The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I did all this but the problem persisted and then I copied the original files from the MUA effects folder and pasted into the effects / char / ghostr folder and it worked perfectly now.

The hud of his image I got in the booster of Nowhere Man ;)

I think I should have some other booster installed before I can not remember. Anyway thank you ;)
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: aventureiromax on September 01, 2017, 12:34PM
I did all this but the problem persisted and then I copied the original files from the MUA effects folder and pasted into the effects / char / ghostr folder and it worked perfectly now.

The hud of his image I got in the booster of Nowhere Man ;)

I think I should have some other booster installed before I can not remember. Anyway thank you ;)

OK. Glad it worked out, one way or another.

Quote from: TheMK on September 01, 2017, 03:44AM
I'm so excited that you have three more mods to contribute for the world of Mortal Kombat, Outsider! You've done so many of them and made them so well!

I'm also eager to see what else the Summer of Shadows has in store; I'm really grateful that you so kindly chose to prolong your retirement from MUA to share more modding masterpieces with us all. Your creativity and generosity are so plentiful and fantastic.
Quote from: aventureiromax on September 01, 2017, 10:33AM
I think I know what two of these three MK characters are lol  :naughty: but it's a secret :D and I wonder if this third one might be Kung Lao, Baraka or some other girl? :D

You, Julio and Erik are making this possible and actually we already have many MK characters for MUA and I say: thank you very much for this because there are some characters that I did not like to play in MK but in MUA they are really nice and a great addition in my humble opinion would be Rain and Reptile.

Thanks to all involved  :applause:  :rockon:  :thumbsup2:

I appreciate that, amigos. Honestly, Mortal Kombat is my favorite fighting game series, and to see some of these characters in MUA is just awesome. I'm having fun creating them so far ...but I'm also a bit torn: I had promised everyone that I would work on some Marvel projects and a couple from Top Cow, but the more MK fighters I create, the more those other projects are pushed back and forced to wait longer -- as MK has my current focus.

So, I've created a new poll that I will pay close attention to: After the three MK projects already planned, should I continue with MK a little longer, or should I move on to Marvel and others? I can't promise that the winning vote is what I'll do, but I just want to see where the forum is at in terms of interest. The poll will be up for 10 days, so make your voice heard.

Forgive me for being biased (if my name and avatar aren't already a dead giveaway), but I'd prefer to see you do as much MK work as you'd be willing to. I say this not just because it's what I'd like to see, but because Marvel has the majority of modded content out of any other property on the forum (not that it's out of place -- it is a Marvel game, after all!). But I can understand other people's desires, and know MK may not be everyone's cup of tea. I just feel like it adds further novelty and replay value to see more characters one normally never would in a game like this.

At first I was hoping to see more Marvel/Top Cow mods from ya Outsider, but your Mortal Kombat stuff has been so good(that I haven't had any real reason to complain). Plus coming up with decent movesets for MK characters within the limits of MUA's engine, has been quite fun for me personally. So I say, continue doing as many MK characters as you're willing to do and then, move on to the Marvel & Top Cow stuff.

As the ol' saying goes, good things come to those who wait ;)

September 02, 2017, 08:46PM #1189 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:11AM by Outsider
JAX

Now here comes the steel-armed powerhouse of Mortal Kombat -- Major Jackson Briggs, known simply as Jax. That's right -- The Outsider has managed to undo the damage done by that horrible game back in the day Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. Jax is as bad-ass here in MUA as he always should be, as I've managed to replicate all of his trademark moves and then some. Decent skins and mannequins as well. Download him now, as the Masters of Evil prepare to hear "Gotcha!" before their doom...

UPDATE: Added Carl Weathers skins and HUD. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 2 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Ability of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality), and Gotcha Punch (can perform a variety of attacks off of a grab).
-6 hex-edited skins, 5 HUDs, icons, 2 loading screens, 3 mannequins & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #66 (will clash with Sunspot in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Power Dash: Jax moves in fast and connects with a lethal punch, sending enemies flying. Strengthens Stage Fatality.
2. Energy Comet: Throws a purple comet of energy at enemies. Improves grab smash.
3. 360 Throw: Jax grabs an enemy and swings them around, tossing them away.
4. Plasma Missle: From his metallic arms, fires a dangerous projectile that explodes on impact.
5. Quadruple Slam: Jax grabs an enemy and slams him to the ground hard 4x, increasing damage with each slam.
6. Earthquake: Jax punches the ground, sending his signature shockwave of damage on all enemies.
7. (Boost) American Powerhouse: Jax gains attack damage in melee attacks, and critical chance in power attacks.
8. (Boost) Iron Will: Leads the team as they gain combo damage, combo XP, and decrease in damage taken.
9. (Fatality) Giant Crush: Jax grows into a giant, and unleashes an earthquake stomp on all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs (except Carl Weathers), icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, earthquake script, etc.
Aventureiromax - Skins (except Carl Weathers), mannequins
Escanor610 - Carl Weathers skins & HUD
Marvel Watcher - Some effects from Arclight's XML2 mod

BUGS:
A few times, when Jax grabs an enemy to perform his Quadruple Slam, the minion will randomly escape right away.  Unsure why that's happening. Minor, though. (Don't worry - No energy is spent until the move is successfully performed.)

