DC Universe Online and Marvel Heroes

Started by TheStorm, May 23, 2013, 04:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys, I couldn't find a thread for Marvel Heroes (?), I'm sorry if I missed it..
I started playing DC Universe Online in anticipation for Marvel Heroes, and I like it, it's ok, but I think I liked City of Heroes much better. I have two characters, a hero (Frost Baroness) which is basically Emma Frost with sorcery powers, and Queen Neramani (Villain) loosely based on Lilandra with mental powers. If anyone is playing, please add me and I will gladly play with whoever has the desire to play.

My other question is in regarding to Marvel Heroes. I need some help, because I'm not quite sure I understand everything.
They say everything is going to be completely free, so does that mean I purchase the game and everything in it (heroes, costumes..) is free for me to use, as long as I unlock it in the game? Are they going to add more characters as time goes by? Are they going to be free to download? Has anyone here tested the game? Any thoughts on characters?
I like what they did with Jean and her powers, don't like the look though. I am of course excited about Storm, she looks awesome. And mostly I am very excited about Emma Frost. I saw this one video where they show her running behind Iron Man and showcasing her powers, I love that they included her Diamond Form, looks promising.
Is there a way to play it now? Like test it?

Thanks in advance

Cheers  :storm:

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

There actually are threads for both topics

Marvel Heroes: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,5919.0.html
DC Universe: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7324.0.html

I agree, I liked City of Heroes better then DC Universe, and for Marvel Heroes I don't think everything will be free I'm sure you will have to buy other heroes like you do now. Although getting the money you need to buy them can be received by codes given out online. And I believe the first week of June it becomes playable to everybody.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

June 4 is the release date for Marvel Heroes. Supposedly, for now, all characters can be obtained through missions, special missions, etc. They will have some characters to purchase.

From what I've gathered, some of the team members from City of Heroes are working with members from Champions Online to create another Superhero like MMO. Hopefully we get the good things about both in this and we'll have a Superhero MMO that wont get abandoned.

Quote from: Scabbia on May 23, 2013, 01:17PM
June 4 is the release date for Marvel Heroes. Supposedly, for now, all characters can be obtained through missions, special missions, etc. They will have some characters to purchase.

From what I've gathered, some of the team members from City of Heroes are working with members from Champions Online to create another Superhero like MMO. Hopefully we get the good things about both in this and we'll have a Superhero MMO that wont get abandoned.

Thats awesome to hear, DCUO is like a ghost town atm, it just got boring. Looking forward to this MMO :)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven