The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 06, 2020, 09:50PM #2325 Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:24AM by Outsider
M.O.D.O.K.

Go on, admit it... you NEVER saw this coming. Neither did I, but he's here. Here comes a mod of George Tarleton, the superhumanly intelligent but abnormally-framed leader of A.I.M. known as M.O.D.O.K. That's right, folks -- the "Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing" is now playable. Granted, he may feel strange to play as than others, but he's decent. I'm certain you're smart enough to check him out.

UPDATE: Added three more hex-edited skins & package files. Fixed issue where he doesn't follow allies. Herostat changed.

FEATURES:
-4 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Flight and Resistance (too much to list).
-1 hex-edited skin, HUD, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Also uses his in-game skin, HUD, & loading screen.
-Uses official number #65 (shares with Rocket Raccoon -- will clash at mannequin).

NOTES:
-Please note that because of MODOK's creation, Paradox has been moved to a different number -- #93.
-Read the "Special Notes" inside to for notes on how he plays.

MOVESET:
1. Bionic Headbutt: Hits an enemy hard with his enlarged head, causing knockback.
2. Doomsday Blast: Releases an electric blast from his hover chair.
3. Psionic Laser: Fires a powerful beam from his mind's mental energy.
4. Missile Mayhem: Fires a stream of exploding missiles at enemies.
5. (Boost) Supreme Intellect: Team gains max energy and will show enemies on the mini-map.
6. (Boost) Taking A.I.M: Converts nearby enemies into AIM troopers to attack enemies.
7. (Xtreme) Enthropy Device: Uses a special device to immobilize enemies, then asks a question. They will be shocked horribly if they get it wrong.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, Modern HUD, icons, sounds, mannequin, etc.
Andersonbrazil - All converted skins

BUG:
Currently, MODOK will follow allies along the stage. However, he's still too large to go through doors. If you advance further, he will again appear nearby.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ar9e5r1xiorueoz

Everyone, those of you who downloaded M.O.D.O.K., please do so once more as I forgot to include his flying, which was really important. Plus he now has a second outfit as I also forgot that Andersonbrazil did a skin of him a long while back.

And for those of you who have Paradox, please know that because of MODOK's creation, Paradox has been moved to a different mod number -- #93 (sharing with Star-Lord.) So, download him once more and check the "Special Note" as it will tell you what to get rid of from your game.

Oh, and just as a reminder, I am unable to take mod or booster requests due to my highly busy schedule. I hope you understand.

Stay tuned to The Crypt, as I still have more to come.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on November 08, 2020, 11:12AM
No one saw this coming! This is awesome!

Much appreciated, BW.

M.O.D.O.K.!!  This is enough to make me currently stop playing XML2 and pick up MUA1 again this weekend!  I LOOOOOOVE M.O.D.O.K.

Everyone, the Agents of SHIELD collection has been updated, as the turncoat double-agent of HYDRA, Grant Ward has arrived! I've also added SHIELD profiles for both Grant Ward and Ceamonks' mod of Dum Dum Dugan. Check it out here: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg194752.html#msg194752

It's funny that just when I think about calling it a modding career, there's always someone else I want to see made into this game. And a lot of times I feel like if I don't do it, it's not gonna get done. Granted, I can't do everyone I wish to see made, but still... So, I'm trying not to think of some endgame number. I'm just going to keep releasing the characters I want to see made, and then just end it when I'm ready to. I still plan to retire, but it will likely take longer than expected. Stay tuned, as more await inside The Crypt!

Quote from: Ninja Kyden on November 20, 2020, 04:23PM
M.O.D.O.K.!!  This is enough to make me currently stop playing XML2 and pick up MUA1 again this weekend!  I LOOOOOOVE M.O.D.O.K.

I appreciate that. Yes, M.O.D.O.K. was a challenge, but y'all know me -- I like a challenge.

Very cool! :)

I apologize for sounding selfish, but I can't help but get excited whenever you say you're going to end up modding more than you originally planned! Each of your mods are an absolute winner, and it's always impressive to see whatever you end up doing next!

Hey Outsider, any chance you'll one day make a Kratos mod of his look from God of war 1-3?

Couldn't help but think about him when I saw all of your mortal kombat characters. Forgot how much fun Kratos was in MK9 for the PS3.

