The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Awesome mod, Outsider!!!

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid 3 years ago. Beating that game was one of the most intense and engaging moments for video games in my life. It's the earliest example I can think of for the more cinematic, emotional, story-and-character-driven games we're more lucky and often to get nowadays, or, at least, have been able to for years. I wish I could have experienced more of the series. Maybe someday!

Excellent choice for a character to mod.

Everyone, the following mods have been updated.

Gwenpool: Added a new voice file created off of Jonnydragon88's initial voice file, as well as break lines.
Monet St. Croix (M): Same as Gwenpool.
John Wraith: C-4 now takes more damage & bomb shows on enemy, walks faster when carrying object, explosive throw takes more damage.

My next mod project is coming up, but may take a while because I have to create a skin for this little-known character. Stay tuned...

Quote from: TheMK on August 31, 2021, 05:33PM
Awesome mod, Outsider!!!

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid 3 years ago. Beating that game was one of the most intense and engaging moments for video games in my life. It's the earliest example I can think of for the more cinematic, emotional, story-and-character-driven games we're more lucky and often to get nowadays, or, at least, have been able to for years. I wish I could have experienced more of the series. Maybe someday!

Excellent choice for a character to mod.

Thanks for that. Solid Snake was requested for a very long time, and I'm a fan myself, so I wanted to make sure he was accurate to his series.

For those of you who have my latest mod of Solid Snake, please download once more. There was an issue with his talents file where icons didn't display properly for those who play with a keyboard. It has since been fixed. You don't need to reinstall the whole mod -- just download, get the "snake.engb" file from his data/talents folder, and place it into your game's data/talents folder, overwriting the previous file.

REINE DU RIEN

The collection of :wolverine: Wolverine's children from various universes have been growing as of late. Well, I'm not DJ Khaled, but here comes... another one. This is the little-known bad-ass hottie from the French Alps called Reine du Rien. It's pronounced "Ren du-r yeh" and translates to mean "Queen of Nothing." Her clan felt she didn't need a name, but they started calling her that, or Rien for short. After taking down the nightmarish demon called "The Truth,"  uniting with her berzerker father Logan, and currently somewhere in Earth-616, she now needs a new purpose... taking down the Masters of Evil. She's got cool powers, hot attire, and overall fun factor that will keep you playing as her. Download her now, and reduce Doctor Doom to... nothing.

FEATURES:
-6 powers (3 sorcery, 3 feral), 3 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Can unsheathe her claws and switch between sorcery and feral powers.
-Abilities of Flight and Healing Factor.
-4 hex-edited skins, HUD, loading screen, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file using Helena from Dead or Alive 6.
-Uses assigned number #142 (Mannequin will clash with Hank Pym.)

MOVESET:
1. Occult Beam: Fires a beam of magic at enemies. Also improves grab smash.
2. Vanquisher: Lunges towards an enemy with her claws, then repeatedly slashes them.
3. Aerial Blast: Levitates and delivers a magic burst that launches enemies upward while slowing them for a short time.
4. Tornado Slasher: Spins forward, slashing all enemies with a radius.
5. Paradigm Shift: Fires multiple projectiles that will follow and damage enemies.
6. Fast Break: Teleports to multiple enemies and slashes them horribly.
7. (Special) Teleport: Teleports herself and one other across a distance.
8. (Boost) Mystic Transfer: The team transfers inflicted energy damage into health for Rien. Also gains higher defense.
9. (Boost) Lady Berzerker: Gains attack damage and speed for a time, mimicking her father's rage.
10. (Xtreme) Breaker of Truth: Uses her sorcery to unleash a powerful blast of magic on all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, retextured skin, claws bolton, HUD, loading screen, mannequin, effects, icons, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Andersonbrazil - Ms. Marvel MvCI model

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?iae626g9fxscfk6

So currently, I'm on a break from modding for a little while. But when I return, I have a plan that most of you will be excited to hear about. That's all I can say for now. As usual, boys and girls... stay tuned. :king: (evil laugh)

Everyone, the following mods and boosters have been updated.

:apocalypse: Apocalypse Booster: Fixed boltons, added two mannequins
Dante: Attack light1 & light2 now based on a DMC game.
:wolverine: Wolverine Booster: New menu animations, fixed powerstyle, sounds, etc. (Added booster for Daken) New skins, coding, anims, HUDs, sounds, voice, loading screen, & mannequin.
X-Men Arcade Retro Collection: New Wolverine menu animations, fixed powerstyle files to now function well against enemies immune to all but knockback.

