The Outsider's Crypt (contains 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
You're truly an inspiration to us all, Outsider. Here's to the continuing success of the game and the forums. Who knows; maybe one day we'll get a new MUA game to mod.

Always leave them wanting more. I think retired is a strong word as well. It not a job but its a lot of your hard work and time and we appreciate all that you have done. If it still brings you joy in creating ever once and a while continue on brother. Thank you again. :thumbsup2: :rockon: :thumbsup2:

Thank you for your continuing contributions to this community over the past five years, Outsider. Its always a real treat when I see a new mod from ya(especially for characters whom barely get any exposure or love at all beyond the confines of comic books).

Combined with all the content provided by every other modder who have come and gone, it makes MUA feel that little bit more special and standalone, when compared with the increasingly soulless, cash-grabby output of superhero games today. Cheers and I hope you continue to live a prosperous & satisfying life outside the confines of this forum :)

Outsider you a truly one of the brightest stars in this community, your mods are never short of outstanding, the amount of detail, effort and work you've put into everything I've played of yours is truly mind blowing.

A lot of your work is a huge inspiration for a lot of us, including myself, getting involved in the modding community here.

Can't wait to see what the future brings for you here (for however long or short that is) and beyond, for I know you'll continue to do great things.

PS. I can't wait to try the Polaris booster, I love that character and she needed some love herself so I'm excited!

I glad that you come out of "retirement". Like Jordan in 95, you have shown that you still have a lot left to give. Thank you Outsider for all your work. P.S. thanks to your girlfriend too for inspiring you.

Outsider going on to congratulate you for the great work you have done with the issue of 28 and everything, very cool idea to create a mod for Wendigo ... anxious here;)

Quote from: TheMK on May 09, 2018, 07:03PM
Your congratulations are well deserved, Outsider! You've been working constantly on a collection of modding material for MUA that is nothing short of absolutely breathtaking.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think I'll ever get tired of this game and the mods :) I'm very enthusiastic about all they entail though!

I'm very pleased to see that the forum's appreciations bring you such great joy!
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on May 09, 2018, 07:41PM
You're truly an inspiration to us all, Outsider. Here's to the continuing success of the game and the forums. Who knows; maybe one day we'll get a new MUA game to mod.
Quote from: ndp on May 09, 2018, 08:01PM
Always leave them wanting more. I think retired is a strong word as well. It not a job but its a lot of your hard work and time and we appreciate all that you have done. If it still brings you joy in creating ever once and a while continue on brother. Thank you again. :thumbsup2: :rockon: :thumbsup2:
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on May 09, 2018, 08:23PM
Thank you for your continuing contributions to this community over the past five years, Outsider. Its always a real treat when I see a new mod from ya(especially for characters whom barely get any exposure or love at all beyond the confines of comic books).

Combined with all the content provided by every other modder who have come and gone, it makes MUA feel that little bit more special and standalone, when compared with the increasingly soulless, cash-grabby output of superhero games today. Cheers and I hope you continue to live a prosperous & satisfying life outside the confines of this forum :)
Quote from: nickjustint on May 09, 2018, 08:39PM
Outsider you a truly one of the brightest stars in this community, your mods are never short of outstanding, the amount of detail, effort and work you've put into everything I've played of yours is truly mind blowing.

A lot of your work is a huge inspiration for a lot of us, including myself, getting involved in the modding community here.

Can't wait to see what the future brings for you here (for however long or short that is) and beyond, for I know you'll continue to do great things.

PS. I can't wait to try the Polaris booster, I love that character and she needed some love herself so I'm excited!
Quote from: jaybird on May 10, 2018, 06:56AM
I glad that you come out of "retirement". Like Jordan in 95, you have shown that you still have a lot left to give. Thank you Outsider for all your work. P.S. thanks to your girlfriend too for inspiring you.
Quote from: AdrianoAp on May 10, 2018, 03:20PM
Outsider going on to congratulate you for the great work you have done with the issue of 28 and everything, very cool idea to create a mod for Wendigo ... anxious here;)

Damn, the support is overwhelming! Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I truly appreciate all of it.

Let's hope that returning moderator Tommyboy2002 finds a way to increase the roster from 28 to... well, any number higher than 28, and without the NPC glitch. He's gonna try something over the weekend. Wish him the best on his research and tinkering. Perhaps his return is a sign of great things to come.

As for my next project, the Wendigo -- does anyone remember playing the X-Men arcade game back in the day? After fighting through the Savage Land, Magneto chanted the famous line "Welcome to Die!" before trapping you below to face the Wendigo and his ferocity. I'll try to create that same savagery in MUA. Stay tuned...

May 10, 2018, 09:19PM #1462 Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:25PM by Ceamonks890
I got introduced to the Wendigo via X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge on PlayStation 2. His levels are some of the most atmospheric in the game & his boss fight was challenging but oh so satisfying to beat. So it'll be interesting to see your take on the creature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5WoSA3Kqeo&t

Parabéns de novo homem! Seu trabalho é especial e único! Me divirto muito com meus amigos e irmãos graças a você e aos outros modders contribuintes <3 Sem os mods e sem você não teria graça :P Um abraço!

I remember fighting Wendigo in the arcade game -and- X2; he was definitely very intimidating in both.

