THE SIMS 4!

Started by Lightning249539, June 25, 2013, 07:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 25, 2014, 10:18AM #240 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:25AM by White Queen
Quote from: Lightning249539 on July 25, 2014, 09:30AM
I have a problem on the Sims 2 how do I make seasons longer? :storm:
Unlike the Sims 3, you cannot increase or decrease the length of seasons, you can however rearrange them in different patterns.

Example: Summer > Fall > Winter > Spring is the default one, you can make it Fall > Spring > Winter > Summer or other crazy combinations, or even assign a single season to 3, 2 or all of the 4 season slots.

To do that, just click on the circular Seasons button that should be on top of the screen while you're at the Neighborhood screen.

But I believe there are mods that increase the length of seasons for TS2.

The best site for TS2/TS3 mods is www.modthesims.info , that's where I get all my mods for TS2 and 3. :P

(And I mean mods, not Custom Content like Hairstyles, Meshes, Clothing and Furniture styles, that's different, but Mod The Sims has Custom Content as well but not as much as The Sims Resource - www.thesimsresource.com)

If you have other questions about TS2, ask away. :P Been playing that game since I was like 8 or 9 years old or something, so yeah I know pretty much everything about the second generation, and trust me there is alot more content and features in TS2 than TS3. :D

Quote from: White Queen on July 25, 2014, 10:18AM
Unlike the Sims 3, you cannot increase or decrease the length of seasons, you can however rearrange them in different patterns.

Example: Summer > Fall > Winter > Spring is the default one, you can make it Fall > Spring > Winter > Summer or other crazy combinations, or even assign a single season to 3, 2 or all of the 4 season slots.

To do that, just click on the circular Seasons button that should be on top of the screen while you're at the Neighborhood screen.

But I believe there are mods that increase the length of seasons for TS2.

The best site for TS2/TS3 mods is www.modthesims.info , that's where I get all my mods for TS2 and 3. :P

(And I mean mods, not Custom Content like Hairstyles, Meshes, Clothing and Furniture styles, that's different, but Mod The Sims has Custom Content as well but not as much as The Sims Resource - www.thesimsresource.com)

If you have other questions about TS2, ask away. :P Been playing that game since I was like 8 or something, so yeah. :D
Yeah I used modthesims for the Sims 3 but it sometimes crashed my computer, but thanks! :storm:

July 25, 2014, 12:18PM #242 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:29PM by fox456
Quote from: White Queen on July 25, 2014, 10:18AM
... and trust me there is alot more content and features in TS2 than TS3. :D

I agree with you on that -- which is why I am skeptical about TS4.

By the way, thanks for the code for Sims 2.  I am not familiar with "Origin."  How does this work on your computer?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on July 25, 2014, 12:18PM
I agree with you on that -- which is why I am skeptical about TS4.

By the way, thanks for the code for Sims 2.  I am not familiar with "Origin."  How does this work on your computer?

Origin is a program that you can get where you can download games, sort of like Steam, and register games to it as well. I got it with a Sims 3 update I believe, it is also used or can be used to update your Sims 3 games, or other games I am assuming.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So, Lightning? Have you played The Sims 2 before?

Quote from: White Queen on July 25, 2014, 03:52PM
So, Lightning? Have you played The Sims 2 before?
I played TS2 Pets and Castaway for console but not for PC. So all the stuff packs and expansion packs are new to me on the computer.:storm:

July 25, 2014, 05:07PM #246 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:31PM by White Queen
Quote from: Lightning249539 on July 25, 2014, 03:54PM
I played TS2 Pets and Castaway for console but not for PC. So all the stuff packs and expansion packs are new to me on the computer.:storm:
Well, that's gonna be even more fun, cuz you're gonna be discovering things, and TS2 is full of surprises. :D :)

PewDiePie creating a Sim in TS4 CAS Demo. I laughed so hard. xD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl253R_Yri4

Quote from: White Queen on July 25, 2014, 05:07PM
Well, that's gonna be even more fun, cuz you're gonna be discovering things, and TS2 is full of surprises. :D :)
Yeah i think its really hard taking care of your Sims needs lol!. But I like how the way when they are at work they eat lunch so you don't have to be worried about them being hungry later. And the fact that there are a lot of sims at one community lot! I really hope TS4 is like TS2! And I like how the waiter  or waitress serve you and you can see the chef make the food. I wished the TS3 had open restaurants like TS2 it makes the game more alive. :storm:

July 26, 2014, 01:06PM #248 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:36PM by White Queen
The Caliente household will be returning. Nina and Dina along with their re-imagined mother Katrina Caliente. So basically just like her daughters, Katrina is making the mistake of dating the infamous Don Lothario, the playboy man-whore. Nina wants to steal him from her mother, while Dina wants to save money and move out and get away from all the crazyness.

Well they were my favourites from TS2 along with the Goths, so I'm happy both of the families will be returning. :D

Also, two mods I can suggest for TS2 are the Sleeping on Community Lots and Skill Gaining on Community Lots. Cuz in TS2 (unlike in TS3) you can't gain skill progress or sleep on community lots. So this makes it really cool for me, cuz usually I send my teen witch Sims to the Palace of Neverending Light / Fortress of Eternal Darkness ( which are the good and evil witch secret lots ) so they can train their magic skill, and normally they can't sleep or nap and they would need energy.
Although now that I think about it, there are those Light/Darkness Thrones. xD

Quote from: White Queen on July 26, 2014, 01:06PM
The Caliente household will be returning. Nina and Dina along with their re-imagined mother Katrina Caliente. So basically just like her daughters, Katrina is making the mistake of dating the infamous Don Lothario, the playboy man-whore. Nina wants to steal him from her mother, while Dina wants to save money and move out and get away from all the crazyness.

