The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
SILVER SURFER (Booster)

Let's face it -- out of all the vanilla characters, Norrin Radd, the :silvers: Silver Surfer is the most complete and really doesn't need much improvement at all. However, to keep up with the current mods, and because he is legitimately one of the most powerful heroes ever created (so much that he is one of the few that can beat Superman), I thought it best to enhance the sentinel of the spaceways even further. Check it out and unleash the might of the Power Cosmic.

FEATURES:
-Added "Cosmic Resistance" ability, giving him enemy sensing, 30% resistance to damage, and immunity to some status aliments.
-Moves slightly faster and is invincible while surfing. Added cool effect to his surfing.
-Grab Smash now upgradeable through "Cosmic Beam."
-Increased damage output in "Silver Dash" and "Power Surge."
-Added awesome effect to "Silver Dash" that originated from his NPC version.
-Renamed "Slow Time" as "Chrono Trigger" and renamed "Heal" as "Astral Healing."
-Increased radius of his "Galactic Might" xtreme.
-Added two loading screens, replacing his default one that shares with Galactus.
-Edited herostat to reflect changes.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Booster creation and coding, loading screens, effects, etc.

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?sflgfo9frhki2yc

Very nice!

I always thought Silver Surfer was really cool. I remember his first solo series written by Stan Lee being particularly good. Wandering philosopher characters always really interested me.

Hope everyone is enjoying the :silvers: Silver Surfer booster. The booster for :cable2: Cable will be next. After that, I have the final secret mod to do, then I move to Mortal Kombat to complete the final three mods over there. I'm booked for quite a while, but you'll dig the results. Stay tuned...

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on January 28, 2020, 05:41AM
Sweet! It's nice to see him get an upgrade
Quote from: TheMK on January 28, 2020, 10:41AM
Very nice!

I always thought Silver Surfer was really cool. I remember his first solo series written by Stan Lee being particularly good. Wandering philosopher characters always really interested me.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, Silver Surfer is a very cool character -- one of the best that the late great Jack Kirby ever created. Hope he gets an MCU movie somewhere down the road. Plenty of galactic villains he can face other than Thanos, Nebula, and Galactus.

Quote from: Outsider on January 28, 2020, 11:08PM
Hope everyone is enjoying the :silvers: Silver Surfer booster. The booster for :cable2: Cable will be next. After that, I have the final secret mod to do, then I move to Mortal Kombat to complete the final three mods over there. I'm booked for quite a while, but you'll dig the results. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the comments. Yes, Silver Surfer is a very cool character -- one of the best that the late great Jack Kirby ever created. Hope he gets an MCU movie somewhere down the road. Plenty of galactic villains he can face other than Thanos, Nebula, and Galactus.

Yes!!! I've been eagerly awaiting for More Kombat in MUA!!!

I absolutely agree about Silver Surfer's MCU potential. Personally, I've never been that interested in the Fantastic Four, but I've found their side characters (Alicia Masters, Silver Surfer) and villains (Doctor Doom, Galactus) to be absolutely fascinating. That being said, I feel like the Fantastic Four are going to be perfect for the MCU. The way they seem to do their movies looks like a natural fit for making the most of their potential. Here's hoping it does indeed lead to a Silver Surfer solo spinoff film!

February 08, 2020, 01:05PM #2180 Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:41AM by Outsider
CABLE (Booster)

Tired of your basic cable package? Need a better experience? Well then, The Outsider has got a deal for you! Call today to upgrade Nathan Dayspring Summers to premium :cable2: Cable absolutely FREE!!!* That's right! You'll get access to more channels (powers, boosts) all in stunning high definition (skins, effects) for 100% off!!! What a deal!!! Don't wait -- operators are standing by. Skip your basic Cable and upgrade to the premium Cable package of the future today!!!

*Offer only valid on planet Earth. Kree, Skrull, and Shi'ar currency not accepted. You must download Blizz's Cable mod before upgrading to premium Cable. The Outsider is not responsible for game glitches. Galactic restrictions apply. See the Read It file for details.

FEATURES:
-Overhauled his moveset and some animations for a new experience. Now has a full 10-power moveset.
-Grab smash now upgradeable through "Psimitar Strike."
-Features Anderson's newest skins.
-Altered his eye effect to match the new skins.
-Changed mannequin to his more impressive MUA2 skin. Added two more mannequin variants.
-Changed some effects and added more sounds to match new powers.
-Added new loading screen to replace current one.
-Edited herostat to reflect changes.

