Online Multiplayer

Started by yusnvabtch, June 09, 2013, 12:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If this games multiplayer truely is disabled, i just thought it would be a great idea if we started focusing on creating a multi-player mod.

Number 3, creating a multi-player mod is pretty much impossible :P
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

It's not a matter of a mod. If the servers are down you can't get around that.

Quote from: Teancum on June 10, 2013, 11:36AM
It's not a matter of a mod. If the servers are down you can't get around that.

Neither with "some" program like this one:http://www.tunngle.net/index.php?l=it?

Yeah, doesn't seem so impossible to me. I'm no modder though so that probably means I don't have a say but regardless I just think we lack a multi-player mod because we haven't focused on creating one at all (or someone did and it just didn't work out). If we focused on making one before, we'd probably have multiplayer by now. But hey, I'm no modder. :genis:

I'm no modder either haha but I'd love to get the online multiplayer back, would creating a private server for this game be possible?
Bang bitch, you think I'm strange bitch?! It's bananas like a fuckin' 'rangatang bitch, don't worry bout me, I got it all arranged bitch, mind your bidness, stay in yo lane bitch. - Miley Cyrus

I have no idea. Maybe. I mean, there is Marvel Heroes but I am no fan of the whole point-and-click game-play, since its free it (pretty much) requires you to pay if you want all the good shiz. That means characters (the majority of our favorite iconic heroes can only be obtained by paying or waiting for a long while to receive that character randomly by drop) , costumes (great costumes but MUA can offer all of them) , and item boost. I'd prefer to play MUA online . . . thats if we had online.  :genis:

I will look into creating a private server for this website to use and I'll keep you updated :) Cause yeah I agree, I played Marvel Heroes when it was in beta and so I was spoiled and able to play with Black Widow for free but then when I downloaded the official game and couldn't be her all the fun was gone especially with how random it is that you get characters....it's pure luck :/ unless you pay but I don't do that haha. Plus I agree the gameplay for MUA is much better...I actually thought that Marvel Heroes was going to play like MUA but it's point and click which i just like Superhero Squad Online haha, Heroes was fun when I got to be my favorite character but without her it's just meh. So anyways haha way off track >.< I will let you know what I find :D
Bang bitch, you think I'm strange bitch?! It's bananas like a fuckin' 'rangatang bitch, don't worry bout me, I got it all arranged bitch, mind your bidness, stay in yo lane bitch. - Miley Cyrus

It would be so cool if we could get MUA multiplayer up and running again.  Keep us posted on what you find out.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

just woke up from a night of research haha and well the first step is making a private server for us but I don't have the hardware for doing that because you basically need a computer dedicated to just running the server and nothing else and the only computer I have is my laptop. So if we have a member with a old desktop or laptop maybe that they don't use then we can set up a server and then test it to see if it will work or not.

July 12, 2013, 10:38PM #10 Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:42PM by yusnvabtch
We can try to figure this out BUT a big thank you for going out and doing this research man lol I really do think MUA will live longer if we attempt on bringing back multi-player. It could also bring the community closer to knowing we can play with each other. I'll see if I can get my old desktop to run the server also.  :genis:

you're welcome let me know if I can be any more help :) I'm pretty good at researching :) and sounds good let me know if you get it running! I think the same thing if we could all play together I think there'd be an ever bigger sense of community :D