, sounds awesome! :) Great job on all your work, by the way.

Quote from: Scabbia on May 21, 2013, 04:47PM
Hey, just seen the details on Hank Pym, sounds awesome! :) Great job on all your work, by the way.

I appreciate that. And thanks for your work on Giant Man and Wasp in the first place! Great innovation and well thought-out powers.

May 22, 2013, 09:14PM #37 Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 01:02AM by Outsider
WOLFSBANE

A remix of Dihan's :wbane: Wolfsbane mod. It was a great MUA version of Rahne Sinclair, but with one drawback - it made the game freeze, making her unplayable. I couldn't let it stay that way, for then all of their work would have been for nothing. So like a mad scientist would, I went to work on reviving her :stirthepot: and now... Wolfsbane is back! Remixed and untamed!

UPDATE: Fixed some faulty animations, added 2 new skins & HUDs. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-Fully playable without freezing the game.
-6 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Her wolf form (the "on all fours" one) is gone. She walks normally now as Rahne.
-4 skins complete with passives, and 1 HUD. (3 more HUDs needed.)
-New lupine forms that look less like Blackheart.
-New boost: "Healing Faith" (Allows Rahne and her allies to heal gradually. Originally, this move was hidden & unused.)

MOVESET:
1. Critical Blow: Precise slash with critical chance.
2. Werewolf Claws: Brutal claw slash that causes enemies to bleed.
3. Power Slash: Nasty slash with knockback.
4. Ferocious Whirlwind: Spins around and attacks with claws.
5. Ground Smash: Slams the ground hard, damaging enemies and knocking them back.
6.(Boost) Werewolf Howl: Causes enemies to run in fear, decreasing their defenses. Now costs less power.
7.(Boost) Healing Faith: Rahne and her allies heal gradually.
8.(Boost) Pack Hunt: Rahne and her allies gets increased attack and damage.
9.(Xtreme) Lupine Leap: Jumps and leaps onto all enemies. 25% chance of instant kill.

CREDITS:
Outsider - New power, coding fixes & renames, outfit hex editing, etc.
Dihan - Current Wolfsbane mod
nodoubt_jr - Original Wolfsbane mod
Deedooo - Skins (New Mutants, X-Force, their wolf forms)
Andersonbrazil - Skins (New X-Men, Age of Apocalypse, their wolf forms)
Shafcrawler - Loading screen
Ravencore - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?e1vod274sxz3vdz

You're getting better on making remixes/rebuilds :D Keep it up! Can't wait to try her! :)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: MUALover on May 22, 2013, 09:56PM
You're getting better on making remixes/rebuilds :D Keep it up! Can't wait to try her! :)

Thanks a lot - much apreciated. Wolfsbane was too popular to stay on the sidelines. I think I'll take some time off before going to work on Blackheart though. He's gonna take some time for sure.

glad to see that you fixed her. What did you do to stop her from crashing the game exactly?

Edit: Oh, I see, you got rid of one of the skins. So this means 2 skin changes won't work for a character? I was hoping to use 2 skin changes for adam (magus and cocoon), but wasn't sure it'd work.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

I downloaded your Hank Pym remix and it was so cool, until i decided to put him in the same team as Wasp, you know, for the good times, it was there that i noticed the power "one Lady swarm" was literally stolen from wasp by hank pym. I mean, i had both in the same team and hank could shrink to ant size but wasp couldn't. The power didn't even appeared in her powerset ingame but instead it appeared in Hank's powerset with the same name and description as Wasp's "janet shrinks into ant size...blabla"

Quote from: Harpua1982 on May 23, 2013, 03:40AM
glad to see that you fixed her. What did you do to stop her from crashing the game exactly?

Edit: Oh, I see, you got rid of one of the skins. So this means 2 skin changes won't work for a character? I was hoping to use 2 skin changes for adam (magus and cocoon), but wasn't sure it'd work.

I think the problem with those is the game doesn't like having to change too much. Just having a character change and back for an attack doesn't seem to be a problem. However if the character maintains a form or essentially has to keep flipping back and forth for basic functions, it seems to increase this glitch.

As i've posted before you can occasionally come across said glitch but pre-Outsider's update Wolfsbane was like a magnet to the glitch. Mandarin seems to be too and ,according to Outsider, Hope Summers (even though i've never seen her cause it)
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Harpua1982 on May 23, 2013, 03:40AM

I don't think two skin changes are possible without freezing the game, but I would still experiment with it. With the original Wolfsbane, skin changes were done for everything she did - including her movements. It may have overwhelmed the game. But, if you're using the Magus and Cocoon for maybe just one power/boost, it may work. Don't give up on that. Also if it helps, the original Wolfsbane powerstyle file looked like this:

event {
   inherit = powerup ;
   life = -1 ;
   name = wolf_link ;
   skin = 21504 ;
   skin_swap = true ;
   tag_name = wolf_link ;
   }

event {
   inherit = powerup ;
   life = -1 ;
   name = lupine_link ;
   skin = 21503 ;
   skin_swap = true ;
   tag_name = lupine_link ;
   }

Mine on the other hand looks like this:

event {
   inherit = powerup ;
   life = -1 ;
   name = lupine_link ;
   no_stack = true ;
   remove_skin_on_exit = true ;
   skin = 21534 ;
   skin_filter = 21502 ;
   skin_swap = true ;
   tag_name = lupine_link ;
   }

I would suggest doing some trial and error tests, compare these scripts here, and see what you come up with. MUALover found a way to have extended combos; I found a way to have more than one Xtreme; Maybe you'll be the one to find how to use multiple skins without freezing the game.

Quote from: wladekwagner on May 23, 2013, 01:00PM
I downloaded your Hank Pym remix and it was so cool, until i decided to put him in the same team as Wasp, you know, for the good times, it was there that i noticed the power "one Lady swarm" was literally stolen from wasp by hank pym. I mean, i had both in the same team and hank could shrink to ant size but wasp couldn't. The power didn't even appeared in her powerset ingame but instead it appeared in Hank's powerset with the same name and description as Wasp's "janet shrinks into ant size...blabla"

Did you download him before or after the update? Either way, I'll check it out and see what's up.

EDIT: I ran a test to see if I had the same problem with Hank Pym and Wasp on the same team, and no... they both work fine at the same time. The problem you mentioned was a problem Hank Pym had before the update. Just download Pym again, as he's already been updated with those fixes, his signature Bio-Stinger move, and more.