I have been hard at work and very busy between real life stuff, creating these voice files for the Mortal Kombat warriors, and other modding projects, so bare with me for awhile. In the meantime, another mod is coming very soon. Here are some hints:

1. The character is female.
2. She is from the Marvel Universe.
3. She has a romantic history with Nightcrawler of the X-Men/Excalibur.
4. She has been seen in the MCU.

Quote from: brownie23 on November 26, 2020, 03:02AM
Hey Outsider, any chance you'll one day make a Kratos mod of his look from God of war 1-3?

Couldn't help but think about him when I saw all of your mortal kombat characters. Forgot how much fun Kratos was in MK9 for the PS3.

Sorry, Kratos is not on my list, and I am unable to take requests. Earlier in the year, I conducted a 32 Character Mod Tournament where the winner would be modded by me. Kratos was in that, but he got eliminated in the second round.

NIGHT NURSE

So, I'm pretty sure no one expected this one. This is a mod of the Night Nurse. For those of you who don't know who she is, a small group of women started off as student nurses but later became exclusively treating the medical needs of only super heroes. Linda Carter -- the original one, runs a secret medical clinic for super heroes and doesn't charge anything. Started off blonde, but later turned her hair jet black; Claire Temple is a doctor played by Rosario Dawson in the Defenders series on Netflix; And, then there's Christine Palmer who we've seen in the MCU played by Rachel McAdams, and has romantic history with :nightcrawler2: Nightcrawler. This mod is mainly based on Palmer. (There was also Georgia Jenkins, but by comparison, she didn't do all that much.)

Anyway, enough with the history. She may not have much in the way of combat attacks, but with the amount of healing boosts that she has at her arsenal, you'll want her on your team. Check her out. This mod is dedicated to the real-life doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers who are taking care of those hospitalized during this damn COVID-19 pandemic. God bless them.

FEATURES:
-2 powers, 6 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Nullify Immunity (her "powers" cannot be nullified because she doesn't have powers).
-1 hex-edited skin, 4 HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequin and sound file.
-Uses assigned number #192 (shares with Jubilee, will clash on mannequin.)

NEEDS:
-Skins of Claire Temple and Linda Carter (both brunette & blonde hair). The blonde one can be her costume from Marvel Strike Force.
-Voice file, as I couldn't think of one for her. Any of Rachel McAdams is preferable.
-Perhaps a better mannequin, as the one I did is slightly flawed.

MOVESET:
1. Self-Defense: Fires a syringe containing dendrotoxin that slows down enemies for a decent time. Also upgrades grab smash.
2. Vital Signs: Fires a syringe containing an anti-villain sedative that nullifies powers, and weakens defense for a short time.
3. (Boost) Healing Vitamins: Restores a portion of her health instantly.
4. (Boost) Fitness Regimen: Promotes heroes to exercise, gaining small health per kill and momentum.
5. (Boost) Cerebral Serum: Powers cost no energy for a very short time.
6. (Boost) Antivenom: Removes harmful status aliments from herself and allies, and gain immunities for a time.
7. (Boost) First Aid: Gradually restores health for herself and allies for a time.
8. (Boost) EKG: Resuscitates all fallen heroes, except those who die from heights.
9. (Xtreme) Emergency Care: Restores herself & allies to 100% health while shooting multiple syringes at enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, skin texture, HUDs, loading screen, icons, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor, etc.
UltraMegaMagnus - Pepper Potts skin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?ys40drnxp6vwkol

Wow, very cool mod!

I always liked the idea of Night Nurse a lot, and I really love Claire Temple in the MCU. It's so interesting to see some of the more "human" elements of the Marvel Universe in things like this character and Damage Control. Very nice addition to MUA!

Everyone, the following characters have been updated, as I got rid of the stiff movements in some mods. If you have them, update ASAP!

Smoke: Movements have been fixed during his Vapor Trail boost.
Snowbird: Movements have been fixed during her flying as a bird, and during her Hunting Wolf power.
Spiral: Movements have been fixed during her Ratings Spike (Invisibility) boost.
Sub-Zero booster: Fixed an error in his herostat.

I am still working on the voice files for all of the Mortal Kombat warriors, so please be patient.

Quote from: TheMK on December 03, 2020, 08:21PM
Wow, very cool mod!

