The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Polygone on July 22, 2013, 02:48PM
Sorry for the double post, but it still crashes :/

Hmmm... ok, tell me where in the game does it crash: (A) At the very start of the game, (B) when Deadpool is selected at team menu, (C) when you assign his powers or change his outfits, (D) as soon as gameplay with DP begins, (E) when you attempt to use one of his powers or boosts, or (F) other - none of the above.

Meanwhile, I hope others can report if they too have the crash problem. That will help me determine if my DP booster is the problem or not, as I rather not have another situation like the one corvetterules had before... I'll check on nshinnosuke's booster for errors I may have fixed before using it.

It happens at D, NShinnosukes booster works fine so it cant be my deadpool files :/
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on July 22, 2013, 05:27PM
It happens at D, NShinnosukes booster works fine so it cant be my deadpool files :/

I recently checked inside my booster for errors, and didn't find any. It works fine on mine, and so far nobody else has reported this problem. But I digress, let's try to solve this.

You can try a process of elimination to determine where the problem is. My booster has a powerstyle file, a talents file, an updated icons file, and the six loading screens. That's it. So, delete my booster completely and try it out (assuming you saved DP's original icons). You stated that before my booster, it was working fine with nshinnosuke's, so no crash should happen. If you try it out and it still crashes, we can conclude that my booster wasn't the problem at all.

If it doesn't crash, then add my updated icons file, and try it out again for a crash. Then the talents file... you get the idea. If one of my additions is determined to be the problem, I'll have to look into that particular file further. Let me know what you find.

I just tried only adding the icons file, and the crash happened

Then I re-installed Nshinnosukes booster, and added the powerstyle (from your booster)
(Nshinnosukes booster doesn't include new icons) It didn't crash (but I didn't get any new powers :P)
Then I tried also adding the talents file, and the crash happened again, its really weird :s
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on July 25, 2013, 08:45AM
I just tried only adding the icons file, and the crash happened

Then I re-installed Nshinnosukes booster, and added the powerstyle (from your booster)
(Nshinnosukes booster doesn't include new icons) It didn't crash (but I didn't get any new powers :P)
Then I tried also adding the talents file, and the crash happened again, its really weird :s

It crashes because of quantity of Deadpoll's powers. There are 6 powers 4 boosts and 1 Xtreme. But you can only use 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 buttons on keyboard to use these powers. So having more than 10 powers may cause game crash. If you don't have a gamepad for your pc, the game will keep crashing.

Quote from: 12emre12 on July 25, 2013, 11:16AM
It crashes because of quantity of Deadpoll's powers. There are 6 powers 4 boosts and 1 Xtreme. But you can only use 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 buttons on keyboard to use these powers. So having more than 10 powers may cause game crash. If you don't have a gamepad for your pc, the game will keep crashing.

Ah, thanks for the 411 - though it uses 12 skills (7 powers) in total actually. I use a gamepad, so I'm unfamiliar with keyboard controls and their limits. I will make a note that the DP booster is incompatible for keyboard users.

Interesting...  I didn't know characters could have more powers if you use a gamepad instead of a keyboard.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

August 04, 2013, 06:38AM #115 Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 11:21PM by Outsider
PUNISHER

This is my mod of Frank Castle -- the vigilante feared all over the criminal underworld as :punisher_logo: the Punisher. One of my favorite Marvel characters ever, this was originally made as a booster for  Blizz's mod, but I've changed and improved so many things that I've decided to turn into a full mod. And since it turns he was originally supposed to be in MUA but was cancelled because THQ still had his license and they went with Nick Fury instead, I had to make the Punisher the best he can be as if official, and then some. Check him out.

UPDATE: Replaced "Brute Force" power and "Grazing Shot" ability with "Machine Gun" power, "Twin Barrage" is now his first power, "Guns Blazing" now boosts the entire team, added special conversation with Bullseye at the Helicarrier, changed properties of "No Mercy" passive, updated icons and sounds to match new power. Trigger count has been lowered to 208.

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Ability of Mental Resistance (50% chance of resisting mind control)
-9 hex-edited skins, 7 HUDs, icons, your choice of 4 loading screens (only 3 are shown per character), mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #158 (will clash in loading screens and mannequin with Tenebris).
-5 special conversations at Helicarrier, Omega Base, Mephisto's Realm, Bifrost Bridge, & Shi'ar Starship. (They have been tested and don't ruin the stage or other special convos. They are also EXG-compatible.)

MOVESET:
1. Twin Barrage: Shoots with two Desert Eagles. Chance to knock down enemies hit & upgrades grab smash.
2. Machine Gun: Can fake a shot to scare enemies into running, before firing a 7-round burst of bullets.
3. Flamethrower: Uses a flamethrower to burn enemies. Allows movement and strafing.
4. Grenade Fling: Throws several grenades that explode when within 3 ft of an enemy or when time expires.
5. Shotgun Blast: Uses a shotgun to blow enemies away with high damage and knockback. Best used up close.
6. Sniper Rifle: Uses a high-powered rifle to shoot a single enemy. Chance for instant kill.
7. (Debuff) Flash Bang: Throws a flash bang grenade to the ground that will stun enemies and lower their damage output.
8. (Boost) Guns Blazing: Decreases energy spending and damage taken for a time for the team.
9. (Boost) Death Wish: For a very short time, time slows down, all powers cost no energy, and enemies are revealed on the mini-map.
10. (Xtreme) Ultimate Punishment: Fires six trick missiles from his rocket launcher that will explode off walls and damage enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod recreation & coding, HUDs, icons, sounds, loading screens, conversations & script, etc.
Blizz - Original Punisher mod
Andersonbrazil - Skins (Trenchcoat, Noir)
ProfEscanor - MUA3 skin
Supermaster10 - Modern skin convert
Vinrax - Modern skin rip & port
Julio Cabral - Netflix skin
Spaceman & Hannah - Classic skin, Updated voice file, Future Revolution HUD
????? - Skins (Classic Alt, Thunderbolts, Future Revolution), Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?3mvc26jc9w4716r

