THE SIMS 4!

Started by Lightning249539, June 25, 2013, 07:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for all the information!

I think the alternate universe definitely makes sense for this game, it seemed like it would be to hard to place in in the actual series, so I think they made the right choice.
I really like that all the clothes will be maternity clothes, and not just a set few.
And I love that the districts should be filled with more people, I feel like The Sims 3 neighborhoods definitely lacked on people and it always seemed so lonely.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

June 12, 2014, 08:17AM #151 Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:29AM by White Queen
__Traits__

Sims may choose three traits, then depending on the aspiration they choose, they gain a bonus 4th trait.
After completing the Sim's aspiration, they gain a 5th trait.

- Active
- Ambitious
- Art Lover
- Bookworm
- Bro
- Cheerful
- Childish
- Clumsy
- Creative
- Evil
- Family Oriented
- Foodie
- Greek
- Genius
- Gloomy
- Glutton
- Good
- Goofball
- Hates Children
- Hotheaded
- Insane
- Lazy
- Loner
- Loves Outdoors
- Materialistic
- Mean Spirited
- Music Lover
- Neat
- Noncommittal
- Outgoing
- Perfectionist
- Romantic
- Self Assured
- Slob
- Snob

__Aspirations__

All/Some aspirations have two or more subcategories.

- Athletic

- Creativity

- Deviance (Bonus trait: Dastardly)
  * Public Enemy (Reward trait: Mastermind)
  * Chief of Mischief (Reward trait: Tormentor)

- Family (Bonus trait: Domestic)

- Food (Bonus trait: Essence of Flavor)

- Fortune (Bonus trait: Business Savvy)

- Knowledge (Bonus trait: Fast Learner)
  * Renaissance Sim
  * ???

- Love (Bonus trait: Alluring)

- Nature (Bonus trait: Collector)

- Popularity (Bonus trait: Gregarious)
  * Friend to the World
  * ???

__Walkstyles List__

Emotions each temporarily unlock a bonus walkstyle that overides your main one.

-  Perky
- Snooty
- Swagger
- Feminine
- Tough
- Goofy

Walkstyles Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsU1Ms1uRwA

12-min CAS Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC53F3I1AMI

Quote from: White Queen on June 12, 2014, 08:17AM
__Traits__

Sims may choose three traits, then depending on the aspiration they choose, they gain a bonus 4th trait.
After completing the Sim's aspiration, they gain a 5th trait.

- Active
- Ambitious
- Art Lover
- Bookworm
- Bro
- Cheerful
- Childish
- Clumsy
- Creative
- Evil
- Family Oriented
- Foodie
- Greek
- Genius
- Gloomy
- Glutton
- Good
- Goofball
- Hates Children
- Hotheaded
- Insane
- Lazy
- Loner
- Loves Outdoors
- Materialistic
- Mean Spirited
- Music Lover
- Neat
- Noncommittal
- Outgoing
- Perfectionist
- Romantic
- Self Assured
- Slob
- Snob

__Aspirations__

All/Some aspirations have two or more subcategories.

- Athletic

- Creativity

- Deviance (Bonus trait: Dastardly)
  * Public Enemy (Reward trait: Mastermind)
  * Chief of Mischief (Reward trait: Tormentor)

- Family (Bonus trait: Domestic)

- Food (Bonus trait: Essence of Flavor)

- Fortune (Bonus trait: Business Savvy)

- Knowledge (Bonus trait: Fast Learner)
  * Renaissance Sim
  * ???

- Love (Bonus trait: Alluring)

- Nature (Bonus trait: Collector)

- Popularity (Bonus trait: Gregarious)
  * Friend to the World
  * ???

__Walkstyles List__

Emotions each temporarily unlock a bonus walkstyle that overides your main one.

-  Perky
- Snooty
- Swagger
- Feminine
- Tough
- Goofy

Walkstyles Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsU1Ms1uRwA

12-min CAS Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC53F3I1AMI
Thanks for your info White Queen!! :storm:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I seriously cannot wait for this game! xD
I really like the "Romance" relationship meter, now my Sims won't lose their romantic status just because they argue a lil. :3 Yay!

Just finish watching the create a sim at the E3 Conference center and it looks like they have a lot of clothes, jewelry, hats, skin tones, hair styles, and make up to choose from. I cant wait either! They need to show Sims in the neighborhood gameplays in each district. Also there is going to be a cupcake factory right? :storm:

Alexis, the owner and manager of one of the most reliable and popular Sims News/Fan sites (SimsVIP), interviewed developer SimGuruGraham about various features in TS4.

