The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was already finding Dazzler amused and now even more. Thanks ;)
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: iacobusleo on December 10, 2016, 09:08AM
I'm dead. The day you stop modding will be a very sad day indeed. Thank you!
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on December 10, 2016, 10:04AM
Holy crap! This is absolutely amazing!
Quote from: aventureiromax on December 10, 2016, 11:32AM
I was already finding Dazzler amused and now even more. Thanks ;)

Thanks for the compliments. This was the project that I needed script help with, but no one was available, so the flashing lights aren't as perfect as they can be. Still, I'm damn proud of the end result. Thank God.

BTW, Selene has been updated, as I've already fixed up her distorted effects. Now, they carry Aventureiromax's newest skins and mannequin of her.

Just wanted to thank you for every booster/mod you made so far.
Unfort to see ure going to stop making them but you made a great job so far.Gratz

Hah "Holy atomic pile !!!" Your tracklist on your Dazzler booster is damn amazing !  :jumping:
So allow me to quote from a great man : " The one thing that can solve most of our  problems is dancing "
" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "

December 14, 2016, 09:27PM #979 Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:14PM by Outsider
SHANG-CHI

It seems like everyone that is anyone in the Marvel Universe has been modded already.... not necessarily. A classic character that has been omitted for a long time finally arrives to MUA. Introducing Marvel's version of the late, great Bruce Lee -- the Master of Kung-Fu, Shang-Chi. He has all of the kick-ass abilities and skills that would make him a force against anyone. Go ahead, download the Wushu Warrior now, and start effortlessly handing out butt-whoopings.

UPDATE: Fixed the mechanic around his "Nunchaku Shock" power.

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Martial Artist (15% critical chance, 25% dodging chance, 50% chance to resist mind control, can damage reinforced walls & objects).
-9 skins, 9 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice files using Fei Long's voice from Super Street Fighter IV.
-Uses assigned number #97 (shares with Multiple Man, will clash at loading screen and mannequin.)

MOVESET:
1. Nunchaku Shock: Rapidly whirls his nunchakus on enemies, discharging repulsor force.
2. Wushu Strike: Anticipates and reflects incoming enemy damage while striking a nerve point, stunning them.
3. Throw Shuriken: Throws bladed ninja stars at enemies that causes bleeding.
4. Inner Dragon: Runs to an enemy and performs a flying kick, causing knockback.
5. Energy Bracer: From one of his bracers, generates energy and fires a projectile at enemies.
6. Deadly Hands: An awesome six-hit Kung-Fu combo attack.
7. (Boost) Double Dragon: Creates a duplicate of himself to fight alongside for a time.
8. (Boost) Rising Spirit: Increases attack speed & combo damage, while reducing damage taken and sensing enemies in the area.
9. (Xtreme) Master of Kung-Fu: Quickly runs to all enemies and hits them with different attacks, displaying his mastery.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Aventureiromax - Skins (Dragon, Urban, Spider-Island)
Andersonbrazil - Skins (Battle Suit, Classic, Heroes for Hire 2, Modern)
Julio Cabral - Heroes For Hire skin
Panaka_69 - Movie skin, mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?48t2ywv8s6aeca6

Outsider! I haven't got any words to describe my condition!!

He is impressive!! It's the best gift for me (and for those, who loves Wushu and similar martial arts) in pre-Xmas period!!

Brilliant work, man!

"There was an idea. To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could."

Quote from: Nigativ on December 15, 2016, 09:33AM
Outsider! I haven't got any words to describe my condition!!

He is impressive!! It's the best gift for me (and for those, who loves Wushu and similar martial arts) in pre-Xmas period!!

Brilliant work, man!

Good to hear that you're enjoying it. If I recall, I think it was you who requested Shang-Chi a while back. I mentioned that I'd consider him if I had enough time and decent skins to work with. As a fan of Bruce Lee and martial arts myself, I figured why the hell not.

Quote from: jaybird on December 15, 2016, 12:54PM
Outsider you have giving me a great birthday gift.

Happy birthday! Glad that you're enjoying the mod. I wanted to make sure he played very different from :ifist: Iron Fist.

Quote from: Dr. Bruce Banner on December 13, 2016, 03:17AM
Hah "Holy atomic pile !!!" Your tracklist on your Dazzler booster is damn amazing !  :jumping:
So allow me to quote from a great man : " The one thing that can solve most of our  problems is dancing "

I have to admit, I like disco music -- particularly the strong base rhythms. Disco music should make a comeback in real life, in my opinion, but the world is too negative now for that to ever happen. But I digress, those songs are all classics, and I wanted :dazzler: Dazzler to stand out. I'm glad the mirror ball and flashing lights worked, because I had a lot of difficulty with those.

Quote from: Lukinhas012Br on December 10, 2016, 07:32PM
Just wanted to thank you for every booster/mod you made so far.
Unfort to see ure going to stop making them but you made a great job so far.Gratz

Thanks for that. I've enjoyed making them as well as playing them. Hearing reactions such as these makes it all the better.

:hellion: hello again outsider i know I'm not supposed to ask this sort of thing here but you seem like you know what you're doing so i have this issue with s few characters like Jean Grey , Husk, Angel & Mr Sinister but the issue is that there is no attack animation for there first melee hit like i can hear the swing of the attack and it also connects to the enemy but they don't punch they just stand there and something invisible hits the enemies I;m not sure whats causing this but if you have any idea what it could be and if there's any way it could be fixed i'd be very grateful Thank you for your time

Quote from: Xenoses on December 18, 2016, 04:34PM
:hellion: hello again outsider i know I'm not supposed to ask this sort of thing here but you seem like you know what you're doing so i have this issue with s few characters like Jean Grey , Husk, Angel & Mr Sinister but the issue is that there is no attack animation for there first melee hit like i can hear the swing of the attack and it also connects to the enemy but they don't punch they just stand there and something invisible hits the enemies I;m not sure whats causing this but if you have any idea what it could be and if there's any way it could be fixed i'd be very grateful Thank you for your time

It is likely an animation issue. You said it was the first melee attack where the characters just stand there... that is animation "ea_attack_light1." It means that the characters don't have that animation, or it wasn't assigned somehow. Assuming you're talking about MUA (not XML2), yes, it can be fixed, though I've not seen that issue with the characters you've mentioned. (I don't have Husk in my game.) Speaking of Mr. Sinister, are you talking about my mod of him? If so, I'll look into it.

The fix requires opening their powerstyle files (or their fightstyle files if they don't use "fightstyle_default"), and adding the attacklight1 move with a different animation that they do have. Sounds more complicated than it actually is. I have everyone but Husk so I'll look into them when I have a chance to.

Hey Outsider, when Supergirl is flying and you push the joystick slow, she leans but doesn't actually move until you push to move fast.  I know this is a nitpick, it's just one of those little things that bugs me, and I'd like to try to fix if I can.  I have tried to poke around and do it myself, but I don't know the file(s) where that config sits.  I have managed to do adjustments here and there, like making it so her freeze breath puts out fires, so although my modding knowledge is very basic, I can do minor tweaks.  Could you point me in the right direction?

With that said, I have had a blast with this mod.  My daughter is now old enough that we both play, and we both have a lot of fun with it, along with several of your other DC mods.  So thank you (and co-contributors like aventureiromax and andersonbrazil for the awesome skins) for all the time and effort you must have put into them.

December 19, 2016, 12:12AM #986 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:22PM by Outsider
STEPFORD CUCKOOS

And now, I present to you my remix of :emmafrost: Emma Frost's schoolgirl sorority of students -- the :cuckoo: Stepford Cuckoos. Originally unplanned, I've enhanced Dihan's mod of them. Now, this is considered a mod remix, so it works on its own without Dihan's original. You're not gonna believe the features I've given each of them ...Yes! You've read that right! Each of them! And not just the ones still alive -- the dead ones, too! Check them all out!

CHANGES FROM THE ORIGINAL:
-Now made it possible to put all five individually on the same roster. You're getting five mods in one!
-They each now have flight.
-Altered skin numbers so that they do not interfere with my Mantis mod. Only the mannequin will clash.
-Added new skins and mannequin by Aventureiromax.
-Added individual HUDs for each of the sisters.
-Added two loading screens.
-Rearranged the order of powers and changed their damage output.
-"Psionic Slam" is now called "Psionic Stunner," as it can now stun enemies for a time.
-"Diamond Fist" now causes popup.
-"Power Block" now also causes enemies to run in fear (just like Emma Frost), and lowers defense in half.
-"Mental Beam" can now pierce through multiple enemies.
-"Love Spell" is now considered a boost. It now has a complete chance to control.
-"Diamond Form" is now called "Diamond Body." Now has resistances similar to Emma Frost.
-"Super-Mind" is now called "Hive Mind." It can now increase power damage, max energy, and momentum, and protects allies from mental damage and mind control.
-"Phoenix Warsong" no longer creates clones that do not disappear and slows down the game.
-New Power - Telekinesis: Can move enemies or objects via the Phoenix Force.
-New Power - Stepford Combos: Each of the five sisters in diamond form attack an enemy, resulting in a 5-hit combo attack. Replaces "Double Punch."

