The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've never even heard of Malibu Comics(I was only a year old when they became defunct in 1994). And I thought Valiant Comics/Valiant Entertainment were obscure, with characters like Bloodshot, Ninjak, Shadowman & X-O Manowar! :P

As it is, I don't really know. They don't sound particularly interesting to me personally, but I don't feel like its my place to say, having never read anything about Night Man & Mantra.

But if you can see potential to make them into fun mods Outsider, I say go for it as you've surprised me before in the past with characters, that I would have never expected to be as fun to play in MUA as they are, like Rescue, Arcade, a few secret characters & Lara Croft(who's classic incarnation in the Core Design games & Top Cow Comics, serves as one of my favorite video game characters).

I might make a poll on the Discord server for this, on account of it being impossible for new users to register on the forum currently ;)

Very excited to hear further news about your renewed interest in modding!

As for the Malibu characters, I enjoyed reading about that. I remember hearing about Night Man's show and being interested in seeing it; there's even an episode that crosses over with Manimal.

Out of the two, I think I'd be more interested in seeing Night Man as a mod, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for exceptionally interesting (IMO) Batman analogues ;)

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on June 20, 2018, 06:56PM
I've never even heard of Malibu Comics(I was only a year old when they became defunct in 1994). And I thought Valiant Comics/Valiant Entertainment were obscure, with characters like Bloodshot, Ninjak, Shadowman & X-O Manowar! :P

As it is, I don't really know. They don't sound particularly interesting to me personally, but I don't feel like its my place to say, having never read anything about Night Man & Mantra.

But if you can see potential to make them into fun mods Outsider, I say go for it as you've surprised me before in the past with characters, that I would have never expected to be as fun to play in MUA as they are, like Rescue, Arcade, a few secret characters & Lara Croft(who's classic incarnation in the Core Design games & Top Cow Comics, serves as one of my favorite video game characters).

I might make a poll on the Discord server for this, on account of it being impossible for new users to register on the forum currently ;)

Quote from: TheMK on June 20, 2018, 06:57PM
Very excited to hear further news about your renewed interest in modding!

As for the Malibu characters, I enjoyed reading about that. I remember hearing about Night Man's show and being interested in seeing it; there's even an episode that crosses over with Manimal.

Out of the two, I think I'd be more interested in seeing Night Man as a mod, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for exceptionally interesting (IMO) Batman analogues ;)

Thanks for your take on it, fellas. Well, upon seeing the poll Ceamonks made at the Discord Server after a few days, it appears that the community (so far) are about even about seeing those two as potential mods. So, that's a "no" for now. Maybe the forum feels that there are characters that are more deserving of a mod than two completely forgotten characters that haven't been used since the 90's. Perhaps I'll think about them again after some more well-known Marvel characters.

On an unrelated note, I have to admit, I'm very much liking the :cd: Cloak and Dagger TV show. It's a nice change of pace from the typical "hero gets powers, hero saves the world from menacing villain" approach. This show is more rooted in character development, which is decent storytelling, even if it's a bit slow at times. Tyrone and Tandy both have their issues, and neither is forced into saving the world or going into their inevitable romance that quickly. I like what they are doing so far, and their latest episode "Call/Response" was their best one yet. I hope they don't ruin it...

Thx for your works again :)

I'm facing an issue though: I can't light punch with Sub-Zero & his hard punch immobilize him, I've installed Sub-zero booster after installing Julio Cabral mods, I'm also playing on keyboard. My setup is heavily modded with lots of DC heroes.

Quote from: UltraMegaMagnus on June 23, 2018, 07:35AM
I'm facing an issue though: I can't light punch with Sub-Zero & his hard punch immobilize him, I've installed Sub-zero booster after installing Julio Cabral mods, I'm also playing on keyboard. My setup is heavily modded with lots of DC heroes.

This was after starting a new game, right? Did you have this problem before my booster? I'll look into him.
Honestly, I don't know where these random animation problems are coming from, as I haven't had any problems on my computer, and I play with a controller. Edward had reported animation problems with Sindel, but no one else had that problem. And this is the first time I'm hearing problems with Sub-Zero.
It is possible that as we mod our games to our own individual liking, some problems form that are unique to that individual. Still, I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

June 23, 2018, 10:03AM #1490 Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:20AM by UltraMegaMagnus
Quote from: Outsider on June 23, 2018, 09:29AM
This was after starting a new game, right? Did you have this problem before my booster? I'll look into him.
Honestly, I don't know where these random animation problems are coming from, as I haven't had any problems on my computer, and I play with a controller. Edward had reported animation problems with Sindel, but no one else had that problem. And this is the first time I'm hearing problems with Sub-Zero.
It is possible that as we mod our games to our own individual liking, some problems form that are unique to that individual. Still, I'll see what I can do when I get a chance.

Thx for the help, yes after starting a new game with Gold Edition Content, I also think the issue must be because I've got ton of mods, I havent tested Sub-Zero before adding the booster

EDIT, just tested with only OC 1.3 installed, everythings works fine, there is definitely something wrong with my main install, sorry for trouble

EDIT 2, something interesting, my setup is GEC with the 33 hack, Sub-Zero was the the first of the last 5 entries in the herostat, I moved him elsewhere and the issue was gone(not in the last 5) when I started a new game in easy mode, but the hero that took his place did not have his first power unlocked.

I think due to unknow reason of hero mod, the hero if in the last 5 (or specically the first of the last 5) can lose a fightmove like a lightpunch or have animation issue, besides not having his first power available when you start a new game.

EDIT 3 : I have the same issue as andersonbrazil :
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10302.45.html
Quote from: andersonbrazil on June 09, 2018, 03:22PM
Hey guys! More feedback for us. Now I have good feedback.

I tested several changes in the menulocation, and noticed that sometimes some character was bugged in powers, and in animation. But I noticed that this can be controlled when the characters are the first 4 and the last 4 in the increasing order of the herostat. With a cheat to open all powers the problem can be solved. The strong punch loaded made the character to be paralyzed, with the cheat code everything returns to normal. Not to mention that powers also appear.

The other bugs, I managed solve by selecting 3 characters instead of 4.

In a few cases I have not been able to solve the loading of some powers and to fix animation issues that paralyze, so it concludes that it must be those bugs that occur because of some conflict between characters.

I want to inform you that although heroselect is unable to generate a herostat of 33 places, it can still generate the 27th. I use it to generate a herostat of 27 places, then I add through xml decompile the other places, also doing the corrections of places 26 and 96. I insist on heroselect because of its practicality and agility.

All right then! Now I can launch a tutorial video teaching how to install and handle this fantastic modification.

Once again, thank you to all who cooperated to create this great package!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

EDIT 4 : unlock all power cheat indeed solve the issue permanently, sorry for the trouble!!

Quote from: UltraMegaMagnus on June 23, 2018, 10:03AM
EDIT 4 : unlock all power cheat indeed solve the issue permanently, sorry for the trouble!!

No worries. I'm just glad the situation was resolved. Hopefully, Krisan is still trying to come up with a way to alter the game's memory, which would solve all of these problems that the 33R and the GEC are suffering.

As for Mantra and Night Man, it appears that the tide over at the Discord Server is shifting, as the majority appears to be in favor of those two becoming mods. I'll keep looking at the results from time to time.

I dont know how to install skins,someone pls help me

Quote from: batgamer on June 24, 2018, 04:59AM
I dont know how to install skins,someone pls help me

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,5623.0.html

When you have a question, surf through the Knowledge Base section of the forum, as chances are, the answer lies there. You can also use the search engine. And, if you have further questions, post at the Technical Problems section next time.

June 24, 2018, 02:52PM #1494 Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 12:09PM by Outsider
THE WARRIORS THREE

I think it's about time that :thor: Thor gains some more allies on his tales of Asgard... Here comes Fandral The Dashing, Hogun The Grim, and Volstagg The Valiant, who together form the Asgardian trio known as the Warriors Three. All three are separate mods, so yes, you can play as all three of them at the same time. While they have a bare-bones move set and don't have much in the way of variety, they make up for in damage output as you level them up. Go ahead, try them out, and fare thee well.

UPDATE: Now has upgradeable grab smashes, classic skins, and their weapons are no longer attached to them. Herostats have changed.

FEATURES:
-2 powers, a boost, and an Xtreme for each.
-Each have Might and an exclusive ability tailored to them.
-3 hex-edited skins, 3 HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequins, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned numbers #41 (Fandral), #56 (Hogun), and #78 (Volstagg). They will clash in mannequins with Moon Knight, Deathbird, and Colossus respectively.

MOVESET - FANDRAL:
1. En Garde!: Thrusts his rapier sword at an enemy. Enemies with low health will be slain. Also strengthens grab smash.
2. Have At Thee: Spins and slices with his sword for as long as the button is held.
3. (Boost) Blessing From Hermod: Heals himself while gaining extra speed and cannot be slowed down.
4. (Xtreme) Dashing Finish: Fandral moves like the Asgardian winds to each enemy and attacks them dangerously with his rapier.

MOVESET - HOGUN:
1. Windup Swing: Bashes enemies with his mace, causing knockback. Also strengthens grab smash.
2. Overwhelming Presence: Swings his mace with force, causing powerful knockback to nearby enemies.
3. (Boost) Blessing From Tyr: Heals himself while gaining extra defense and cannot be stunned.
4. (Xtreme) Grim Reality: Hogun jumps up to an unknown location and fires arrows that leak deadly poison on all enemies.

MOVESET - VOLSTAGG:
1. Voluminous Axe: Battle axe attack. Chance for 20% critical damage when fully charged. Also strengthens grab smash.
2. Splitting Headache: Slams his battle axe down hard, causing radial damage.
3. (Boost) Blessing From Vidar: Heals himself while gaining extra strength & mass and cannot be thrown.
4. (Xtreme) Valiant Crush: Volstagg slams his axe, creating a deadly earthquake on all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing,  etc.
Julio Cabral - Skins
AdrianoAp - Mannequins

NOTE:
None so far.

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?0k4zxlrh3ntqf79

Wow! Amazing stuff as usual, I'm glad we got these in the game now :O! Maybe someone will spoil us and convert their Future Fight models in the future, but nonetheless this is great.

Your mods never fail to entertain, Outsider. Excited to see what you have in mind next :)

I haven't watched Cloak and Dagger yet but I intend to do so sometime. I actually got really interested in them after watching and being impressed with Runaways so much that I read the comics. But like the show creators even mention, there's not a lot of Cloak and Dagger source material to go off of per se. It'll be interesting to find out what they decided to do with it.

On the other hand, I just finished season 2 of Luke Cage, and WOW. I, unlike others, actually found season 2 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones to be very enjoyable, but this is definitely the best Netflix MCU season 2 so far. There's not one, but two great and equally entertaining villains, a hell of a lot of character development, a constantly surprising plot and awesome action. I found myself able to sympathize with the viewpoints of almost every major character and unable to decide who I wanted to win (even though Luke is the right choice since he's the hero and all ;) ). I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about it. The very ending of Cage's season 2 really surprised me, it makes me wonder how his next crossover and/or season 3 will go.

Yes!! The warriors three are a great addition to MUA!! Thanks!