The X-Men arcade game has a special place in my heart. It's so fun but also so ridiculously cheesy XD with all the broken English all over it and then ridiculous things like Wolverine basically being able to shoot lasers out of his claws.

For what it's worth, X2 was a decent game as well, but I fear it hasn't aged quite well. It had interesting ideas and mechanics, but operated in a very clunky manner IMO. As much as it's counterpart stank I think the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game was a much better game.

Outsider, just tried Polaris for the first time. As always your work hits home with more than just full scores. Thank you for your continuous work and technical support too!

Everyone, in case you are unaware, my next mod project of the Wendigo is currently on hold. The reason is because I've been working alongside some talented coders as a "think tank" to figure out a way to successfully inc... you know what? I won't spoil it, but registered members know what I'm referring to. Yeah, it's kind of a big deal. We are extremely close to it becoming a reality, but a few annoying problems are in the way.

When that work is done, I will then return to character creation, and if our project is successful, it may inspire me to create more after the "Road To 150" is over. Like I said, it's kind of a big deal. Stay tuned...

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on May 10, 2018, 09:19PM
I got introduced to the Wendigo via X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge on PlayStation 2. His levels are some of the most atmospheric in the game & his boss fight was challenging but oh so satisfying to beat. So it'll be interesting to see your take on the creature.

I remember that fight. One has to have that ferocity when creating the Wendigo. He won't be just another beastial mod. I always like every mod to be different in some way.

Quote from: phoenix2016 on May 11, 2018, 08:32AM
Parabéns de novo homem! Seu trabalho é especial e único! Me divirto muito com meus amigos e irmãos graças a você e aos outros modders contribuintes <3 Sem os mods e sem você não teria graça :P Um abraço!

According to Google Translate (which I know isn't always accurate), you said, "Congratulations, new man! Your work is special and unique! I had so much fun with my friends and siblings thanks to you and the other modders contributors <3 Without the mods and without you it would not be fun :P A hug!"

So to that, thanks for that. Compliments like that are what keeps me going.

Quote from: TheMK on May 11, 2018, 06:41PM
The X-Men arcade game has a special place in my heart. It's so fun but also so ridiculously cheesy XD with all the broken English all over it and then ridiculous things like Wolverine basically being able to shoot lasers out of his claws.

I was a fan of the X-Men as a kid, but all we had at that time was that horrible Nintendo video game of them made by LJN. So when that arcade game of them came out, I was elated. Personally, I had hoped that one day Marvel Mods could modify that game and make it as great as we've done with MUA.

Quote from: Dave_Bass on May 16, 2018, 10:45AM
Outsider, just tried Polaris for the first time. As always your work hits home with more than just full scores. Thank you for your continuous work and technical support too!

Good to hear that you dig her upgrades. :fro: Magneto would be proud of her now.

Hello! After 8 years of hybernation (and after seeing Infinity War) I decided to replay this wonderful game with new perspective and mods. I'm not sure if this is a correct thread for my question, but it's the one that's active and I hope you can help me.
I have not yet installed the mod for Winter Soldier but I tried replacing the Winter Soldier NPC's skin with MCU ones that BLAW made. All skins work, all animations play out as intended etc. But he doesn't hold his rifle in his hands and instead it's holstered behind his back so it looks like he's shooting from an imaginary rifle. It's not a big issue but it's annoying. Do you have an idea of what's causing it? Thanks.

P.S. if there's a more appropriate thread for questions like these I would appreciate the guidance.

Quote from: BloodyMares on May 21, 2018, 05:26PM
Hello! After 8 years of hybernation (and after seeing Infinity War) I decided to replay this wonderful game with new perspective and mods. I'm not sure if this is a correct thread for my question, but it's the one that's active and I hope you can help me.
I have not yet installed the mod for Winter Soldier but I tried replacing the Winter Soldier NPC's skin with MCU ones that BLAW made. All skins work, all animations play out as intended etc. But he doesn't hold his rifle in his hands and instead it's holstered behind his back so it looks like he's shooting from an imaginary rifle. It's not a big issue but it's annoying. Do you have an idea of what's causing it? Thanks.

P.S. if there's a more appropriate thread for questions like these I would appreciate the guidance.

Since I made the Winter Soldier mod that BLaw made skins for, it's alright to write here. The reason you're not seeing his rifle in his hands is because Blaw's skins of him likely does not have "11901_gun_segment," which is the rifle that Winter Soldier NPC uses.

Quote from: Outsider on May 16, 2018, 01:09PM
I was a fan of the X-Men as a kid, but all we had at that time was that horrible Nintendo video game of them made by LJN. So when that arcade game of them came out, I was elated. Personally, I had hoped that one day Marvel Mods could modify that game and make it as great as we've done with MUA.

By any chance are you familiar with Beats of Rage? It's an open source game editing system (that's free and legal as far as I'm aware) that allows you to basically make games just like the classic Beat 'Em Up Streets of Rage, which the X-Men Arcade Game is pretty similar to IMO.

ZVitor, a programmer and gamer who usually makes creations with Mugen (similar to BOR except with fighting games), has made some pretty awesome Marvel and DC themed stuff with BOR.

http://zvitor.com.br/projeto/mfa3.html

http://zvitor.com.br/projeto/jlu1.html