The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all just had a quick question about the Pixie Mod if anyone happens to know, but does she happen to use a soul dagger with her soul dagger ability? Right now the animation works but I don't see any weapon come out so not sure if I have a bolton issue or not, thanks if anyone can help.

Yes I did! And it still didn't work. I also tried using hulk separated and still nothing, so I don't know...

Just to repost for those who didn't see (because it's on the previous page):

Those of you who downloaded Dante, just re-download him as I've added some new stuff to him. He now has added powers based on each of his four fighting styles, and can perform an air dash by pressing jump 3X. Check him out.

Also, on a bit of unfortunate news, I am forced to cancel my Cable and Namor booster plans. I only have room for one more booster, and there is a mod out there that needs it more than those two. You'll find out who it is soon enough. Plus I kinda did do some stuff with Namor already via my Deep Six Booster.

It has come to my attention that if I count the work I did on Malice, Moondragon, and the still-upcoming Phil Coulson, that I will reach more than 250 projects total. (Man, it never ends, does it...) So now I will aim for 256 instead. That won't be much more projects because I'm counting the aforementioned ones, and there are a couple of mods that I've done exclusively for myself, but may decide to share them with you all. I'll have to see what my plans will be. Stay tuned.

Quote from: Bingerz on January 07, 2020, 08:29AM
Hey all just had a quick question about the Pixie Mod if anyone happens to know, but does she happen to use a soul dagger with her soul dagger ability? Right now the animation works but I don't see any weapon come out so not sure if I have a bolton issue or not, thanks if anyone can help.

Pixie uses Blink's Javelin as her souldagger. It would appear that the javelin model is not in Pixie's package, as at the time, people had Blink's mod. Re-download her now, as I've added that bolton.

Quote from: IOwnALego111 on January 07, 2020, 08:54AM
Yes I did! And it still didn't work. I also tried using hulk separated and still nothing, so I don't know...

I am uncertain what is causing that problem. He works fine in my game. I'll look into it.

Quote from: VunderGuy on December 15, 2019, 11:31AM
I'm having issues with the Martian Manhunter Mod. The mod is great and is really awesome and stuff, it's just... I'm having trouble shapeshifting with my 360 controller. What exactly are the button prompts for it, because I literally can only shape shift into the LB character and the Hold characters. Is it an energy thing? Do I just not have the energy to transform into anyone else?

Sorry I didn't address this sooner. It appears that you and Scottsum have a problem connected to the X360 controller per se. As with my other shape-shifter mods, Martian Manhunter works where you press a button (light punch, heavy punch, action/use, jump, block, hold) right after you activate it. If you can press those buttons normally with no problem, then there's no reason why it isn't working -- it uses the same exact commands. Energy-wise, they all have the same energy level required.

Oh wow thank you for going through all that trouble for me with pixie, that's such an awesome solution you are so kind!

Aww that sucks for Namor and Cable but your hands are full not whining at all.  :bawling:

Awesome. 250. Just by you. When you think about it. I stick to Marvel characters with mods, after all they are the reason I started to play the game. But even then, when I first started to explore this site, I wished that more of my favourite characters would be done. Look where we are now!

And the fun doesn't stop with one of the most active modders coming to a conclusion. With all the amazing guides here we can continue and create the mods we want. Like Diamondback, or Cable booster...

Another thing: I keep trying those broken mediafire links of which one is your Mantis mod, Outsider. After all this months not being repaired, it got me thinking: If reuploading doesn't work
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on November 27, 2019, 11:12PM
Unfortunately, my archived copy link is broken too Outsider (as for whatever reason, file download links stupidly remain the same despite being uploaded to different Mediafire accounts).
maybe they don't host new files with the same name and size. I noticed that once with one of my duplicate files when it had a old date. Might it help to alter the content and file name (or even just the name) and upload again?

I kind of give up hope on that it will be fixed
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on December 02, 2019, 03:10PM
[...]Mediafire support saying that its currently hosted on a server which is undergoing maintenance. They didn't specify when it'll be made available again, but greatly apologize for the inconvenience regardless. So I suppose its left to the hands of fate now for when it'll be fixed :/
Maybe we don't have to leave it in the hands of fate?

Quote from: ak2yny on December 03, 2019, 10:32PM
I've encountered three mediafire links that are down and have stayed down for a long time. It's hard to believe that this is because of server maintenance. But then it's very likely to be a server issue and we can hope that this is going to be resolved.
Is it a bigger server issue? I hope you can work around that. Btw. one of the three links worked again after about three weeks or so (don't know exactly what time it started to be broken), and the other one has been replaced the way I suggested.

Everyone, the following mods have been updated:

Rescue: Added Pepper Potts skin by Julio Cabral. (On the herostat, I called it "Invisible Armor." :laugh:)
Morbius: Added voice file by Stickbro.
Magneto booster: Added features from MUALover's booster, so you only need my booster.

Plus, due to Mediafire's negligence of the Mantis situation, I grew impatient and decided to turn the mod into a 7z file, and made a new link.

I have to find time to make more updates when I get a chance, but I have so much I'm doing that it's hard to keep up. Stay tuned...

Quote from: ak2yny on January 07, 2020, 10:47PM
Awesome. 250. Just by you. When you think about it. I stick to Marvel characters with mods, after all they are the reason I started to play the game. But even then, when I first started to explore this site, I wished that more of my favourite characters would be done. Look where we are now!