Thanks to UltraMegaMagnus, Wolverine now has menu animations that are more fitting to him (Jimmy Hudson is using Logan's original menu anims). I've made it so that now Wolverine and his kids (Daken, X-23, Jimmy Hudson, & Reine du Rien) all have different stances & menu anims.

I may have a couple more updates to do before I begin working on the four MK warriors. Stay tuned.

In addition to the above updates, Akuma and M. Bison have been updated as well. Akuma's Gou Shoryuken plays a bit better, and Bison's Psycho Crusher looks a lot better, using a Wolverine animation that UltraMegaMagnus converted.

OK, I think that does it for the updates, so very soon I will begin tackling the four new Mortal Kombat warriors. Stay tuned... :king: (evil laugh)

Very excited! Can't wait to see who they are!

October 09, 2021, 06:58PM #2454 Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 01:34AM by Outsider
EDITED -- No need to quote the entire release post.

this is awesome

by the way, i changed a few things after reading the modding guide.
I mute the steps sounds of rulk because was annoying to me play with that.
I nerf the machine gun of agent venom, it feels too powerful to me and the first bullet could be shooted even without energy, so I chnged that
I shorted the sound of the machine gun because was keeping firing even when the animation stops.

Quote from: nicomartz on October 09, 2021, 06:58PM

this is awesome

by the way, i changed a few things after reading the modding guide.
I mute the steps sounds of rulk because was annoying to me play with that.
I nerf the machine gun of agent venom, it feels too powerful to me and the first bullet could be shooted even without energy, so I chnged that
I shorted the sound of the machine gun because was keeping firing even when the animation stops.

Good to see that for the most part, you're liking :venom2: Agent Venom! Whatever you wish to change in your own game is fine -- I may look into updating Agent Venom when I get a chance, as he was one of my older mods.

BTW, I edited your post. In the future, you don't need to quote entire release posts of mods. I did this so in case the mod is updated, would-be-outdated information from your post will not be seen.

October 18, 2021, 09:52PM #2456 Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 11:59PM by Outsider
Everyone, the following mods have been updated:

:doom: Dr. Doom booster: Added a new mannequin.
Luna Snow: Fixed clash with OCP. Herostat has changed.
Snowbird: Fixed powerstyle file to coincide with Wendigo's fix.
:spidergirl: Spider-Girls: (Spider-Girl) Updated Anya Corazon's skin, (Mary Jane) Fixed clash with OCP. Herostat has changed.
Stan Lee: Added PS2-skin features, fixed shared_talents file.
Star-Lord: Added new mannequin.
Wendigo: Fixed clash with OCP. Herostat has changed.

What do I mean by "Fixed clash with OCP?" See, the OCP made sure that six spots were cleared to allow for each character to have up to six skins. However, three of my mods had used skin numbers that clashed with 5th & 6th skins for OCP characters that previously didn't have any. So, to allow the OCP characters to have these skins, I have changed these mods. As a result, their herostats have changed. Please follow these instructions:

Luna Snow now uses skins 21307-21310, so that it doesn't clash with the OCP. You can replace the skins and HUDs of 21305 & 21306 with any of :magma: Magma. Delete the following from your game's "packages/generated/characters" folder:

luna_21305.pkgb
luna_21305_nc.pkgb
luna_21306.pkgb
luna_21306_nc.pkgb

Wendigo now uses skins 21607-21610, so that it doesn't clash with the OCP. You can replace the skins and HUDs of 21605 & 21606 with any of :pyro: Pyro. Delete the following from your game's "packages/generated/characters" folder:

wendigo_21605.pkgb
wendigo_21605_nc.pkgb
wendigo_21606.pkgb
wendigo_21606_nc.pkgb

Mary Jane now uses skins 21707-21712, so that it doesn't clash with the OCP. You can replace the skins and HUDs of 21705 & 21706 with any of :sunfire: Sunfire. Delete the following from your game's "packages/generated/characters" folder:

maryjane_21705.pkgb
maryjane_21705_nc.pkgb
maryjane_21706.pkgb
maryjane_21706_nc.pkgb

Everyone, the following boosters have been updated to further coincide with the OCP.

:colossus: Colossus, :pman: Luke Cage, and  :juggernaut: Juggernaut.

NOTE: With Colossus' herostat, you'll see "colos_def" instead of the OCP's "colosdef." It's the same thing, just renamed and hidden from the stats screen.

I'd like to thank those of you who reached out, thanking me for recreating Chameleon. I always appreciate any and all compliments. Working on my next Mortal Kombat warrior now as the expansion continues.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on October 19, 2021, 06:25PM
Thank you for your continued efforts to keep your mods up to date!

Much appreciated, BW17.

Always excited for more, Outsider! Your work is always worth looking forward to!