Started by boreman, August 02, 2007, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: boreman on October 25, 2007, 01:47AM
This is a patch/update for Blizz' Cable Mod. It has:

- Four skins, based on iammingy's XML2 skin:
    * Classic (iammingy's, blue/yellow)
    * X-Force (2nd series, golden)
    * Modern (Civil War/Rogue's X-Men)
    * Providence (Dominus Objective/Cone of Silence suit).
- New powerstyle with changed animations, new grabsmash and fixed Xtreme.
- Skeleton files rearranged for minor animation tweaks.
- Talents file with passives for all the costumes.
- X-Man's eye-glowing effect.

http://www.box.net/shared/epu039lhia

Credits to Blizz for the original mod and iammingy for the XML2 skin and helping me reskinning the PS2 models.
Backup any files you are going to overwrite.

awesome, cant wait to try out the new skins!
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Hey I've been trying out both the Havok and Cannonball mods and i'm very impressed!  Both have very cool effects and fitting animations. Cannonball's long range dive is not only damaging but probably the fastest way to move through an area next to quicksilver!

I'm having a really minor issue with getting cannonballs real voice to work because the mod didn't come with cball_m file, so I tried just copying the humant_m file and renaming, puttng it with cball_v file and then changin it in herostat, that mostly worked except that when he flies he doesn't make a flight sound which cannonball pretty much needs.  Did anybody else manage to fix this?

Quote from: BliZZ on October 25, 2007, 11:07AM
Well, I was just updating that very same mod, using nodoubt_jr's XML2 mod. :) (Still gonna do it, as the original Cable, unless you MAJORLY overhauled it, was pretty terrible :laugh:)

I didn't get to add features from nodoubt_jr's XML2 mod, I mostly tried to adjust some animations and powers, and adding the passives. I hope there is something you can use in your update.

@Lionsden99:

I must say I don't know much about sound issues, my herostat uses humant_m still. I think the answer might be in assigning the sound to fly_idle in the powerstyle or something. I have work coming this days, so if anyone makes the fix before me, please let me know or post it here. Thanks for the feedback.

Hey thanks for the response, I tried messing around with the powerstyle but to no avail.  I'm not quite there yet.  I've also been using the Havok and Polaris mods which both work great and are both quite cool.  Polaris's extreme is quite unique.

I tried using the Marvel Girl Mod but also a no go.  Basically her manniquin appeared with all of Jean Greys costumes and none of her powers/combat. 

I already mentioned that Marvel Girl problem:

Quote from: BliZZ on October 08, 2007, 03:24PM
Rachel's herostat calls for 123XX, her mannequin is 12301, her files are named 12502-05, and they need to be 12505-08 (AIM Reaver uses 12501-04). I have installed the files (not tested) for Havok, Chamber, and Cannonball so far and they seem fine from a file stand-point.

ETA: In-game, Marvel Girl, Cannonball, And Super Skrull all have icon issues. Also, you need to add the alpha layer to every one of their icon-sets. Otherwise, these look good :thumbsup: (And I didn't test Polaris, just the other 6)

I must have skipped that post. Thanks for the reminder, Blizz, I'll try to re-read the tutorials and correct the icon issues. I had been making them intuitively and trying different things on each one between my usual graphic design/photoshopping software (Corel X3), Fireworks and the other programs posted in the forums.

To be honest, I didn't correct MG's numbers because I'm lazy and hate modifying packages, so I always leave them last and usually never get to change them. I'll try to speed up to it this weekend.

So that's why during the Omega base mission I had to dismantle an army of Rachel Summers robots!  LoL

But Boreman, take your time.  No rush.  I understand you're busy and there is plenty other of your stuff working perfectly to distract me!

Havoc's 2nd power has an error in the powerstyles file. Its missing the line that actually subtracts the energy cost.

Added the line. In theory, that should work (can't test it right now). Let me know if there is cost or not yet.
http://www.box.net/shared/is0hvyeb9f

ps_havok.engb goes in \data\powerstyles.

November 24, 2007, 08:15AM #54 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:24AM by Sidewinder
Is it possible that the polaris that is currently linked is an old version?
Rhe Xtreme that the others are praising doesn't work at all for me. I can trigger it at any time, but besides some FX nothing happens (Xtreme meter charges, but doesn't do anything).

DAU alert - my fault. The Xtreme works. The bug is that at the start of the game the healing power is assigned at the Xtreme spot of a gamepad. As soon as I manually assigned the Xtreme there it worked fine. However, it wasn't possible to assigne the Healing power there again. So somewhere there is a small bug in the categories of the moves.

Try removing these lines from her herostat and we'll see what happens:

power1 = power5 ;
   power2 = power2 ;
   power3 = power1 ;
   power4 = power9 ;

I'm playing through the game with the Official Characters pack and the new voiced XML2 characters, so I can't test Polaris yet.

Ok, here is the work in progress:

Skins done, powerset completely functional, icons and HUDs done, even loadscreen. I'll try a thing with the fightstyles (wich implies editing packages, wich I hate), and he goes for upload.

I also have to check that Madrox isn't underpowered or overpowered and release him. It is fun to have your instant gang, but I can't figure out how to make dupes dissappear yet, and if there is a cutscene, they'll all become defaultmen who fight allies and enemies alike (actually, I find it fun too, and it keeps you from over-duping).

awesome skins, great job.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: boreman on November 24, 2007, 02:53PM
Try removing these lines from her herostat and we'll see what happens:
   power1 = power5 ;
   power2 = power2 ;
   power3 = power1 ;
   power4 = power9 ;

It reorders the powers and also fixes the unassigned Xtreme

Quote from: boreman on November 28, 2007, 11:39PM
It is fun to have your instant gang, but I can't figure out how to make dupes dissappear yet, and if there is a cutscene, they'll all become defaultmen who fight allies and enemies alike (actually, I find it fun too, and it keeps you from over-duping).

Ouch on the defaultman thing. If defaultman is replaced do they then all become the hero in that spot?! Double ouch if so...

RE making dupes disappear. Could this be achieved by giving them a (massive) negative healing factor? So they'd simply die fairly quick.