The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Polygone on June 16, 2014, 01:21PM
Looks awesome Outsider!

Just some small thingies because I roll like that :P

-Not sure about having her wings move all the time, but I guess that without Blaw's mesh, you dont have much of a choice :P

-When she flies, she grows an extra pair of wings, this thanks to having the wings move while she's on the ground and adding them again when she's flying

-She's kinda slow, could be me since I'm kinda sleepy, but idk, might check it again later

Love these sparkly effects btw! Awesome job!

Yeah, BLaw's mesh carry its' own wings. But thanks for noticing that "second wings' when flying error. I'll fix that. As for her speed, you know what it is? I noticed Ms. Marvel and all mods who carry her anims are slower than most. Pixie is younger, so I can boost her speed some. (EDIT: Fixed. Only ps_pixie.engb changed.)

Those are some sweet effects, ain't it? You'll have to thank Owl City for that. I was purposely looking for unique sounds to match them.

Quote from: Erik Lensherr on June 16, 2014, 01:00AM
Nice job, Outsider! The mod is great :)  And of course, preview video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3qwRd9Y7WM&feature=youtu.be

You're doing a decent job with those videos so far. Just don't forget the abilities, as with Pixie, Cloak, and others, I tend to have certain powers or abilities activate while holding block, for example. And that music you used for Death's video, is that royalty-free? If so, I may use that for my teaser videos as an author for my next novel.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on June 15, 2014, 07:35PM
Strange my heroselect no is unresponsive when I select the pixie. Apparently he is not accepting the herostat of the pixie. Why does this happen?

Haven't had a chance to look into it - been very busy, and I don't use heroselect. If Fox456 downloaded her, you can ask him, as he uses heroselect all the time.

Quote from: Techon 7 on June 15, 2014, 11:02PM
Yay, finally! I can't wait to try her out.
Quote from: ctepan 89 on June 16, 2014, 03:38AM
wow!  great mod as always! Pixie is very interesting character!

Thanks a lot, fellas. Glad you dig her. :fro:  I can't take all the credit though - it was the modder called "Me" that started her in the first place.

Okay just tried out Pixie and downloaded Rescue again. I remember telling you about a missing effect for her number 2 power. The one I meant was her number eight J.A.R.V.I.S. power. (her second attack power) I assuming there's suppose to be an effect that follows her around or appears on enemies, but I'm not really seeing it.
Anyway on to Pixie. I'm so glad to be able to finally field her. If I can make suggestions is it possible to add a debuff effect to her Pixie Dust? I remember in the comics that the hallucinations seem to be caused by the dust. I'm not up to date on her so I don't know if that's changed. The other is that in X-men Destiny she does say her teleport spell, so if you wanted to have her say it, it's out there. Thanks so much for all the fun mods!

Music for the Death Mod -  Death Note - Kinchou. Of course you can use this.

Quote from: Techon 7 on June 16, 2014, 09:57PM
Okay just tried out Pixie and downloaded Rescue again. I remember telling you about a missing effect for her number 2 power. The one I meant was her number eight J.A.R.V.I.S. power. (her second attack power) I assuming there's suppose to be an effect that follows her around or appears on enemies, but I'm not really seeing it.

I see the problem. While Fantomex's entity file (ents_fantx) was included, the effects they used for that entity wasn't. Download her again, as I've now included the needed effects. Or, you can download Fantomex, which comes with E.V.A. Either way, it should work.

Anyway on to Pixie. I'm so glad to be able to finally field her. If I can make suggestions is it possible to add a debuff effect to her Pixie Dust? I remember in the comics that the hallucinations seem to be caused by the dust. I'm not up to date on her so I don't know if that's changed.

Yes, her pixie dust can cause hallucinations. However, the Pixie Dust move in particular is a continuous stream designed to punish enemies. That's why I created the Hallucination as a separate power to widen her movelist, and to have pixie dust all over her during the Love Spell (also a hallucination). Still, perhaps when I have time, I may add a slow movement debuff so then that particular move will have two uses.

The other is that in X-men Destiny she does say her teleport spell, so if you wanted to have her say it, it's out there. Thanks so much for all the fun mods!