NEW MOVESET
1. Psimitar Strike: Unleashes a 4-hit combo attack with his psionic Aksani weapon.
2. Pistol Fire: Shoots at enemies with one of his two futuristic pistols.
3. Alpha Rifle: Sets his plasma rifle to riot mode, and fires, nullifying enemy powers.
4. Plasma Grenades: Throws four grenades that will violently explode in seconds.
5. Omega Rifle: Sets his plasma rifle to lethal mode, and fires with a critical chance if enemy is stunned.
6. Telekinesis: Fights off the techno-organic virus to throw enemies or objects with high damage impact.
7. (Special) Bodyslide: Uses his computer device to teleport himself and one ally, causing damage at the end.
8. (Boost) Tactical Defense: Uses his combat knowledge from the future to increase team defense.
9. (Boost) Back To The Future: Gains higher attack & power damage as he was created to battle Apocalypse.
10. (Xtreme) Psychic Slam: Ignores the techno-organic virus briefly to unleash a massive telekinetic blast.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Booster creation and coding, icons, loading screen, sounds, effects, hex-editing, etc.
Blizz - Original Cable mod
Andersonbrazil - Skins, rifle boltons
Aventureiromax - Pistol boltons
UltraMegaMagnus & Julio Cabral - Mannequin
ak2yny - Pistol effects fix, icons detail

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?6zocy4jb9p7752q

Best Cable package ever, even comes with the big gun and the psychic channels!

Any one else think MUA 2 Cable looks like the guy from the Americans?

I wanted to make another X-Men oriented roster since 50 roster mod came out. I saw you mentioning a Cable booster in your latest post and decided to wait for it before I make my final roster. You have no idea how excited I was for this booster. It's totally amazing, thank you!

:jumping: this is amazing love the new stuff especially Cable, I wish there was a way to show how much joy it gives me seeing all your projects. :thumbsup2:

Hey everyone. I can't announce my next project just yet, but it's connected to Black History Month. However, my moving plans were on hold until near the end of this month, as my new apartment will be in March. Plus, I learned that I have to get a root canal -- not fun. So I am unsure if I can finish this character before I have to move everything. I will resume my modding projects once I am settled in the new place. Stay tuned...

Quote from: TheMK on February 08, 2020, 01:06PM
Nice work, Outsider!
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on February 08, 2020, 02:38PM
Beautiful!
Quote from: psxrex on February 08, 2020, 04:27PM
Best Cable package ever, even comes with the big gun and the psychic channels!
Quote from: 12emre12 on February 09, 2020, 01:30AM
I wanted to make another X-Men oriented roster since 50 roster mod came out. I saw you mentioning a Cable booster in your latest post and decided to wait for it before I make my final roster. You have no idea how excited I was for this booster. It's totally amazing, thank you!
Quote from: edward on February 10, 2020, 06:07PM
:jumping: this is amazing love the new stuff especially Cable, I wish there was a way to show how much joy it gives me seeing all your projects. :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the comments, everyone. They are greatly appreciated, as I wanted to make sure to do Cable justice, since many people said he was in need of a booster. If Namor gets further worked on, it'll be an update of my Deep Six booster. But I'd rather not work on him until someone converts his skins from Future Fight. His current in-game skin is an eyesore.

Oh, no! Sorry to hear it, Outsider :( I hope everything goes as well as it can for you!

Congratulations on the Cable booster. It rocks!

Unfortunately I'm going to report some minor issues. I assume I'm not the only one seeing these... I installed the booster on a modded game, so the bugs might be related to other files. I installed the cable mod V. 1.2 beforehand.
So these are the reports:
- Effect on popup shoots in one direction only. So, let's say you face north and use the popup combo, the bullet goes west (can't remember which way it goes) right after it comes out of the gun. I believe this was a bug in the original mod too.
- Effect on power 2 (pistol) has a second effect that looks exactly like the one on the gun but is on the floor. I don't know if this was intended to be this way, but it looks like a bug to me.
- smash is not chargeable... it usually is on other heroes.
- It feels odd that you can't press and hold the power 2 (pistol), as it's a rapid fire pistol.
- If that is to be changed, the alpha rifle power, which is exaclty the way I wish power 2 worked, should be changed to chargeable to add diversity, and because there is no chargeable power in this booster yet.
- There's no eye effect in the selection stage. Maybe this is intended to be that way. I believe this can easily be added by editing the herostat.

Quote from: Fr3ddy on February 11, 2020, 05:38PM
Havok needs booster  :bowdown1: . His power styles and effects like Marvel Heroes and MUA2.

Yeah, I agree. I always thought that his effects are lame (both mod versions). They should look like in MUA2. Just how are you gonna make them. I have no Idea how to create something like this (shockwaves). I don't suppose that you can copy effects from MUA2...

Edit:
One more thing I noticed and thought I'd let you know: Whatever skin you define in clea's herostat as her primary outfit (the one with the complete number) will be her npc skin. My guess is that the name clashes with the npc. Could her name be changed to clea_hero or something?