The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Outsider on March 19, 2016, 06:03AMMaegawa is active and I believe is working on Spider-Man Noir.

Yup, I'm active and don't plan to leave soon (really, I visit the forum every single time I open the browser, I think MUA is a part of me), and also I have some other projects aside from Spider-Man Noir on my list. I finally got all the programs necessary for making mannequins running, the only problem is the settings, but I'm sure I'll overcome it in a near future.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

We have a good number of members that kind of pop in and pop out. Real life and all. We just haven't heard official news from some of them in a while. Sometimes you never know which is going in to pop in with an update when you load up the forum.

Outsider's lab is a wonderful factory of mods. It's going out of business will be sad, but there are others who will probably still be offering new stuff.

But I'm also still very excited in regards to when MACH comes out of the lab. So keep up the good work there Outsider.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

A-Bomb seems to be bugged for me when I try to grab an enemy. Once the enemy is in hand I cannot move anymore with A-Bomb and also all other heroes are unable to move if I switch to them afterwards (they can move as AI). Finally the game seems to crash after a while when in this move-lock mode.
Any idea as to the reason? Anything I can add to help track it down?

Quote from: Oddark123 on March 20, 2016, 04:18AM
Outsider's lab is a wonderful factory of mods. It's going out of business will be sad, but there are others who will probably still be offering new stuff.

But I'm also still very excited in regards to when MACH comes out of the lab. So keep up the good work there Outsider.

Thanks for that. Some of your moveset ideas did interest me... His mod is nearly done, so as soon as I can figure out how to make his skins look less like recolored Iron Man & Crimson Dynamo ( :laugh: ), A.J. will appear.

Quote from: Sidewinder on March 21, 2016, 06:23AM
A-Bomb seems to be bugged for me when I try to grab an enemy. Once the enemy is in hand I cannot move anymore with A-Bomb and also all other heroes are unable to move if I switch to them afterwards (they can move as AI). Finally the game seems to crash after a while when in this move-lock mode.
Any idea as to the reason? Anything I can add to help track it down?

One possible reason for this is that (for some reason) you do not have the "interact_colossus_victim" and/or the "fightstyle_colossus_carryguy" files, which is why the freeze is happening. Try downloading his again as I have just added those files that I'd thought everyone had. And of course, start a new game. If the problem persists, let me know.

Outsider, I've installed the martian manhunter mod, but it's not working right for me.  The invisibility power turns him to this flashing red dot, and I can't attack anyone when it's enabled.  Also, the alien morph powers don't work at all, there is a seeming effect as if he's about to shapeshift, but then nothing.  Any thoughts?

Quote from: scottsum on March 21, 2016, 07:47PM
Outsider, I've installed the martian manhunter mod, but it's not working right for me.  The invisibility power turns him to this flashing red dot, and I can't attack anyone when it's enabled.  Also, the alien morph powers don't work at all, there is a seeming effect as if he's about to shapeshift, but then nothing.  Any thoughts?

Invisible Force: Unlike Invisible Woman where you (the player) can see her but tinted, with Manhunter, he's completely invisible where even you can't see him. So, the red flash just tells you where he is on the screen. His powers are shut off during this, but he should be able to use melee attacks and throws. That invisibility code has been a bit tricky at times, I'll admit, but I couldn't use Invisible Woman's method, as it interfered with his "Just A Phase" power.

Alien Morph: It basically works just like Mystique's -- hit the button of the character you wish him to shape-shift into right after you activate it. However, I couldn't find a decent anim to begin his morphing. They were either too long or too short, so the one I picked is on the short side. So, you have to be a bit quicker than you would with Mystique.

To everyone that has the rank "New folks": I can only respond to your PM once. After that, if I try to respond again, it will say that your inbox is full. This is because you haven't introduced yourself at the "Say Hello!" thread, which is required for full access to the forum.

