Curious if the community here would like to participate in a game i have done

Started by Oddark123, May 14, 2013, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello all. I've been running a topic/game on another forum for a while now but to be honest i've grown sick of that other forum and really want nothing to do with anymore, but the problem is my game is kind of left high and dry without an audience to play, so now i'm trying to look to see if there's any interest to let me run it elsewhere.

I know this community is pretty fun and has a lot of active users and plenty of people who pop in, so i figured this place would be a good place to offer it first.

What this game is, is a prediction game. It's run as a wrestling promotion but the gimmick is that all the characters within are all drawn from fictional worlds. Meaning every person is either from a movie, a book, a video game, a cartoon or yes even a comic book! XD

The basic premise is that i write up the story, and it brings us to a match. Where the community votes on which person in the match they think will win. I simulate the matches in an older video game and then i update everyone's point standings. Getting the outcome right earns you a point, getting it wrong loses you a point, not voting on a match doesn't affect your score.

I've put a lot of effort into the story of this, and it's really going to be shame to let it go to waste, just because i'm leaving another forum. If some people are interested here, i will gladly make a topic on the forum game boards relaunching it for you all to play and enjoy. But if no one is interested i'll go look elsewhere.

Also if you have any questions about if ____ character is ever used, etc or a suggestion of someone you would like to see in such a thing please feel free to say so. I run out of ideas some times so i do take requests into consideration.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

I like games! :D  And this one sounds creative and interesting.  I would like to give it a try.  If you end up relaunching it elsewhere, post it here so those who are interested can go to that site.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Nice to see an interest. To kind of give a little more hints, i through together a quick collage of head shots of some of the characters who you might see in this game. This might help peak some people's interest. haha

Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

You can always give it a try, it sounds like fun to me!

Are you using Mugen?

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Nah. It's simulated on a wrestling game. It's the only medium that can fairly balance the variety of characters it's uses. I wouldn't even want to think in MUGEN of how to set up some good balance.

Either way i think this could be a good place to try it out on. If nothing else it could be a good story for people to check out as they visit over the summer. I think i'll probably bring it here.

I'm working on rehauling the organization and hope to have it started this weekend.

And there will be some  :doom: to start the thing off.