THE SIMS 4!

Started by Lightning249539, June 25, 2013, 07:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 04, 2014, 05:40AM #315 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:59AM by White Queen
Quote from: Lightning249539 on September 04, 2014, 03:07AM
I'm waiting till Friday to play mines because of school. And I will let y'all know any bugs or problems I have, but the game looks good and fun so far and the multi tasking looks pretty cool. Also I got the Collectors Book which has some interesting things in it. Is there a way I can upload them for y'all to see? :storm:
I won't be able to get the game. :( I usually get them in physical copy but at the moment it's just to expensive.
And school is starting soon and I need the money for supplies. :'( T_T
So yeah, I'll have to wait until the prices drop. (curse my country for not using the Euro currency like the rest of them)

Edit
Also googled your problem and found the solution on ModTheSims.
Go to TS4 installation folder (should be in your Origin Games folder if you've got the game digitally) then into Game > Bin.
There rename TS4.par to The.Sims.4.Launcher.par (Sims 4 still has a launcher ??)
If it doesn't fix it, I guess rename it back. Idk

So I have been playing the Sims 4 all night and I am really impressed with the emotions. The social interactions have gotten better and hopefully there are more in expansion packs. Also the multitasking is amazing like how Ashaad works out and talks to Don Lothario at the same time. I truly cant wait for the expansion packs to come out! This game is not as bad as I thought. :storm:

Quote from: Lightning249539 on September 07, 2014, 08:23PM
Please let there be a Sims 5 in the next couple of years
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sims-5-Won-t-Happen-Sims-4-Doesn-t-Sell-Says-Producer-67162.html
:storm:

I love the Sims, and have been playing the Sims since there was only Sims 1, but Sims 4 does not live up to what any of the past games had to offer. Specifically 2 and 3. Sims 4 to me feels like a Sims 3 remake, and it's not even a very good one.

They took out countless features to focus on other things to improve the game but I don't think they improved it. By trying to over simplify the controls and layout of the game, it turned out pretty sloppy and almost difficult to use. Navigating around is a lot more complex then the past sims games, and it almost feels like there is to much going on while also feeling like not enough is happening.

I'm not saying I hate Sims 4, but they have a lot to do if I am to consider it good. Not to mention the countless features that should be in the game that they either took out, or that they just haven't put in, such as a height slider.

I think Maxis is also over reacting, I'm sure there are lots of fans who love the game, but if they are going to get upset because other fans don't like it then they really only have themselves to blame. They made it, they took out the features everyone wanted, and there is lots of fan feedback from the games that they could have listened to.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

It's good to read your guys' comments about the game.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to get it.  So far, from what I've read in this forum from those who have already started playing plus my friends, the negative reviews are just slightly ahead of the positive ones.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on September 08, 2014, 02:52PM
I love the Sims, and have been playing the Sims since there was only Sims 1, but Sims 4 does not live up to what any of the past games had to offer. Specifically 2 and 3. Sims 4 to me feels like a Sims 3 remake, and it's not even a very good one.

They took out countless features to focus on other things to improve the game but I don't think they improved it. By trying to over simplify the controls and layout of the game, it turned out pretty sloppy and almost difficult to use. Navigating around is a lot more complex then the past sims games, and it almost feels like there is to much going on while also feeling like not enough is happening.

I'm not saying I hate Sims 4, but they have a lot to do if I am to consider it good. Not to mention the countless features that should be in the game that they either took out, or that they just haven't put in, such as a height slider.

I think Maxis is also over reacting, I'm sure there are lots of fans who love the game, but if they are going to get upset because other fans don't like it then they really only have themselves to blame. They made it, they took out the features everyone wanted, and there is lots of fan feedback from the games that they could have listened to.

They'll put it in an expansion back being 100mb in filesize and call it Fan Stuff.

Quote from: B.L.A.W on October 22, 2014, 04:24PM
They'll put it in an expansion back being 100mb in filesize and call it Fan Stuff.

I wouldn't doubt it. Maxis loves their money that's for sure, we should expect several expansion packs.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

October 24, 2014, 09:58AM #323 Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:00AM by White Queen
I still don't have TS4, and probably won't for some time. (I seriously didn't expect it to be this expensive, plus school is eating up my money xD)
I've read that Ghosts were re-added on October 1st. (they were missing from the base game appearantly.)
Pools will be re-added sometime in November, and new careers will be introduced in December.
All as free updates, so that's cool I guess. Would have been really stupid if EA made people pay for those features.

Images of pools in TS4 from SimsVIP

I'm really happy that they are adding pools, and new careers in the game for FREE! But I'm really looking forward for the expansion packs. :storm:

According to SimsVIP, pools were just added in the newest patch!

So the first new DLC pack technically called the "Game Pack" is going to be released next month in January. It is call the "Outdoor Retreat".

Here is the link below to read about the first DLC Pack for the Sims 4 and new careers!
http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-is-getting-an-outdoorsy-game-pack-next-month-1673213480
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sims-4-Adds-Free-Careers-Outdoor-Pack-Revealed-68995.html

Outdoor Retreat Game Pack Teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EUa-1XmQW4I

New Holiday Pack for the Sims 4!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aRuu9Q7N7L0

Over on The Sims website, Daniel has a top 10 list of things you "need to know about the new careers update". The basics are that there's a new business career path to become an Angel Investor or Business Tycoon. There's also the new athletic career path to become a "Hall of Famer" or the Mr. or Ms. Solar System. Matching outfits have also been added with the new career choices.

New interactive objects have also been included, which bring with them the bonus of being rewarded for interacting with said objects. The career update for The Sims 4 is free, by the way. EA is still on damage control duty over the pools and toddlers fiasco.

January 09, 2015, 04:23PM #329 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:27PM by Lightning249539
The map for Granite Falls