Well they were my favourites from TS2 along with the Goths, so I'm happy both of the families will be returning. :D

Also, two mods I can suggest for TS2 are the Sleeping on Community Lots and Skill Gaining on Community Lots. Cuz in TS2 (unlike in TS3) you can't gain skill progress or sleep on community lots. So this makes it really cool for me, cuz usually I send my teen witch Sims to the Palace of Neverending Light / Fortress of Eternal Darkness ( which are the good and evil witch secret lots ) so they can train their magic skill, and normally they can't sleep or nap and they would need energy.
Although now that I think about it, there are those Light/Darkness Thrones. xD
Yeah when I saw Katrina Caliente I was like where is Dina and Nina but although he said its a alternative universe I still like how they are bringing back the Goth, Caliente, Lothario, and Landgraab families. :storm:

Questions ask to the SimGuruGrant

Simified: Will there be Seasons or any kind of weather in The Sims 4 base game?
Grant: With The Sims 4 base game we are focusing on gameplay and Sims themselves to make it a great experience. Weather is something we'd like to have in the base game, but right now, with The Sims 4, weather and seasons will not be present in the base game.

Simified: Will there be an online store, like The Sims 3 Store, in The Sims 4?
Grant: The game is still in a pre-alpha state and we have not reached this point in development so I cannot comment on this.

Simified: Will Sims be able to have and own cars? Will cars in The Sims 4 have functions similar to The Sims 2 (opening doors, etc.) or will they be like The Sims 3?
Grant: Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen.

Simified: Will it be possible to build more than 5 floors?
Grant: This question is actually for SimGuruHouts since he's Build Mode, but I can say the team is always working on developing the game to make it the best it possibly can be. (SimGuruHouts mentioned during his Build Mode demo that currently, in The Sims 4, it's 3 floors and a roof but they are working and hoping to make that higher.)

Simified: Will there be curved walls? Is it true we will we be able to adjust wall heights?
Grant: There will be adjustable wall heights! It's something new we're doing and you may noticed it in the arrival trailer. We may or may not be able to offer curved walls, but we are adding in curved fences. Curved fences are new too and we're hoping players will like them.

Simified: Are there any new skills in The Sims 4? Any returning skills?
Grant: There will be some new skills with The sims 4 such as bartending but also some familiar returning skills too, such as gardening, writing, cooking and painting. Cleaning is also there but it's not a skill, like in The Sims 3.

Simified: In The Sims 4, we're getting body sculpting features. How will the game deal with our Sims losing and gaining weight, becoming more or less muscular?
Grant: So the game dealing with weight loss and muscle loss based on your Sims habits. If your Sim eats healthy and exercises, they'll lose weight and tend to be more muscular. If your Sim chooses to eat unhealthy, like always munching on pizza, not really exercising, your Sim will tend to gain weight and be less muscular. It's all about the choices your Sim makes and you as the player will make. Sims will not react to their weight however.

Simified: You say that objects and clothing will be able to affect your Sims' moods. Can you go into any more depth on this?
Grant: Clothing in The Sims 4, will use the buffs system (called moodlets in The Sims 3) and they will act as tags on the clothing to give your Sims' different mood changes to help improve their mood. While clothing won't fully alter how your Sim feels, it will help towards changing their mood.

Simified: Can we have baby showers and other parties?
Grant: With The Sims 4 there will be this great new goal based events system that will allow for various types of events. Can't say if baby showers are included with this, but your Sim could setup parties such as a "Singles Event" which would gather all single Sims in the neighborhood. Careers will also use this new events system too, so if your Sim is a Chef for example, Chef's will have special event dinners to attend where that helps relationship with their boss as well as job performance.

Simified: Are babies going to have moving limbs just as back in The Sims 2?
Grant: No comment on this as we are not ready to talk about younger Sims yet.

Simified: Also will babies have more interactions and be able to be held by their children siblings?
Grant: No comment on this as we are not ready to talk about younger Sims yet.

Simified: Will the hair detail and texture in The Sims 4 be improved? Will we see moving hair?
Grant: With The Sims 4, we have a brand new art style, as you have noticed. This new art style does reflect the direction we are going with The Sims 4 however, the game is still in pre-alpha stages so textures on hair you may have seen in Create a Sim or on Sims may be tweaked or improved. As far as moving hair goes, that would require a lot of animations work and would actually affect game performance. We would also need to add more physics into the game just to support the movement of hair. We know this is something people do want, but we just don't have the resources available to make it happen with The Sims 4.

Simified: Will there be a return of cut-scenes in The Sims 4 for important moments in the Sims' lives?
Grant: There are no cut-scenes in The Sims 4 at the moment, but there could be. Not saying yes or no.

http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/post/62013845250/the-sims-4-simifieds-q-a-with-simgurugrant
:storm:

No comment.
That's all I got from that, the rest we already now.
Seriously the game is like a month away, why can't they reveal more substantial info?!

Quote from: White Queen on July 28, 2014, 11:08AM
No comment.
That's all I got from that, the rest we already now.
Seriously the game is like a month away, why can't they reveal more substantial info?!
Lol because they said that they want us to see ourselves when we play the game. :storm:

I don't like the idea of them wanting us to see it for ourselves. I want to know what I am buying.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on July 28, 2014, 02:54PM
I don't like the idea of them wanting us to see it for ourselves. I want to know what I am buying.
Exactly. Again, they're really really sucking at this marketing thing. xD
But I mean I guess once the game comes out we can watch popular YouTubers play the game and judge it there, and see if it's worth buying or not.