The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: scottsum on September 17, 2018, 10:33AM
By chance were you playing with 4 characters?  I've seen freezing, slow movement, and crashing in various parts of the game when using combinations of 4 modded characters, and it seems to have nothing to do with which ones they are.  This condition would probably be worse in the Sepulcher stage, as there are LOTS of enemies to contribute to consuming memory which is already presumably limited by the game's code.

Yes, in each of my tests there I was playing with four. But, what caught my attention was when JohnConquest12 said it wasn't happening to him until after he downloaded my Ghost Rider booster (see posts in previous page). I found that strange because the booster doesn't have any stage-changing properties.

I don't know if he was playing with four heroes or not, but I would like to know if my booster is causing the problem. If someone who doesn't have the booster notices the same glitch, that'll confirm that it isn't.

If it's only the fact that the Sepulcher stage has infinite enemies running around, then at least I'll know that it's not my fault.

Everyone, after further testing, I've concluded that my Ghost Rider booster was not the problem after all. Upon trying that stage with just one character, the stage played fine, as scottsum's theory believed. For that, I've unlocked the booster, and I will return to working on Kenshi of Mortal Kombat.

JohnConquest12, so as scottsum mentioned, it is possible that you had four members on your team and with the amount of enemies in that stage, it was bound to cause some glitches. Had nothing to do with Ghost Rider per se. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that, for that is a memory issue. Krisan Thyme said he was going to extend the game's memory a couple of months ago -- let's hope he's making progress on that.

As for the poll on Valkyrie, the time has elapsed, and over 85% voted that she is not Brunnhilde, is her own character and should get her own mod. I'll see what I can do.

Just to add one more thing on my theory about the memory issue, I think high res, larger file size (i.e. over 2 or 3MB) skins may be part of the problem.

Quote from: Outsider on September 17, 2018, 11:09PM
Everyone, after further testing, I've concluded that my Ghost Rider booster was not the problem after all. Upon trying that stage with just one character, the stage played fine, as scottsum's theory believed. For that, I've unlocked the booster, and I will return to working on Kenshi of Mortal Kombat.

JohnConquest12, so as scottsum mentioned, it is possible that you had four members on your team and with the amount of enemies in that stage, it was bound to cause some glitches. Had nothing to do with Ghost Rider per se. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that, for that is a memory issue. Krisan Thyme said he was going to extend the game's memory a couple of months ago -- let's hope he's making progress on that.

As for the poll on Valkyrie, the time has elapsed, and over 85% voted that she is not Brunnhilde, is her own character and should get her own mod. I'll see what I can do.

Alright then. Yeah I had 4 characters and I didn't have any idea that the sepulcher stage was memory intensive. In my first playthrough with modded characters there was no problem. But then I guess I started downloading high res texture skins and using them on that level so I guess that's what caused the problem. I'll make sure to take a note of that next time.

Ran into a problem. I had to reinstall everything on my computer, and now SkinnerUI isn't working. It keeps saying "The code execution cannot proceed MSVCP71.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this program." It says the same thing for MFC71.DLL, and MSVCR71.dll. The ironic thing is I do have those extensions. Still, I downloaded them again from BLaw's link, and when I launched it again, it said the same thing. I even restarted the computer after all that, and it says the same thing. So, I can't get it to work like it was before. If anyone knows what I should do to get it to work again, let me know.

EDIT: I have Windows 10 if it helps to know that.

September 18, 2018, 12:48PM #1640 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:55PM by UltraMegaMagnus
Quote from: Outsider on September 18, 2018, 12:00PM
Ran into a problem. I had to reinstall everything on my computer, and now SkinnerUI isn't working. It keeps saying "The code execution cannot proceed MSVCP71.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this program." It says the same thing for MFC71.DLL, and MSVCR71.dll. The ironic thing is I do have those extensions. Still, I downloaded them again from BLaw's link, and when I launched it again, it said the same thing. I even restarted the computer after all that, and it says the same thing. So, I can't get it to work like it was before. If anyone knows what I should do to get it to work again, let me know.

I'd re-install all Microsoft net framework possible if not already.

Here's my folder if that may help, backup uir cfg first though + starting as Admin.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485487024309141504/485499193730007090/skinnerui.zip

Quote from: Outsider on September 18, 2018, 12:00PM

Try the steps on this site, maybe it helps: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-msvcr71-dll-not-found-or-missing-errors-2623803

Try a SkinnerUI from a different download source. There's at least two here in the forum.

Quote from: UltraMegaMagnus on September 18, 2018, 12:48PM
I'd re-install all Microsoft net framework possible if not already.

Here's my folder if that may help, backup uir cfg first though + starting as Admin.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485487024309141504/485499193730007090/skinnerui.zip
Quote from: Big Boss on September 18, 2018, 12:49PM
Try the steps on this site, maybe it helps: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-msvcr71-dll-not-found-or-missing-errors-2623803
Quote from: Julio Cabral on September 18, 2018, 02:26PM
Try a SkinnerUI from a different download source. There's at least two here in the forum.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I got it to work, but it's rather funny what did the trick -- Before, the dll files were in a folder called "SystemDLLs" inside the skinnerUI folder, and it still worked fine. This time around, it didn't. So just like with MUA itself, I thought to just put the DLLs in the same base folder as the program, and... voila! Windows is a strange thing sometimes.

FYI- for future reference, a file error referencing MSVCR** usually means Microsoft Visual C Runtime, or some related component, needs to be reinstalled.

Quote from: Outsider on September 18, 2018, 04:57PM
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I got it to work, but it's rather funny what did the trick -- Before, the dll files were in a folder called "SystemDLLs" inside the skinnerUI folder, and it still worked fine. This time around, it didn't. So just like with MUA itself, I thought to just put the DLLs in the same base folder as the program, and... voila! Windows is a strange thing sometimes.

Just in case if it happen to anyone else again, that msvcrt bla bla is soemthing related with Ms. Visual C++ Library. This library normally needed in some old games. The updated version of that Ms.Visual installer is not contain the previous one. Which means you must to install all Ms. Visual CC++ version until the newest one to make some old programs work. And also if we use 64bit computer, make sure to install both 64bit and 32bit (x86) installer to get full compatibility. If your windows refuse to install Ms. Visual installer because of compatibility issue, try to find out how to set compatibility, or doing trick like copying the needed .dll might work too (not always).
-this site and all modders here help me too much. thanks a lot to keep MUA game alive-

September 19, 2018, 12:06PM #1646 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:04AM by Outsider
KENSHI

Take an amalgam of :daredevil: Daredevil and Silver Samurai and give him a killer instinct and an ancient ancestral sword, and you've got my next mod. Introducing the blind swordsman of Mortal Kombat named Kenshi Takahashi, or as commonly known, Kenshi. Trust me folks, this is no ordinary swordsman. He can whoop some ass without even looking in an enemy's direction (not that he can look). He has a decent amount of powers and skills to make for a fun mod. Check him out.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Ability of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality.)
-1 hex-edited skin, 4 HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #39 (shares with Professor X, will clash at mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Spirit Charge: Telepathically knocks an enemy down with his ethereal spirit. Also strengthens Stage Fatality.
2. Mind Lift: Uses telekinesis to lift and move enemies or objects. Also improves grab smash.
3. Rising Karma: Telekinetically moves his spirit to slash an enemy upward.
4. Blade Reflect: Can slash any attack, reversing damage back at attackers.
5. Telekinetic Slash: Mentally moves his ethereal spirit to deliver a dangerous slash.
6. (Boost) Kenjutsu Variation: Uses his ancestral sword Sento in battle. Gains critical chance in all attacks.
7. (Boost) Mental Endurance: Through Tai Chi, he and his team gains XP, and immunity from mental damage & mind control.
8. (Fatality) Spirit of Sento: Telekinetically lifts all enemies up, then slices them heavily with his sword.

NEEDS:
3 more skins (must have sword skin segments).

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor, etc.
Andersonbrazil - Skins
Aventureiromax - Mannequin
CoopNPB (at Deviantart) - Kenshi sprites

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?2a7y14siu7fpvpf

Great! As usual!

Always look forward to your releases, Outsider!

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^