The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 23, 2017, 02:33AM #1170 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:28AM by Outsider
KANO

Here comes a mod of one of the original warriors of Mortal Kombat -- the Black Dragon thug known as Kano. Nearly all of the trademark moves you'd expect equals a fun and accurate mod. Decent skins as well. Enjoy getting ruthless on the Masters of Evil, and download this mercenary right now ...no charge.

UPDATE: Updated his sound files to now feature his voice from MK11.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Ability of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality).
-2 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, loading screen, 2 mannequins & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #118 (will clash with Radioactive Man in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Cannonball: Kano rolls forward, knocking multiple enemies back.
2. Knife Uppercut: Slices an enemy upward with his knife.
3. Eye Beam: Fires a wide laser from his cybernetic eye at enemies.
4. Knife Throw: Throws two of his knives at enemies, causing bleed damage.
5. Laser Blast: Fires his eye beam downward, causing a powerful radial attack.
6. (Boost) Black Dragon: Team gains critical chance in melee attacks for a time.
7. (Boost) Optic Upgrade: All laser powers inflict more damage and cost no energy for a time.
8. (Fatality) Laser Storm: Kano's cybernetic eye is set to kill, as he unleashes a dangerous blast on all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor, etc.
Aventureiromax - Skins & mannequin
MelloMods - Knife boltons

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?6vkkkir4cd8c5gy

Wow I didn't know the powers of Kano MK but I ended up liking them in MUA. Good job  :thumbsup2: :applause:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Awesome. Now we only have Goro, Johnny Cage & Reptile left to go, before the entire roster from the original Mortal Kombat game is made playable in MUA :D

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on August 23, 2017, 04:03PM
Awesome. Now we only have Goro, Johnny Cage & Reptile left to go, before the entire roster from the original Mortal Kombat game is made playable in MUA :D

I would love to see those three in MUA!!! They're some of my top favorite Mortal Kombat characters!!!

Quote from: aventureiromax on August 23, 2017, 06:27AM
Wow I didn't know the powers of Kano MK but I ended up liking them in MUA. Good job  :thumbsup2: :applause:
Quote from: TheMK on August 23, 2017, 03:32AM
Great!!! ^_^

I appreciate that, fellas. Good to hear that I did the fighter justice.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on August 23, 2017, 04:03PM
Quote from: TheMK on August 23, 2017, 06:48PM
I would love to see those three in MUA!!! They're some of my top favorite Mortal Kombat characters!!!

The next MK character I'm working on was just mentioned... :king: (evil laugh)

Outsider, congratulations! The Mod Kano is very cool! I'm finishing Small Pack 10, soon it will be at our disposal! I'm very impressed with our MK mods. That, indeed, was a great idea! Thank you!

August 28, 2017, 06:21PM #1177 Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 11:17PM by Outsider
JOHNNY CAGE

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the mod of a celebrity!!! No, it's not Floyd Mayweather, it's not Taylor Swift, and it's damn sure not Kim Kardashian! It's actually the movie star of Mortal Kombat known as Johnny Cage. This box office smash athlete has been in movies such as Dragon Fist, Dragon Fist II, the award-winning Sudden Violence, and even Ninja Mime (though Cyrax didn't like that one especially). And now, he is featured in MUA! With all of his trademark moves, some cool skins, and flashy icons & loading screens, you'll enjoy this mod for sure. Download him now, and watch the Masters of Evil get caged!

UPDATE: Added newer animations, including a fixed Ball Breaker.

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 2 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Ability of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality)
-6 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, loading screens, 2 mannequins & sound/voice files.
-Uses assigned number #57 (will clash with Kurse in mannequin & one of the loading screens).