August 12, 2013, 06:48AM #116 Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 12:28PM by Outsider

Ladies and gentlemen, as most of you are aware, this is the popular tool responsible for destroying the many mod number clashes of the past. Some of the mods on the CCC rely on this system. It's crazy annoying to fix all those damn packages, so I've done it for you. All you have to do is rename the rest, which is easy. Here are the features in detail:

PACKAGE FEATURES:
- :x-23: X-23's assigned number is now #23 (naturally). Now she won't clash with Gorgon.
- :mysterio: Mysterio's assigned number is now #60, which is his official number anyway. Now he won't clash with :wasp: Wasp.
- :phoenix: Goblin Queen's assigned number is now #151. This includes Owl City & MUALover's newer Goblin Queen mod. Now she won't clash with Selene, or Namorita (#155).
- :phoenix: Dark Phoenix's assigned number is now #99. Now she won't clash with Medusa.
- :avalanche: Avalanche's assigned number is now #131. Less work to change his than Hope Summers, whose mod uses skin changing powers and hex-editing.
- Hellstrom's assigned number is now #88. Now he won't clash with Odin.
- :kittyp: Shadowcat's assigned number is now #76. Now she won't clash with Karnak.
- Primal's assigned number is now #143. Now he won't clash with Wonder Man.
- Vindicator's assigned number is now #85. Now she won't clash with :kittyp: Shadowcat.
- Union Jack's assigned number is now #108. Now he won't clash with John Wraith.
- Falcon's assigned number is now #241. Now he won't clash with :captainamerica2: Captain America.
- Beta Ray Bill's assigned number is now #114. Now he won't clash with Deathbird.
- Green Arrow has the same number as :northstar: Northstar at #203. But the skins are renumbered to avoid a clash.

OTHER FEATURES:
-Added new menu anims for Ronan The Accuser so he doesn't impale himself when you leave the menu.
-Added new icons for the :shocker: Shocker and Tigra.
-Added new HUD for Tigra.
-Added new voice & sound files for :x-23: X-23, straight from Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- :colossus: Colossus' and :moonk: Moon Knight's packages are fixed. Now they are savable should you wish to add more skins to them.
-Added new sound & voice files for Superman, Batman, and the Flash based on their voices from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
-Added 2 loading screens and updated sound files for Erik Lensherr's :galactus: Galactus mod. He now has his in-game voice!
-Updated sound & voice files for :ifist: Iron Fist using his voice from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. (Must have iammingy's Iron Fist mod first).

Check the "Read It" file for instructions on how to rename the rest, or visit
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8737.msg161642.html#msg161642 for a detailed tutorial.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Number change and fixes, icons, sounds, etc.

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?u9fea40cqybyz8p

There's another workaround for the Galactus loading screen thing: rename the loading screens to a skin number. If there's only 1 warmachine loading screen (1801), rename it to (1802).

There's not much I can say or do about the other mods having the new numbers, except to contact to author, offer them the package so they can update the original links while they give you credit for swapping the numbers.

August 15, 2013, 05:35PM #118 Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 04:28AM by Outsider
MR. SINISTER

A while back - before I came to this forum, a mod was created for Nathaniel Essex - the villainous mastermind we know as :sinister: Mr. Sinister. Unfortunately, the mod wasn't finished and was listed as a "Stage 2." Since then it's been stuck in limbo. So I decided to take it on and finish the project. Well, with the exception of one missing skin, he is now complete. Just don't expect him to share his boosts with the team...

UPDATE: Added glossed version of primary skin.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-4 skins, 4 HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #180.

MOVESET:
1. Sinister Smack: Backhand slap with knockback.
2. Telekinesis: Um... 'nuff said.
3. Telepathic Burst: Mental blast that damages and stuns nearby enemies.
4. Ruby Laser: High impact beam from his forehead jewel.
5. Multiplicity: Creates a clone of himself to attack enemies for a time.
6. (Boost) Altered Genetics: Reduces damage taken and gains some mental immunities.
7. (Boost) Healing Regenerate: Seriously? You need an explanation for this?
8. (Xtreme) Sinister Intent: Powerful blast of energy with a chance to convert genetically altered enemies.

NEEDS:
Skin of Miss Sinister (the 4th skin) (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10570/462535-miss_sinister_super.jpg)

CREDITS:
Outsider - Continuation of mod creation,  icons, huds 18002 & 18004, loading screen, etc.
Blizz - Original unfinished mod (and all those who contributed to it)
BLaw - Ultimate & Age of Apocalypse skins
UltraMegaMagnus - Future Fight skin & HUD, mixed animations
Andersonbrazil - Gloss skin variant

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?c36sy5qqa3oec21

Sweet to see his remix cleaned up for everyone.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way