The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have encountered a bizarre bug with Winter Soldier.  His regular melee attacks aren't working.  The animations play, but the attacks do nothing to enemies and objects.

Got any ideas on how I could fix this?
:beast: :iceman: :cyclops: :phoenix: :archangel:

Quote from: DasRoteBaron on April 18, 2015, 08:11PM
I downloaded your updated Winter Soldier mod.  Everything's good, except the pistol is invisible.

Hold on... so first everything's good but the boltons, and now suddenly it isn't?
Following this report, I've checked on Winter Soldier, and his normal melee attacks play fine. I honestly have no idea what's wrong with yours. All I can ask is the typical "did you start a new game?" and to ask if other mods on your roster are having this problem as well.

To everyone, the newly-released Sersi is at the previous page.

It was working perfectly before, and I did start a new game.
Upon further inspection, I realized something: the bug occurs when he is on a team with Hawkeye and Director Fury at the same time.  When he's on a team with either (but not both) of them, it works with no problems, but when both are on the team, the bug happens.  I have no idea why this is, and I'm going to continue to experiment with different combinations of characters to see if it happens again.  I'll let you know what I find out, if you're curious.
This doesn't really affect playability very much, as I don't need to have them all three on the team at once.  It's an awesome mod, by the way.  I'm sorry if I came off as overly critical.
:beast: :iceman: :cyclops: :phoenix: :archangel:

Quote from: DasRoteBaron on April 24, 2015, 12:21PM
I realized something: the bug occurs when he is on a team with Hawkeye and Director Fury at the same time.  When he's on a team with either (but not both) of them, it works with no problems, but when both are on the team, the bug happens.

Try switching their spots (not the menulocation, the 4 team spots); I had a team of :ghostr: (iammingy's booster), :bullseye: (my booster), :blade: (iammingy's booster) and if I recall :deadpool: or :stooth:, and sometimes depending on Bullseye's spot his powers wouldn't work, so I switched and voilá, his powers were working again (though :ghostr:'s Hellcycle ability wouldn't work, but that's no big deal). I'm not sure if that will solve the problem, I think it may have something to do with fightstyles.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Wow, I absolutely LOVE the Groot mod. What a great job on such an awesome character!

Only problem is... when I assign Groot a menu location, he doesn't appear on the Character Select screen! It's just a blank space! He's selectable, but otherwise invisible on the menu screen.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I don't have this problem with any other mods. Is there a specific menu spot I must assign Groot for him to appear? I'm far too anal and too much of a perfectionist to keep him in my game if he doesn't appear on the select screen, but MAN, I want him on my team so much...

Are you talking about the lack of a mannequin or when you select him he doesn't appear standing there as one of your four characters?
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

I guess I'm talking about the lack of a mannequin, yeah. When I select him, he appears with the other four characters at the front of the select screen, and in battle, Groot has his sounds, HUD, powers, everything. He's awesome.

But he's invisible in the lineup of all selectable characters (the mannequins, I guess they're referred as) and like I said, I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. I hope there's a way to fix it...?

EDIT: Never mind. Now that I know it's called a mannequin, I see that Groot doesn't have one. I also found BLaw's tutorial. I guess I'm going to set about making my own. It seems like it could take days, but it will be worth it. I'll see if Outsider wants the mannequin if/when I'm done.

There are a bunch of mannequin-less mods. But for me to get over that I use the generic black shaded one in all the spots that lack one. I think a few mods include it as is, one of which i recall is the old Mandarin mod. Which you can copy and rename to all the numbers and you'd have a placeholder for all those spots as a middle ground between no mannequin and a complete mannequin.
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

May 06, 2015, 09:08PM #488 Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:01PM by Outsider
DANIELLE MOONSTAR

Here is my mod of the Cheyenne psychic mutant/ occasional Valkyrie, :moonstar: Danielle "Dani" Moonstar. Sometimes called Mirage, this is a version of Shafcrawler's XML2 mod, but I fixed her up a LOT. Instead of writing a long-ass paragraph though, I'm just going to say that you should try her out. Become one with the spirits.