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/13/e3-2014-simsvip-interview-wsimgurugraham/

Definitely watch the interview, if you want to learn more about Sims 4 features.
They've split the Cooking skill in half. Now there's a Gourmet Cooking Skill and Home Cooking Skill. I think that's genius! Excited! :D :D

Wow he answered a lot of my questions that I was wondering about. But still want to know is there a cupcake factory. :storm:

June 14, 2014, 09:55AM #157 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:25AM by White Queen
For those that are confused about how exactly Worlds in The Sims 4 work, here is a little diagram I found on the forums:

So, a single World in The Sims 4 is divided into 5 Neighborhoods.
Traveling from one neighborhood to another will yield a loading screen.

Each neighborhood has a total of 5 lots, and the public space between those lots. (the streets for example)
The Active lot, is the lot your Sim(s) is currently on, and that lot is fully loaded and accessible.
The other four lots in the neighborhood are Inactive.
Going to another lot in that neighborhood yields a very short loading screen, and then that lot becomes the active one, while the previous one you were on becomes inactive.
The public space between those lots is always active and does not require a loading screen for you to exit or enter it.

The passage of time and aging is global and always active. All Sims are simulated in the background for those Unloaded/Inactive areas, and their needs change and they take care of themselves, and they wont be doing the same thing they were doing when you left.

Another part of the new system is how switching between Sims works.

So let's say you have Sim A, B and C in one neighborhood.
They are all together on one lot. (the currently active lot)
And then you direct Sim C to go to another lot, and after a loading screen that lot becomes the currently active lot
The lot Sim A and B are on becomes Inactive, but they continue to simulate in the background and do different things.
Then you decide to switch to Sim A by double clicking on their Sim-Portrait, that yields a small loading screen and then the lot Sim A and B are on becomes the currently active lot, while Sim C (who is on a different lot, now inactive) continues to simulate in the background.

It works the same way when switching between Sims in different neighborhoods.
I would assume that the loading screens between neighborhoods is longer than the one between lots.

So how Worlds work in the Sims 4 is truly somewhat a combination between The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.

Also another option in the Settings menu, allows you to disable aging for all Sims besides your currently active household.
Note: That does not disable passage of time or background simulation for Sims on inactive areas, that will always be active and working.

EXTRA INFO - Developer SimGuruGraham confirmed that Willow Creek will also feature a 6th neighborhood, though they won't refer to it as a neighborhood because all it has is one huge lot. (A really big park)

Also Graham stated that there will be interactive objects in the public spaces between the lots, and your Sims will no longer be confined to only autonomously using the objects that are on the lot they are currently on, meaning that they will go outside the currently active lot and into the public space and interact with Sims and objects that are there, on their own. (Unlike how in The Sims 3 where Sims will only react to events happening on the lot they are currently on)

The new "Manage Worlds" feature (which replaces Edit Town) will be used to manage the lots in those neighborhoods (place lots, change lot type), while the public spaces cannot be edited.

Mothers will be able to breastfeed their baby/toddler children.
Clothes cannot be bought, instead all will be unlocked like in the Sims 3.
Children will paint more childlike paintings, which will include macaroni art.

I feel like he may have addressed it in the video, but I wasn't quite sure if that was what he was talking about. But have they said how many Sims we can play in an active family, like in the Sims 3 it was 8.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on June 20, 2014, 10:19AM
I feel like he may have addressed it in the video, but I wasn't quite sure if that was what he was talking about. But have they said how many Sims we can play in an active family, like in the Sims 3 it was 8.
Yes, they said that it'll be 8 as always.

Do yall  know the age groups yet? :storm:

The same as in The Sims 3.
Baby > Toddler > Child >Teen > Young Adult > Adult > Elder
Babies will have legs (Like in TS2), instead being wrapped in a blanket.

June 25, 2014, 01:19PM #163 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:31PM by White Queen
Update! - Toddlers have been removed, and pools will not be present in the base game.

Also, you will be able to travel between Worlds (Example: From Willow Creek to another world) without needing to start a new game. (Unlike in TS3, where if you want to move from Sunset Valley to let's say Bridgeport, you either have to start a new game and place your household in Bridgeport, or move them and lose all relationships outside your household)

Quote from: White Queen on June 25, 2014, 01:19PM
Update! - Toddlers have been removed, and pools will not be present in the base game.

Also, you will be able to travel between Worlds (Example: From Willow Creek to another world) without needing to start a new game. (Unlike in TS3, where if you want to move from Sunset Valley to let's say Bridgeport, you either have to start a new game and place your household in Bridgeport, or move them and lose all relationships outside your household)

That's disappointing that Pools wont be included in the base game, I don't know why they would take that out. And I don't understand why toddlers got taken out either, but whatever.