CREDITS:
Outsider - Remix creation & coding, hex-editing, individual HUDs, mod cloning, loading screens, etc.
Dihan - Original mod (and all who helped with it)
Aventureiromax - All skins, mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?3l5dox7t1tt1yrs

Quote from: Outsider on December 18, 2016, 05:10PM
It is likely an animation issue. You said it was the first melee attack where the characters just stand there... that is animation "ea_attack_light1." It means that the characters don't have that animation, or it wasn't assigned somehow. Assuming you're talking about MUA (not XML2), yes, it can be fixed, though I've not seen that issue with the characters you've mentioned. (I don't have Husk in my game.) Speaking of Mr. Sinister, are you talking about my mod of him? If so, I'll look into it.

The fix requires opening their powerstyle files (or their fightstyle files if they don't use "fightstyle_default"), and adding the attacklight1 move with a different animation that they do have. Sounds more complicated than it actually is. I have everyone but Husk so I'll look into them when I have a chance to.
Ohh sweet i managed to fix it on my own using the info you gave me i renamed sinisters Ea_attack_light1 to 2 and Angels 1 to 2 and it seemed to fix the problem i think Thank you so much Only person I Still  can't get it to work for so far is Husk

Great job  :rockon: now I can start an X-Men setup ;)
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: Xenoses on December 19, 2016, 02:05AM
Ohh sweet i managed to fix it on my own using the info you gave me i renamed sinisters Ea_attack_light1 to 2 and Angels 1 to 2 and it seemed to fix the problem i think Thank you so much Only person I Still  can't get it to work for so far is Husk

Good to hear that you were able to fix it on your own. I'm still curious if it were my :sinister: Mr. Sinister mod that had the problem. I'll still look into it.

Quote from: aventureiromax on December 19, 2016, 07:46AM
Great job  :rockon: now I can start an X-Men setup ;)

Glad to hear that you dig the changes. :fro: And, nice work on the skins. Your rep as the fastest skinner on the forum remains true.

Quote from: scottsum on December 18, 2016, 11:33PM
Hey Outsider, when Supergirl is flying and you push the joystick slow, she leans but doesn't actually move until you push to move fast.  I know this is a nitpick, it's just one of those little things that bugs me, and I'd like to try to fix if I can.  I have tried to poke around and do it myself, but I don't know the file(s) where that config sits.  I have managed to do adjustments here and there, like making it so her freeze breath puts out fires, so although my modding knowledge is very basic, I can do minor tweaks.  Could you point me in the right direction?

With that said, I have had a blast with this mod.  My daughter is now old enough that we both play, and we both have a lot of fun with it, along with several of your other DC mods.  So thank you (and co-contributors like aventureiromax and andersonbrazil for the awesome skins) for all the time and effort you must have put into them.

Damn, it does my heart good to know that you're enjoying my mods with your daughter, spending good quality time as a family. That's cool.
So, I looked into your report, and yes, it appears Supergirl doesn't fly slow -- only fast. This wasn't intentional, and I noticed that M. Bison has the same problem -- he can't fly slow either. However, some of my other mods such as Siryn and Exodus don't have that problem...

I would look in the powerstyle file, as the flight move is there. I am currently looking for similarities and differences between those that can fly slow, and those that can't. Hopefully, I can find a solution. If you find one before I do, feel free to share. I will update her, and you'll be credited for the assistance.

EDIT: I've noticed that :warbird: Ms. Marvel, Siryn, and Exodus can fly slower. The similarity is that they use "fightstyle_default." Supergirl and M. Bison on the other hand cannot fly slow. Why? They use their own fightstyle (fightstyle_spgirl, fightstyle_bison). So, I've tried placing her flight entry into her fightstyle file instead, but that didn't work. Also, how did you get her freeze breath to put out fires?