I thought about adding that sound where she says the spell just before the teleport. (I found it here: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/X-Men/Pixie/) I decided against it though, as she takes a whole 3 seconds to say the spell. Too long for a teleport. And even when I speed up her voice to say it faster, it's still too lengthy. In any case, thanks for the suggestions. I try to make the characters as accurate as possible, while working within the gameplay.

hey Outsider, awesome mods and boosters you made, I just tested your Juggernaut Booster and I was amazed of what you did to a XML2 character, and I don't know if you are taking requests, but a Sunfire booster would totally rock man since there is no Sunfire booster, maybe based on Human Torch. Anyway, thanks for your awesome mods and boosters, keep up the good work man!!!
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Pixie looks fantastic! Effects/animations look great all round with the pixie dust being the standout in my mind! May have to start playing again as opposed to just skinning lol.

June 21, 2014, 09:46AM #277 Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 10:25PM by Outsider
MYSTIQUE

Here is one of my proudest mods to date. The highly-anticipated remix mod of Raven Darkholme (if that's her real name...), the highly popular shape-shifter associated with the X-Men, :mystique: Mystique. Long ago, Gevth made the first Mystique mod, but it was deemed unplayable due to constant multiple shape-shifting (and no hex-editing) that caused the game to slow down and eventually freeze/crash... Well, thanks to my remix - PROBLEM SOLVED. I created some new powers to combine gun attacks with her flexible fighting skills. And she can perform 24 different shape-shifts. She's not Mortal Kombat's Shang Tsung, so she doesn't have the powers of those she morphs into, but each have their purpose since she is a master strategist. Check her out.

PREREQUISITE:
One of her powers require my special scripts package. Download that here: https://www.mediafire.com/?b68zxsod7a0g05k (If you have the new EXG, then disregard as the EXG has these scripts included.)

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 4 shape-shifting boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Quick Morph and Poison Immunity. Can also taunt.
-All shape-shifting powers have been tested at least once on the same stage, and not once did the game slow down or crash. 24 morphs in all!
-21 hex-edited skins, 8 HUDs, 3 loading screens, icons, 3 mannequins, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #193.

MOVESET:
1. Flip Shot: Stylishly flips her guns up, catches them, and shoots at an enemy. Can be used to popup one enemy, then turn and shoot another.
2. Raging Raven: Lunges forward with malice, knocking the enemy to the ground, and proceeds to pummel him.
3. Trigger Happy: Shoots in a semi-circular motion to hit multiple enemies.
4. Sweet Chin Mystique: Delivers an HBK-style swift kick to the face, causing intense damage and knockback. Use directional buttons to run just before the kick.
5. Blue Thunder: Showing off her fighting skills, Mystique punches and kicks enemies in front and behind her.
6. (Boost) Deception: Shape-shifts into one of the area's enemies to infiltrate and assassinate her foes. Even bosses are fooled. Raises critical chance and stun attack. (The enemy she morphs into depends on the area.)
7. (Boost) Shape Shifter 1: Very briefly morphs into others to boost herself. She can morph into Attuma (Atlantean DNA regains health), Scarlet Witch (+1 to all skills), Luke Cage (reflects 30% melee DMG), Nightcrawler (50% dodge chance), Rogue (energy cost to 50%), or Silver Sable (extra SHIELD credits per kill).
8. (Debuff) Shape Shifter 2: Briefly morphs into others to trick enemies. She can morph into Emma Frost (her looks stun enemies), Magneto (invokes fear & mental trauma), Psylocke (her body entices enemies to forget powers), Invisible Woman (her charm lowers defense 25%), Kurse (slows down enemies and lowers their damage output), or Dr. Doom (commands minions into allies.)
9. (Boost) Shape Shifter 3: Morphs into others to suit her needs. She can morph into Ms. Marvel (+30% XP), Wolverine (+30% ATK DMG from claws), Crimson Dynamo (+30% speed from armor), Venom (30% faster momentum), Titannus (-30% damage taken), or Songbird (+30% energy per kill).
10. (Xtreme) Terrorist Bomber: Fills the room with grenades, then proceeds to shoot everything around her in an assassination attack.

(Ability) Quick Morph: Briefly shape-shifts to strategically use the weapons they wear. She can morph into Deadpool (uses the teleportation device he wears), Black Widow (uses the tech bracelets she wears to fire beams at enemies), Crystal (uses an alien blast grenade), Shocker (uses his vibro-electric gauntlets for a mid-air blast), or Grey Gargoyle (delivers a hard uppercut.)