That said, to the one called "mat pan":
Quote from: mat pan on March 22, 2016, 07:09AM
sorry to disturbing you again....in the comic...juggernaut has a great healing power...faster than hulk...can you edit the juggernaut booster??

If you want Juggernaut to have a healing factor, just take this:

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = healing_factor ;
      }

...and add it to his herostat.

Quote from: Outsider on March 21, 2016, 08:58PM
Invisible Force: Unlike Invisible Woman where you (the player) can see her but tinted, with Manhunter, he's completely invisible where even you can't see him. So, the red flash just tells you where he is on the screen. His powers are shut off during this, but he should be able to use melee attacks and throws. That invisibility code has been a bit tricky at times, I'll admit, but I couldn't use Invisible Woman's method, as it interfered with his "Just A Phase" power.

Alien Morph: It basically works just like Mystique's -- hit the button of the character you wish him to shape-shift into right after you activate it. However, I couldn't find a decent anim to begin his morphing. They were either too long or too short, so the one I picked is on the short side. So, you have to be a bit quicker than you would with Mystique.

For invisibility, he does have melee... sort of.. but it's extremely laggy.  i.e. I press an attack and it happens a few seconds later.

For the shapeshifting, now that I know how to do execute it, I tried again- it ONLY works with whoever is on number 5, i.e. Aquaman and Joker. 
(I am using a playstation style gamepad, and the numbers do match up with the controls in the game's control options.)

Quote from: scottsum on March 22, 2016, 05:25PM
For invisibility, he does have melee... sort of.. but it's extremely laggy.  i.e. I press an attack and it happens a few seconds later.

For the shapeshifting, now that I know how to do execute it, I tried again- it ONLY works with whoever is on number 5, i.e. Aquaman and Joker. 
(I am using a playstation style gamepad, and the numbers do match up with the controls in the game's control options.)

Hmmm.... weird, as I use a Playstation style controller myself, and I've had no problems with the shape-shifting. OK, when I am finished with MACH-V, maybe I'll change his starting anim to something more generic, so that you don't have to be quick to select it. I will also consider changing "Invisible Force" entirely to something similar, as like I've said, that invisibility code is tricky at times. Though it's worked fine for Spiral...

March 23, 2016, 04:22PM #714 Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 12:21AM by Outsider
MACH-V

Presenting my mod of Abner Jenkins, once the villainous Beetle, now a reformed hero and a founding member of the Thunderbolts known as :beetle: MACH-V. So I have a confession to make -- remember when I said I was having trouble creating his armor skins? I lied. Truth is, I've never attempted them, as it was revealed that Dr. Bruce Banner was already working on his models, which saved a lot of time on my end. This mod has some incredible skills and powers that make A.J. a fun addition to any team. Check this dude out, as the Thunderbolts collection grows.

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of might, flight, and Armor Tech (can detect enemies, cannot be grabbed, stunned, or knocked down.)
-4 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #122.

MOVESET:
1. Straight Missile: Fires twin short-range missiles that explode on impact.
2. Flash Punch: Delivers a nasty armored punch with a hidden flash bomb that will disorient and weaken enemy defense.
3. Predator Gun: Rapidly fires from his machine gun, shredding enemies.
4. Homing Missile: Fires twin heat-seeking missiles that will follow enemies and explode on them.
5. Electro-Bite: From his Beetle days, he discharges a radial blast of electrostatic energy.
6. Concussive Blasts: Fires a stream of energy projectiles that inflict high damage.
7. (Boost) Smoke Screen: Uses a smoke screen to confuse enemies and conceal the team invisible. Higher melee damage.
8. (Boost) Armor Upgrade: For a very short time, his powers temporarily strengthen up by levels when used, and has no energy cost.
9. (Xtreme) Search And Destroy: Fires a barrage of camera-guided missiles and bouncing concussive bursts to annihilate all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs (except classic Beetle), loading screens, icons, sounds, etc.
Dr. Bruce Banner - All skins, mannequin
Blaw - Classic Beetle HUDs
Iammingy - War Machine boltons
Oddark123 - Some moveset ideas