And the fun doesn't stop with one of the most active modders coming to a conclusion. With all the amazing guides here we can continue and create the mods we want. Like Diamondback, or Cable booster...

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy modding, and seeing the reactions of people enjoying my work is why I do it to this day. I may be winding down now, but believe me, there is still more to come.

Quote from: ak2yny on January 07, 2020, 10:47PM
Another thing: I keep trying those broken mediafire links of which one is your Mantis mod, Outsider. After all this months not being repaired, it got me thinking: If reuploading doesn't workmaybe they don't host new files with the same name and size. I noticed that once with one of my duplicate files when it had a old date. Might it help to alter the content and file name (or even just the name) and upload again?

I kind of give up hope on that it will be fixed

Dude... you gotta have more faith in the modder from the darkest realm! :king: The news above will interest you.

Thanks for re-uploading the Mantis mod Outsider. I decided to just delete my original archive copy and use your current download instead as a replacement (as I've lost my patience as well waiting for Mediafire support to get off their lazy butts and resolve the problematic download link of the original mod files). So while it may be ultimately a waste of time on their end now in my case, it didn't have to be if they hadn't insisted on making things as arduous and drawn-out as possible.

To be on the safe side, I've backed it up also onto a USB stick in case problems somehow arise again (as at least then, I can still send Mantis's files to other users via Discord due to its small size). Needless to say, I am never going to Mediafire's support team for inquiries again after this whole mess.

Thank you for the updates. The good news never stop coming on this thread...

Quote from: Outsider on January 08, 2020, 12:43AM
Dude... you gotta have more faith in the modder from the darkest realm! :king: The news above will interest you.
True, true. I actually meant that mediafire won't fix it.
Quote from: Outsider on January 08, 2020, 12:43AM
[...]I grew impatient [...]
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on January 08, 2020, 01:48AM
[...]as I've lost my patience as well waiting for Mediafire support to get off their lazy butts[...]
Seems like I'm not the only one...

January 08, 2020, 11:29PM #2154 Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:19PM by Outsider
JOSEPH

So, you may not know this, but there are just a couple of mods that I created just for myself -- not to be shared with the public. For example, mods of me and my girlfriend. However, there is another that I decided to share, since it's nothing too extraordinary: Introducing the good-guy clone of :magneto: Magneto who became an X-Man in his own right, Joseph. Since I've boosted Magneto to near god-like power (as he should be), that left the unedited moveset alone. So I thought to just recreate the unedited Magneto as Joseph, who actually does exist in the comics. Enjoy.

UPDATE: Now has a mannequin.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme. Ability of Flight.
-4 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #53 (will clash with Spider-Girl in one loading screen).

MOVESET:
I'll spare you this -- he is basically the unedited Magneto. For this reason, you should get my Magneto booster (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8753.msg167605#msg167605) so that the two do not have the same moveset or skins. It would differentiate them both. For example, Magneto wears the Marvel Heroes Black outfit while Joseph wears the white one. Both can be played as on the same team without problems.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation, loading screen, hex-editing etc.
Blaw - Classic skin
Andersonbrazil - Marvel Heroes White skin
Maegawa - Xorn skin
UltraMegaMagnus - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ok8b540td363cxf

Hmm... so I've recently released Dante, Joseph, and made improvements for Rescue, Morbius, and that all-important :magneto: Magneto booster. What's next, you ask?

Remember when I said that there was someone who needed a booster more than Cable? Well, that someone is who I'm working on next -- :marvelg: Marvel Girl. C'mon, she plays almost completely like :phoenix: Jean Grey!!! Rachel needs a serious fix. And thanks to UltraMegaMagnus converting her Marvel Future Fight skin, Rachel will look like a damn-near completely different mod when I'm through with her. Stay tuned...

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on January 09, 2020, 06:01AM
Hey, clone mods are always fun too!

Indeed they are. If a moveset has been completely changed, why waste the unedited one? Seems perfect for a clone to take. Another X-Man created.

January 11, 2020, 07:24AM #2157 Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 06:41AM by Outsider
GREEN LANTERN (Booster)

If you're new to Marvel Mods, then you may not have seen my Outsider's Fix number change system. Well, there was a little gem that was put in there... a small booster for Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern. However, I decided to just release that booster from 2016 on its own, so it's easier to find. It's a small but necessary booster that helps the mod to play better. Check it out, in brightest day or in blackest night.

UPDATE: Fixed some talent values for easier use.

FEATURES:
- Added new sound & voice files using his voice from Injustice: Gods Among Us. Now you can hear him. Now uses "glant_m" instead of "glantern_m."
- His green aura is now permanent.
- He can now block from the idle position. Originally, he couldn't block.
- He now says his entire oath during his kick-ass xtreme, instead of being cut off.
- He is invincible during his xtreme.
- New loading screen for John Stewart's version.
- Fixed herostat to to coincide changes.

NOTE:
After uploading this booster to your game, you can go and delete "glantern_m" and "glantern_v" from the sounds section of your game, as you won't need them anymore.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Coding fixes, sounds, loading screen

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ddgre71y54mgzr7

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on January 11, 2020, 07:55AM
That's awesome!

Thanks. I thought so as well. Originally, Hal Jordan said during his xtreme, "In brightest day, in bl..." and it ended there. That's just not right lol.