NOTE:
Make sure to read both the "Read It" and "Shape-Shift" notes for details. When you shape-shift to one character, stay as that character until she morphs back. DO NOT shape-shift into another during that time, as multiple morphs are known to slow down/crash the game.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod remix & coding, icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, Movie and First Class HUDs, etc.
Gevth - Original mod creation, icons, sounds
matt710 - XML2 Mystique mod, sounds
nodoubt_jr - Sounds
Whiteking - Sounds, icons
Tommyboy2002 & idrinkdrpepper - Infiltrate script
Cates - Icons
Aventureiromax - Mannequin Classic
MXYZPTLK - Mannequin Uncanny
AdrianoAp - Mannequin Raven Heroic

CREDITS - SKINS:
Outsider & BaconWizard17 - Raven Heroic
matt710 - X-Factor 2, Ultimate, Next Dimension, Overcoat
Aventureiromax - Uncanny 2, Classic, X-Factor 3, Movie Jennifer L 2, Modern 2, Modern Remix, X-Men Uniform, Silver Sable
Quentin Hex - First Class, First Class Human, Movie Jennifer L 1
UltimateVenom - X-Men Destiny
Owl City - Movie Rebecca R
Norrin Radd - X-Factor 1
BLaw - House of M
Julio Cabral - Kurse

BUGS:
Sometimes after performing her Xtreme, smoke effects in the game look like distorted invisible blocks. This is a random occurance, and I've concluded from testing that her shape-shifting powers had nothing to do with it.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?mbkstezart9wei9

ATTENTION:
Those of you who already downloaded Mystique, download her again real quick as I tweaked her powerstyle and fightstyle files a bit, and I forgot to add the Wasp effects, so I added them. 18 morphs is enough, I believe. Should I make it an even 20? Feel free to let me know any comments or constructive criticism you have on her.

Quote from: Lionsden99 on June 20, 2014, 06:58PM
Pixie looks fantastic! Effects/animations look great all round with the pixie dust being the standout in my mind! May have to start playing again as opposed to just skinning lol.

Glad to hear you dig Pixie. I like the effects Owl City did for her as well. So much so, that I looked around for sounds to equal it.

Quote from: Maegawa on June 19, 2014, 10:28PM
hey Outsider, awesome mods and boosters you made, I just tested your Juggernaut Booster and I was amazed of what you did to a XML2 character, and I don't know if you are taking requests, but a Sunfire booster would totally rock man since there is no Sunfire booster, maybe based on Human Torch. Anyway, thanks for your awesome mods and boosters, keep up the good work man!!!

Good to hear you dig them. Yeah, I felt that the 900 lb. Juggernaut should be really "unstoppable." Hell, just jumping or rolling will inflict damage. As for a Sunfire booster, I can't take requests right now due to my multiple projects, work, and enjoying the summer.

wow !Your mystique remix is very cool, she can shapeshifters in more characters and her fighting abilities is amazing!

no problem Outsider, I understand, also, nice work on Mystique!
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: ctepan 89 on June 21, 2014, 02:19PM
wow !Your mystique remix is very cool, she can shapeshifters in more characters and her fighting abilities is amazing!
Quote from: Maegawa on June 21, 2014, 03:19PM
no problem Outsider, I understand, also, nice work on Mystique!
Quote from: Erik Lensherr on June 22, 2014, 12:15AM
Wonderful job, Outsider! Mystique is really amazing!

Thanks, fellas. One of my best just got even better -- Mystique has been upgraded. Now she has 20 shape shifts, and gained Poison Immunity. Hey - why not? Go big or go home.

Outsider, I download your Mephisto mod,and his 5th power is don't work(no effect). I no idea why :( I start new game, but this is not help. My friend have this mistake too.

Quote from: Erik Lensherr on June 22, 2014, 08:59AM
Outsider, I download your Mephisto mod,and his 5th power is don't work(no effect). I no idea why :( I start new game, but this is not help. My friend have this mistake too.

The 5th power -- you mean Armageddon? OK, I'll take a look at it - I may have forgotten to include the effect. I will also update Red Hulk as well. (Mystique has been upgraded now, so if you wanted to make a video of her, you can now.)