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ja031ba892lr07j

I've just tried out 3 of your mods: Mantis, Martian Manhunter and Mach-V, plus Iron Fist to make a 4-character team, and man, I'm just out of words to describe how awesome they are; Mach-V is a destructive force with his Predator Gun and Concussive Blasts moves, the Smoke Screen was also a new move to me, so kudos for making it, and I loved the sound you picked for when starts flying (it helps making the character more unique), it was also a nice surprise that you kept his skins a secret, I was really amazed by them, especially the Ultimate Beetle one, it gave me some good nostalgia from the Ultimate Spider-Man game (boy, was it hard to beat that Beetle boss...); Martian Manhunter was a beautiful thing to see, Jean Grey's effects worked like a charm with Magneto's animations, not to mention his incredible shape-shifting moves (I just love to hear the selected character's quote), his Xtreme was also something new to me (at first I thought my game had bugged, lol); and last, but not least, Mantis, Elektra's animations worked pretty well with the effects, especially the Energy Blast move, and I don't know if I ever said it in the forum, but your counter moves have a special place in my heart, I remember seeing it for the first time in your Beast Booster, so I had a lot of fun with Mantis blocking the enemies' attacks and giving some punishing kick action in their face!
Also, since I had Iron Fist on the team, he was affected by your sound update, and I laughed a lot with his Liu Kang-styled screams from MvC3 (when I played it with my cousin for the 1st time we almost died from laughter, so it kinda gave me some nostalgia hearing it in MUA).

So what I want to say is thank you for all your mods, and though I haven't tested all of them, I sure plan to do so and know that they are as great as the ones I've already tested, you have this incredible ability of making mods in a small amount of time but still make them spectacular! Thank you again for all your contribution to the forum, and I will have a lot of fun playing MUA over and over with your mods, anyone who stumbles over your topic will find a treasure that is your collection of mods!

Sorry for the long post, but I had to post my feedback since I have this terrible habit of forgetting to do so.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: Outsider on March 22, 2016, 06:41PM
Hmmm.... weird, as I use a Playstation style controller myself, and I've had no problems with the shape-shifting. OK, when I am finished with MACH-V, maybe I'll change his starting anim to something more generic, so that you don't have to be quick to select it. I will also consider changing "Invisible Force" entirely to something similar, as like I've said, that invisibility code is tricky at times. Though it's worked fine for Spiral...

One more thing I just tested- If I use the keyboard, the shape-shifting powers work fine.  So, I don't think it has anything to do with the animation, or how quickly I'm hitting the buttons, as I am most certainly slower on the keyboard vs the controller.  I've tried two different controllers, a Logitech Dual Action, and a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad, and they give me the same result- I can shapeshift to the character assigned to button number 5 (which happens to be blocking)- the rest don't work.

Whatever you decide to do (or not do) is cool, I just wanted to give you the details, as I know how difficult it can be to fix something when someone just says "It's broken!" with nothing else to go on.

Oh boy! MACH-V is certainly up to expectations. Awesome having him playable now. Another superb release.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Hey there Outsider, not sure if you got my PM but I wanted to say how awesome your work is. I really love the Juggernaut Booster (my favorite marvel character) and The Darkness mod.

Regarding Dormammu, I have a tiny issue getting certain effects working for him. Now, I tried installing him on my currently modded game and even on a fresh install with the official characters pack etc to no avail. The effect I am mainly referencing is his "meteor shower" combo ability, his most devastating attack. The animation seems to be bugged for me no matter what I do, it has large blackish-purple translucent squares around the impact animation of the columns. They also appear blue and purple with no orange fire effects anywhere though maybe this is intended, I do not know as it's always been bugged for me.

Is there any reason why this would be happening? Maybe it's conflicting with another mod, or perhaps I am missing a certain mod being installed for it to work properly? I play on max settings with advanced lighting on and all that if that's any help. Thanks for your time! :)