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?r01jvml36xgkcxi

Very great!!!

I'm sad to see it looks like most people would rather see MK end on MUA (temporarily/from one creator anyhow), but I really can't complain. You've really been spoiling us fellow Kombat fans with so many of these awesome mods. Excited to see who your remaining two will be!

Wow... of the recent poll, 25 people have voted so far, and a whopping 72% are in favor of my moving on to Marvel after the remaining two MK projects. That's a landslide so far. I'll keep viewing the results throughout this week and upcoming weekend, but it seems already obvious what direction the forum would like me to go.

In the meantime, I am pleased with how Jax came out, and hopefully you're enjoying him. Up next is a Mortal Kombat villain that is a must-have for MK's MUA roster...

Congratulations again you are untiring :)
The search is very cruel kkkk, I hope to see mod again from the marvel universe but still have several interesting characters in MK, as well as Jax kkkk

It's only September 5th, and already the vote looks very much one-sided.

36 people have voted and 75% voted in favor of my going back to Marvel after the remaining two Mortal Kombat projects are done (which will conclude the Summer of Shadows event). Those kind of results are something I can't ignore. So, I have decided that I will indeed go back to Marvel & Top Cow when my remaining MK projects are finished. This will likely be a different event. I'm not sure how many I will create though, as again, I can only create them during the weekend days (not on some Friday or Saturday nights though :fro: )

I don't know if that means I'll be done with MK for good though, because of all the support I've received, and how fun it is to create them. Hell, I once thought that there was no way we'll see a full roster of 27 MK warriors, but now it looks it may actually happen. Stay tuned.

I really hope we do eventually see More Kombat from you later, Outsider. I'm happy to hear there's at least two remaining, but you mod the kombatants into MUA so well!

There are a lot of exciting opportunities with Marvel and Top Cow, though! Either way, I'm sure everyone is excited to see what else you have in store for the world of MUA.

Well, the poll has closed, and the final results are in. 44 people have voted, and by an overwhelming margin of 33-11, 75% have voted in favor of my returning to Marvel after my remaining two Mortal Kombat projects. So, that's what I'll do. Thanks to all who have voted.

I am nearly complete with my current MK project, and trust me, you'll want to add this kombatant to the MK roster. That leaves just one more MK project to go. However, due to the staggering poll results, I'm going to just begin some Marvel projects instead, and that MK project will be worked on during them.

Also, when Andersonbrazil releases his Pack 10, I will soon after release a HUGE update for Shang Tsung. If you think he's awesome now, just you wait...

Your mods are awesome! I really liked your MK ones, it's too bad that there won't be more MK characters after these last 2 are released. I really, really hope one of them is Goro. That'd be an awesome way to end it. Looking forward to all your future mods!

September 13, 2017, 04:43PM #1198 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:45AM by Outsider
QUAN CHI

You've already played as one half of Mortal Kombat's Deadly Alliance... it's now time to play as the other half. Introducing the evil, cunning sorcerer from the Brotherhood of Shadow known as Quan Chi. One of the most powerful and smart antagonists in MK history, the nightmare from the Netherrealm now invades MUA! With cool skins, kick-ass powers, and some signature stuff you'd expect from such a sadistic sorcerer, you are sure to have fun playing as him. You see, boys and girls? You can trust a sorcerer sometimes...

UPDATE: Added MKX & Circle of Shadows skins & HUDs. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 4 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Abilities of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality), Skeletal Boost EX (can combine both Skeletal Boosts to gain both uses + 20% momentum), and Possession (can possess and control an enemy for 15 seconds).
-4 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #149 (shares with Black Knight).

MOVESET:
1. Dark Skull: Fires a skull projectile of energy.
2. Sky Drop: Teleports upward and lands on enemy's head.
3. Ground Burst: Releases a dangerous burst of power on nearby enemies.
4. Zombie Trance: Releases a mystical spell that weakens enemies, drawing them helplessly to him.
5. Reanimation: Can resurrect enemies to serve him for a time. Can also resurrect fallen allies.
6. (Boost) Skeletal Boost 1: Gains more attack damage in melee and power attacks.
7. (Boost) Skeletal Boost 2: Regenerates health for a time via a dark healing factor.
8. (Boost) Limb Beatdown: Uses Reiko's severed leg as a weapon to beat on enemies for a time. Unlocks Skeletal Boost EX.
9. (Boost) Shinnok's Amulet: All of his skills and passives' skill points are increased.
10. (Fatality) Warlock Blast: Traps enemies immobile before unleashing a massive burst of black magic on them.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor, weapon scripts, etc.
Aventureiromax - Skins (MK9, MK4), mannequins
Escanor610 - Skins (MKX, Circle of Shadows)
Julio Cabral - Green skull projectile model, severed leg model
MUALover - Skull aura effect

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ffzyjjxj2452vkk

YES!!! Quan Chi is my favorite Mortal Kombat villain!!!