Classes of Characters

Started by Techon 7, May 16, 2013, 09:38PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Recently I've been thinking about how many games have their characters divided into jobs or classes and so my question is

What classes would you pick or wish to describe the default and modded charaters as?

For example:
Do you think Nightcrawler is a swordmaster or a priest?
Is Shadowcat a ninja or a spy?

Or  there are the characters you think could one class but are another entirely like Storm could be a thief or Wolverine a samurai.

This was just something I was thinking about and  I'm curious to see what your opinions were.

Kinda like supports, bruisers, etc... going into more subdivided types  :chuckle:

QuoteElixir - Priest/Healer/Cleric

Captain America, Captain Britain - Fighter/Cavalier/Ranger

Shaman - Shaman (LOL XD)

Hawkeye - Archer

Black Widow, Nick Fury - Bounty Hunter

Ronin, Deadpool, Black Panther, Elektra, Daredevil - Ninja/Assassin

Drax the Destroyer - Gladiator

Dr. Strange, Prof. X - Illusionist/Wizard/Druid

Emma Frost, Stepford Cuckoos - Psychic Warrior

Nightcrawler, Psylocke - Shadow Dancer

Hulk, She-Hulk, Thing, Colossus - Barbarian

Storm, Crystal - Elemental Mage

Thor, Ice Man, Human Torch - Elemental Monk

Iron Man, Rocket Racoon - Heavy Infantry

I know there are a LOT of characters out there but these are the ones I could possibly think of (personally) XD

personally, i like what avengers alliance did with the classes: generalist, striker, scrapper, blaster, tactician, and infiltrator. if i could incorporate that into MUA, i would.

I kinda wanted to respond to this as I just started playing Avenger's Alliance and the classes could possibly be applied.

Tacticians focus on buffs, debuffs, and control powers. Emma Frost and Elixir are the easiest examples. Jean Grey can be here too, depending on the mod.

Blasters are ranged focused. So characters like Humaan Torch fit in here.

Bruisers are supposed to be the heroes who can take a beating. Luke Cage and Thing were supposed to be this. I have heard some opinions that they aren't but the fit the mold.

Scrappers are those who excel at taking down enemies quickly leaning towards melee. So, Wolverine, Quicksliver, and Mr. Fantastic.

Infiltrators are the heroes who use stealth, agility, or speed. Dihan's Nightcrawler and Anole are the ones that easily fit there.

Finally, Generalists are those that have the ability to do many different things. Vanilla Iron Man and Thor along with Sunspot go nicely here with ranged and melee potential and flight.

Not comprehensive, but they're ideas.