I always liked the idea of Night Nurse a lot, and I really love Claire Temple in the MCU. It's so interesting to see some of the more "human" elements of the Marvel Universe in things like this character and Damage Control. Very nice addition to MUA!

Good to hear that. I know some may not want to play as her, but she's the ultimate support character, so having her in makes your team far more likely to survive.

ATTENTION:
Those of you who have Secret Mod 1... that character has been updated. It originally had an unforeseen clash with another of my mods, and it has now been fixed. The character's talents file, powerstyle file, and herostat have been changed. Also, the password to it has been changed and made easier, as a lot of people were confused by the previous answer.

I haven't been able to work on any new mods as of late due to this MK Voices project, but I still have some planned. (Sorry, no requests.) Some of these characters you are going to be shocked to see... Stay tuned to The Crypt.

December 30, 2020, 10:27PM #2338 Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 10:46PM by Outsider

X-MEN ARCADE - RETRO COLLECTION

Wow... 2020 has been a very unusual year, to say the least. But, it's New Year's Eve and we've seen signs of hope on the horizon. Now before we go forward, let's take a little trip back in time -- to the year 1992. Arguably the greatest of times when video games were simple but fun as hell! And the 1992 classic X-Men arcade game published by Konami was one of my all-time favorite arcade games (alongside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mortal Kombat, and the Simpsons.) Well, now you can experience that game all over again, but this time in MUA!!!

Here is a collection of seven retro mods created to replicate the moves, outfits, music, and sounds from that game! While they don't have large movesets, they make up for in physical attributes. And it's not just the six playable X-Men... the main antagonist known as Magneto was made as well, with his classic broken English lines, such as "Welcome to die!" and "You are dead! Hahahaha!!!" You'll have a lot of fun playing as these retro mods, as it takes your mind back to a simpler time. Enjoy.

Click on the picture above to hear a cool remix of "Here Come The Heroes" made by MagicmusicX. This is to get you in the mood for playing as them.

UPDATE: (Wolverine) Added back newer animations, revamped skin, now heals faster. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-7 playable retro mods of :cyclops: Cyclops, :colossus: Colossus, :wolverine: Wolverine, :storm: Storm, :nightcrawler2: Nightcrawler, :dazzler: Dazzler, and :magneto: Magneto from the X-Men Arcade game.
-Each has only two powers, a boost, and an Xtreme. But, the retro mods have higher attributes on their herostats as a trade-off. Most powers were unchanged.
-All use hex-edited skins of their classic outfits worn in the arcade game.
-All use sounds from the arcade game, so don't expect voice files, except for Magneto, who was the unplayable final boss. Remember, these are RETRO. They didn't talk back then.
-All of their boosts lasts for 60 seconds and play a track from the X-Men arcade game.
-All have at least one "X-Power" that takes enormous damage, has over-the-top effects, and trigger explosions upon contact, just like from the arcade game.
-All retro mods have separate herostats, and will not clash with their modern / current counterparts. (They use the same mod numbers as their counterparts.)

SPECIAL NOTE:
-These mods uses one minute snippets of music from Konami's X-Men arcade game. I take no credit for any of these tracks.

MOVESET:
For the six X-Men, their first power is pretty much unchanged from their modern versions, including its damage output.
Their second power is their Mutant Power based on the X-Men arcade game. Magneto has two of them. Wait until you see each of them!!!
Their third is the boost, and it's mostly unchanged -- except that now it lasts for 60 seconds and plays a track from the X-Men arcade game.
The xtreme is also largely unchanged.
That said, seeing is better than reading in this case. It's better that you find out for yourself. But if you've played the X-Men arcade game before, then you'll have some idea... :king:

WARNING: Any boosters (other than mine) for the seven characters that you use that changes animations will negatively affect these retro mods as well. So far, the only known case is Maegawa's Cyclops booster.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, effects, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
MuscleCollector - Revamped Wolverine skin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?4zg9l8nwn2ju7sx

My bad for double posting, but this is urgent: Those of you who just downloaded that X-Men Retro collection, please do so one more time and overwrite the previous. There was an error that prevented certain moves from working if you have two of Colossus or two of Dazzler on the same team (something to do with the custom fightstyles). It's been fixed now, and the herostats have changed. Thankfully, I caught that early.