UPDATE: Added new skins, HUDs, boltons, and voice file. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-20 skins, 14 HUDs, 12 mannequins, 3 loading screens, icons, and redone sound/voice files.
-Uses assigned number #113.

MOVESET:
1. Whispering Condor: Delivers a sweep-like kick causing damage and knockback. Also upgrades grab smash.
2. Razor Arrow: Shoots multiple arrows at enemies.
3. Psychic Arrow: Shoots special arrows of psychic energy that will follow enemies, and stun them.
4. Psionic Terror: Creates the mental illusion that enemies are dead ghosts... Causes fear, and lowers enemy defense.
5. Illusory Beam: Emits a psychic beam that causes high impact mental damage and knockback.
6. (Boost) Cheyenne Spirit: Dani calls upon the aid of the spirits. allowing the team to heal for a time.
7. (Boost) Valkyrie Strength: Reduces damage taken, increases ATK, gains Might, and can use her pegasus Brightwind.
8. (Xtreme) Dark Torment: Through a radial psychic blast, Danielle gets enemies to mentally live their worst nightmares.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod conversion to MUA, coding adjustments, loading screens, some HUDs, icons, sounds etc.
Shafcrawler - XML2 mod including effects & sounds (and all those who helped with it)
Andersonbrazil & Aventureiromax - All skins (except for Age of X), most HUDs, all mannequins, boltons, Brightwind pegasus model
Quentin Hex - Age of X skin
Jonnydragon88 - Voice file

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?3v7a1yz3ucvg7zf

Great mod on Moonstar very cool to fly on pegasus ) At last i download sersi mod and I can say this is  cool powers Matter Manipulation, Limelight and of course Eternal Surge!

Sweet Moonstar is released. Will try her out as soon as I get the free time.

May 11, 2015, 10:01PM #491 Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 12:04PM by Outsider
KURSE

What do you get when you mix an Asgardian dark elf of massive strength with enchanted armor created by the Beyonder? You get the bad-ass known as Kurse. Well, here is my mod of him. And to make the warrior who killed Malekith even more dangerous, once he reaches a certain level, he will become the host of the Aether... You'll be cursing all over the place at just how violent Kurse can be. Check him out, but watch your mouth -- he is so good, it's obscene.

UPDATE: Added an alternate mannequin.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of might, enchanted armor (Cannot be grabbed, stunned, or knocked down. Can sense enemy targets on mini-map, 15% damage resistant), and the Aether (At Level 10, he gains the Aether. Powers become 25% more damaging, and gains mind control immunity.)
-2 hex-edited skins, 2 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, 2 mannequins, and sound/voice file.
-Also uses his in-game skin and HUD.
-Uses his official number #57.

NEEDS:
1 more skin & HUD

MOVESET:
1. Valgoth Punch: An increased melee punch causing god-like knockback. Also upgrades grab smash. (Boss Power)
2. Kursed Rage: Grabs an enemy, violently chokes them, then throws them. Works on bosses. (Boss Power)
3. Aether Beam: Fires a deadly red beam of liquid energy.
4. Body Possession: Uses the Aether to control nearby enemies for a time, giving them enhanced strength.
5. Aether Storm: Uses the Aether to create a liquefied tornado of intense power.
6. (Boost) Dark Elf Armor: Increases defense. Plus, if blocking, melee attacker is stunned for a time. (NOTE: Based on the item you gain when you defeat his boss version.)
7. (Boost) Seeker of Vengeance: The team gains more strength for a time.
8. (Xtreme) Aether Chaos: Releases a powerful blast of energy all over the area.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, movie HUD, loading screen, icons, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor etc.
Julio Cabral - Kurse movie skin, mannequin
Aventureiromax - Malekith skin
UltraMegaMagnus - Alternate mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?4648li9lg94u91p

Just when I think I'm out you just have to pull me back in....

Moonstar is one of my Favorite Mutants and I can't wait to see what you've done with her ;)

Yes! Yes! Kurse now is one of my favourite asgardian characters!

Awesome new mods! Moonstar looks like she will be a lot of fun to play as!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS