The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks! and i look fwd to seeing what you do to falcon  :sunfire: :sunfire: :sunfire:

Quote from: Outsider on April 18, 2019, 07:40PM

Hey Outsider how's it going? sorry to take this long to reply back, the idiot who was supossed to fix my laptop ended up making a mistake. He did fix it allright... but ended up formating and instaliing w10. Man, my girl almost kill that poor bastard when she heard that the photos and stuff where wiped out. Good thing is I always have everything backed up, she just didn't know about it.

"My bad it took me awhile to answer these. Good to see that you and your kids are enjoying my mods. Comments like this are what makes it all worthwhile -- escaping from a crazy world by enjoying a classic video game with nearly unlimited DLC that is free! Nothing better than that.

Hmm... I once played MUA with an external monitor because my laptop screen light blew. The external monitor had no problems for me, so I don't know why your game is crashing. I wish I could provide some solutions but I'm not really the tech wizard in my family -- that's my brother."

It was really surprising that it wasn't working, but oh well, the problem now is finding that old MUA cd to reinstall the game.

"If you're changing characters that are already on your herostat (character select screen), then all characters will level up right along with Spider-Man. However, you can't change the herostat mid-game as it will cause problems. Whenever adding someone new who isn't in your game, it's best to start a new game to avoid problems."

I figured as much. Curious thing, when I used to play, I changed chars a lot, as in everytime I arrived to a save point. i ended changing the whole rooster except for Wolverine who I always kept it as my "never change" character (maybe that helped somehow, so the game didn't give problems?)

"Yeah, sorry about not taking requests -- it's due to the number of mod I've done already and I still can't believe how high that number is. The goal is to reach the milestone of 200 mods, and then I'm done. I've already decided who I'm creating, so I can't take any requests. You can make your requests known at the Big Mod Request Thread (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4082.0.html). Maybe some modder will notice it and it may interest him/her."

Nah no worries, just asking.

By the way, I may have to get the new version of MUA. I honestly haven't searched much about it, but I think I remember reading once how it could not be moded or something. What do you recomend? Are mods working now with the new version?

Thanks again for your work man, you're going to be missed around here when the time comes.
And thanks for any help you can provide me.

Quote from: dwoga on May 30, 2019, 10:13PM
Hey Outsider how's it going? sorry to take this long to reply back, the idiot who was supossed to fix my laptop ended up making a mistake. He did fix it allright... but ended up formating and instaliing w10. Man, my girl almost kill that poor bastard when she heard that the photos and stuff where wiped out. Good thing is I always have everything backed up, she just didn't know about it.

Yes, always have everything backed up. Always.

Quote from: dwoga on May 30, 2019, 10:13PM
By the way, I may have to get the new version of MUA. I honestly haven't searched much about it, but I think I remember reading once how it could not be moded or something. What do you recomend? Are mods working now with the new version?

Thanks again for your work man, you're going to be missed around here when the time comes.
And thanks for any help you can provide me.

Oh, you don't want to do that. Many (if not all) mods don't work with the so-called "remastered" 2016 version. Try looking in eBay for the original.

Thanks for the quick reply!
And yes, I'm going to look for the old version, less headaches.
I do have a friend whose kids also got into MUA recently (thanks to the Avengers) and my kids told them about the mods. My friend is totally clueless with the moddig scene, and he got the 2016 version (his face when I told him that version is to hard to mod).
He did do some research and told me it seems he can try usin xmlbcui to switch characters, I don't have any idea.
Since you have been kind enough to answer me, let my ask you one last thing, using that program can he change characters at least?
I may help him a little bit, though I already warned him that even if it works, most likely not all chars mods are going to work.
Anyway thanks for your input.
Oh by the way, I saw you made some agents of shield characters (awesome!) did you ever made Ward? (I don't know if I got the name right, the guy who at the end of season 1 it turns out to be with Hydra)

Everyone, as part of my fixing up the talents files of my older mods, the following mods have been updated:
Aspen Matthews
Captain Universe
The Darkness
:moonstar: Danielle Moonstar
Kurse
Meggan
Night Thrasher
Satana
Sersi
:spidergirl: Spider-Girls Collection (Spider-Gwen, Silk, Mary Jane, Spider-Girl)
Spiral
Star-Lord

By now, you've all seen that I've been updating the data files of my older mods. For the record, you don't have to install all of these mods again in their entirety -- just the data folder, as nothing else has changed. These updates make sure the power requirements, boost durations, damage output, etc. are correct. As a result, a lot of powers are lot more damaging now. So, don't forget to download these updates, along with the others I've done thus far.

For those wondering why a few were skipped -- it's because some require more attention than just a data fix. Some new skins were created for some, others got new mannequins, etc. I'll get to those when I can. I think I'll update all mods and boosters up to the Outsider's Last Call. Any mods that were created after that are probably fine and don't require my attention. This is also why I haven't worked on anything new as of yet.

That said, I STILL have a lot more updating of older mods and boosters to do, so these are only some of them. Download these important updates ASAP.

Quote from: dwoga on May 31, 2019, 07:43PM
Since you have been kind enough to answer me, let my ask you one last thing, using that program can he change characters at least?

I'm not sure, to be honest. You can always try and see.

Quote from: dwoga on May 31, 2019, 07:43PM
Oh by the way, I saw you made some agents of shield characters (awesome!) did you ever made Ward? (I don't know if I got the name right, the guy who at the end of season 1 it turns out to be with Hydra)

You're referring to Grant Ward. No, he wasn't created because he was really a double-agent for HYDRA and eventually he was killed. I just created the regular cast - minus Coulson, who is currently on hold. If you look at the SHIELD profiles I've included, you'll see bios for every MCU character that worked for SHIELD that you can currently play as in MUA (except for Coulson).

Everyone, Agent Venom and the Wendigo have been updated. The former has a voice file done by Stickbro, and the latter has a newer skin & mannequin done by Aventureiromax. Download them as soon as you get a chance to.

I'm still in the process of updating my older mods. As of now, I have updated sixty of my older mods. I know I also have to do that for my boosters as well... jeez, this is a lot, but better now than later when I won't feel like it.

Thank you always for your incredible hard work, Outsider! :)

Everyone, in addition to Agent Venom and the Wendigo mentioned in the previous post, Black Knight, Falcon, Rescue, Captain Planet and the Kingpin have been updated. Download them quick, as these updates fixed more than just the talents file.

Quote from: TheMK on June 02, 2019, 06:17AM
Thank you always for your incredible hard work, Outsider! :)

It is indeed hard work, but necessary to ensure quality. Still so much more to go though...

Everyone, in addition to the previous posts, now Red Skull and Heimdall have been updated, adjusting their data files and finally getting around to adding Julio Cabral's MCU stuff to them -- while personally making sure that the skins were properly hex-edited.

Outsider's Note: Too bad you can't play as Red Skull in his Soul Stone Guardian attire from Avengers Endgame with the black smoke around him. That would have been cool.

Basically, you'll want to pay extra close attention to The Crypt for a good while, as I am updating a LOT of my mods --mostly the older ones. You don't want to miss any important updates, so scroll to previous pages if you have to.

More to come...

Hey Outsider, just wanted to say I absolutely love your Stan Lee mod. Fantastic tribute to the wonderful guy who gave us so many of these characters.

I actually combined your skin with the 2 from Julio Cabral for 3 costumes, and renamed the character to "One Above All" through Herostat because that's how I always saw Stan, as the God of Marvel.

Quote from: Tony Stark on June 03, 2019, 07:59PM
Hey Outsider, just wanted to say I absolutely love your Stan Lee mod. Fantastic tribute to the wonderful guy who gave us so many of these characters.

I actually combined your skin with the 2 from Julio Cabral for 3 costumes, and renamed the character to "One Above All" through Herostat because that's how I always saw Stan, as the God of Marvel.

I appreciate that. And yes, he was a legend who inspired me greatly. He was certainly god-like to comics in the same way that Michael Jackson was to music, and Michael Jordan was to basketball. Certain people don't just elevate the game -- they practically are the game. Creating Stan's voice file was probably the most fun. I wanted his "cameo" in MUA to be awesome, so thanks for the compliment.

Everyone, as part of my fixing up the talents files of my older mods, the following mods have been updated:
A-Bomb
Boom-Boom
Catwoman
Darkhawk
M
Mockingbird
:sstar: Shatterstar
Taskmaster

Remember, you only have to just download the data folder for each, as nothing else has changed. The updates I've done so far have been numerous, so if you think you've missed any of them, go back a few pages in The Crypt.

I STILL have a lot more updating of older mods and boosters to do, so these are only some of them. Download these important updates ASAP.

I will try to work on a new project soon, but I would rather take care of updating a lot of these older mods and boosters first. Stay tuned...

Do I still need to update Mockingbird since I'm using Julio's booster?

Black Canary
:carnage: Carnage
Cyber
Dormammu
Dr. Voodoo
Morph
Nebula
:sauron: Sauron
Siryn

In the case of Dormammu and Nebula, I've added and hex-edited Anderson's newest skins, and their talents file were updated. Both herostats are updated as well.

I STILL have a lot more updating of older mods and boosters to do, so these are only some of them. Download these important updates ASAP.

Quote from: Jaybird on June 09, 2019, 07:20AM
Do I still need to update Mockingbird since I'm using Julio's booster?

Probably not, as I think that booster uses a different talents file.

Quote from: Outsider on June 09, 2019, 06:44PM
Black Canary
:carnage: Carnage
Cyber
Dormammu
Dr. Voodoo
Morph
Nebula
:sauron: Sauron
Siryn

Are you updating ALL mods? If not, then will you have a list of all of the ones you've updated?

Also, are the mods in the crypt listed in any particular order? If you want, I can help you alphabetize them...

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^