MOVESET:
1. Energy Bolt: Cage throws a projectile of green energy at enemies. Also strengthens Stage Fatality.
2. Shadow Kick: Performs his trademark move, damaging an enemy hard and causing knockback. Also improves grab smash.
3. Shadow Uppercut: Cage delivers a flying uppercut, knocking an enemy upward and far.
4. Red Shadow Kick: Same as Shadow Kick, but glows red and inflicts more damage.
5. Red Shadow Uppercut: Same as Shadow Uppercut, but glows red and inflicts more damage.
6. Ball Breaker: Cage aims low and strikes an enemy below the belt, causing heavy damage and lowering defense for a time.
7. (Boost) Stunt Double: Johnny calls in a convincing look-alike of himself to assist the team in battle for a time.
8. (Boost) Warrior Spirit: A descendant of a Mediterranean cult that bred warriors for the gods, Cage increases damage output and XP.
9. (Fatality) Climax Scene: Cage moves around dispersing energy blasts on all enemies before delivering a energy-powered uppercut.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, icons, HUDs, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, effects, etc.
Aventureiromax - All skins, mannequins
UltraMegaMagnus - Newer animations
tubular spacedude - Alternate voice file

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?5gs74ilqwmh8iw5

OH MY GOD YES!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I am so excited!!! Johnny Cage was always in my top 5 MK heroes, even when he was one of its biggest underdogs long before he became popular ^_^ you've made me so happy!!!

Congrats on these two classic Mortal Kombat characters.
It's getting more and more interesting :)

Everyone, :ghostr: Ghost Rider and :bheart: Blackheart have been updated. The former has his double jump back after a complaint. Now his Hellcycle appears by holing block and press jump. His Hellcycle and Grab Smash damage can both be upgraded now, too. The latter's sound file now has more victory lines than just "Our battle ended too soon..." and "...And I was just beginning to enjoy myself." Download them both.

Quote from: TheMK on August 28, 2017, 06:29PM
OH MY GOD YES!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I am so excited!!! Johnny Cage was always in my top 5 MK heroes, even when he was one of its biggest underdogs long before he became popular ^_^ you've made me so happy!!!

Thanks for the enthusiastic response. I had to have the original playable seven from MK1 in there (Again, Sub-Zero's younger brother is representing the original here.) When I am done with creating MK warriors, I will conduct another poll that should be fun...

Quote from: AdrianoAp on August 29, 2017, 03:13PM
Congrats on these two classic Mortal Kombat characters.
It's getting more and more interesting :)

Indeed it is. Currently, 13 kombatants are playable, and I'm not done yet. I will create three more, so the remaining 10 will be left to other modders. My next MK warrior is a must-have hero for any legit MK collection...

I'm so excited that you have three more mods to contribute for the world of Mortal Kombat, Outsider! You've done so many of them and made them so well!

I'm also eager to see what else the Summer of Shadows has in store; I'm really grateful that you so kindly chose to prolong your retirement from MUA to share more modding masterpieces with us all. Your creativity and generosity are so plentiful and fantastic.

I think I know what two of these three MK characters are lol  :naughty: but it's a secret :D and I wonder if this third one might be Kung Lao, Baraka or some other girl? :D

You, Julio and Erik are making this possible and actually we already have many MK characters for MUA and I say: thank you very much for this because there are some characters that I did not like to play in MK but in MUA they are really nice and a great addition in my humble opinion would be Rain and Reptile.

Thanks to all involved  :applause:  :rockon:  :thumbsup2:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

September 01, 2017, 11:45AM #1183 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:50AM by aventureiromax
Everything worked perfect on the Ghost Rider but the effect of Hellcycle looked like this:

and this hud of his image I did not find :/ . I tested the file hellcycle_flame.xmlb in place of hellcycle_blue.xmlb and the effect worked normally (with yellow fire), Did I forget something?
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Did you do the part below that I've placed in bold?

Quote from: Outsider on January 06, 2015, 08:19PM

PREREQUISITES
-You MUST have iammingy's Ghost Rider booster (https://app.box.com/s/8dc22160877aaf3232c4) AND UltimateVenom's Danny Ketch skin (http://www.mediafire.com/?mnzy1znmzjn) for this mini-booster to work. In the latter, the effects are not set up correctly. Make sure it's one folder - effects/char/ghostr. (Use the smaller effect.)

The effects in UltimateVenom's skin set wasn't set up correctly, and I can't include it in my booster, so I tell everyone to make sure the effects are all in one folder. As for the HUD, I'm certain I've included it, but I'll take a look.