How to convert XML1 stuff (includes UltimateAlphabetizerV1.2, extentConverterV1)

Started by Norrin Radd, August 06, 2007, 04:12PM

Previous topic - Next topic
hey dude just a question:can a person add a xml level or does he have to replace it (not that im gonna do it)
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Quote from: Norrin Radd on August 23, 2007, 06:33PM
Ultimate Alphabetizer by Norrin Radd RELEASE V1.2
I have created a program that alphabetizes most mua/xml2 files to help when converting the xml1 ones (since after you convert the xml1 ones with xmlconverter, they are not in alphabetical order, and they never were)
(works for conversations, level engs, powerstyle, etc.)

Version 1.2 New!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/inpsde

Anyone have a working link?  This one is dead.

Hey,does anyone have a working link of this converter and alphabetizer?
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on September 09, 2007, 02:49PM
thats weird about the water entities,
arena_arb2 has them and they loaded alright in XML2

So turns out to fix water you just need to remove the following lines from the water entity:

entity {
   alpha = 0.35 ;
   ambienteffect = misc/watermove ;
   classname = waterent ;
   density = 10 ;
   gridsize =   ;
   name = water01 ;
   nocollide = true ;
   spawnsoundloop = object_ambi/arbiter_int/electric_loop ;
   splasheffect = misc/waterEntry ;
   texture = textures/water.png ;
   texturescale =   ;
   wakeeffect = Misc/watersplash ;
   xscroll =   ;
   yscroll =   ;

}

Quote from: Norrin Radd on June 16, 2008, 11:22AM2. An additional animation file can be used in each level. This file needs to be included in the pkg file, and must have the name "zone_LEVEL.igb", where LEVEL is the complete name of the level. Anything other than this name it may not work properly. XML1 include these types of files except they must be renamed from mission_XXX to zone_xxx and a new one must be created for each level (because of the level name), as opposed to how xml1 used a single one for multiple levels. This also means that levels should not have the same names.
Has anyone else had luck with zone animations? I got motionpaths to work (from this same post), but have had no dice with the zone anims for XML1 conversions.

***EDIT***

So it's a bit more complex than this. Once you rename mission_[name].igb to zone_[name of level].igb you have to go into the file with a hex editor and rename mission_[name] and mission_[name]_skel to zone_[level name] and zone_[level name]_skel, respectively. (Use 00 bytes to fill in any leftover space) Same deal with mission1, mission2, etc (these are the actual animations). Rename them to zone1, zone2, etc, filling in with 00 bytes. THEN you add it to your PKGB just like you would in MUA or XML2, and THEN you have to go into the .py script and change instances of animations that call for EA_MISSION[number] to EA_ZONE[number].

Quite cumbersome, but looks like the final piece of the puzzle has been covered.