THE SIMS 4!

Started by Lightning249539, June 25, 2013, 07:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The SIms 4 added a new town called Newcrest!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iG5wj0k1pQ&feature=player_embedded

And They are coming out with the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack next week!!
And yes, a Sim guru confirmed that you can woo-hoo in the hot tubs.

http://www.thesims.com/news/perfect-patio-stuff
http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-just-added-a-new-world-for-free-1710663867
:storm:

The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rRnYv2EDq0

July 30, 2015, 06:00AM #364 Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:07AM by Lightning249539
The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack Coming Soon!!

Release Date: August 11, 2015

Introducing the Ice Cream Maker and a free update will include dish washers again!

http://www.thesims.com/news/cool-kitchen-stuff-coming-soon

I still don't understand why dishwashers were left out in the first place.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

lmao, tbh I don't see why they didn't include most of the stuff in the first place, don't get me wrong kudos they're releasing it as free dlc but still. Should've been in the game in the first place
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

August 05, 2015, 03:45PM #367 Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:48PM by Lightning249539
Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack!!
Sims 4 Get Together Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4owA7k9UrY
Details/Pricing: http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/5/9099349/the-sims-4-get-together-expansion-pack
Release Date: Sometime in November

Did they ever add a way to adjust height?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

It seems like they are going hard on expansions this time around.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

August 08, 2015, 10:25AM #371 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:34AM by White Queen
This expansion seems like a type of "filler". With it's only purpose being to leech money while they try to come up with something worthwhile. Was heavily disappointed when they announced it, and then I lost complete interest in it when one of the dev's said on Twitter that there won't be a Life State in this one. (The first time that a Sims main title does not have a Life State since the days of TS1 generation)
Missed opportunity for vampirism if you ask me.

Not to mention they've released 3 Stuff Packs (the third one coming out in a couple of days) in a single year. I don't think they've ever released 3 Stuff Packs in a year (usually just 2), and I feel like they won't stop with Cool Kitchen. Plus there's the whole Game Packs thing, which is just another layer.

EA is getting absolutely desperate for money, I am heavily disappointed with how the 4th Generation of the Sims is progressing. (or should I say regressing)
In a span of half a year, they've released 1 Expansion, 2 Game Packs and 3 Stuff Packs. Instead of developing & releasing so many things in such a short span of time, they could have instead made less DLCs but worked harder into creating truly memorable additions to TS4, with more content and richness, that would ensure a longer play-time before getting bored of it.

I truly miss the days of the TS2 (which in my opinion was the "Golden Age" of the The Sims franchise), where every expansion brought so much rich flavor and content to the game, every EP had 'character' and depth. I remember feeling such excitement reading about them before they were released.
TS3 was really nice too, had a lot of strides in terms of features (Open Worlds, Traits, CAS Improvements), and it had expansions with unique themes that were new, however I felt they still lacked the depth TS2's Expansions had achieved. Don't get me wrong, I love TS3's expansions (Island Paradise and Supernatural are absolutely amazing), it's just it felt like I knew almost everything about the expansion by just reading a bit about it, where as TS2's Expansions, that would barely even scratch the surface.

Also I feel like as the franchise has progressed, the 'difficulty' and 'maturity' of the games has drastically decreased in favor of more (personally unwanted) 'silliness'. Again bringing up TS2, where you actually feel a sense of satisfaction for achieving something, and you get rewarded for that achievement. Managing your relationships and needs was harder in TS2 (not to mention TS1, where needs and relationships were absolute nightmares [in a good way]), whereas in TS3 things got extremely simplified with the loss of the Lifetime Relationship bar in favor of a single Relationship bar. (which was incredibly easy to fill and maintain) The same happened with needs, becoming easier to maintain. (Example: Eating a single serving of pancakes in TS2 would usually fill 1.8/4 of your hunger bar [at low Cooking skill], while in TS3 it would completely fill it up [again at low cooking skill])

The Silliness aspect of the series (I feel like) was significantly magnified for TS4, to levels where it's completely repetitive and annoying. TS1/2 had it's silly moments of course, however they were nicely executed and had a very intriguing style of humor. (Such as The Social Bunny, The Therapist Guy, the Dancing Hula Ladies when your elder sim [who has lived a good life] dies of old age and Nightlife's Ms. Crumplebottom)
Another thing that this 'Silliness' aspect has majorly affected in a negative way (in the 2 recent main titles [TS3/4]) are ghosts.
In the TS2, the Ghosts are truly menacing (in a good way), where I just feel the obligation to either delete the tombstones on my lot (or move them to a cemetery lot) otherwise I risk one of my living Sims dying of Fright (if the ghost scares them). (Plus the creepy ghost sounds that they make just adds to the atmosphere)
In the TS3 (and 4) ghosts are crap. You can do anything with them - marry them, woohoo with them, and even [seriously] have ghost babies with them (as is the case in TS3). Plus they can no longer scare you or anything, they don't really pose any threat to your living Sims' wellbeing, they've just been degraded to an annoyance. (especially the horrendously cheesy music that plays when one comes out of their grave)

And the biggest thing this that has heavily been impacted by this growing "Silliness" and decreasing difficulty is something that is present in nearly all Sims titles (including Spin-offs) - and that is Death. (not the Grim Reaper xD)
In TS1 once a Sim dies (usually happens by fire since it's an extremely probable event in TS1 xD) that's it, you can never truly bring them back in the state that they were before they died. You can bring them back as a Zombie (via Ms. Lucille) but that has negative side-effects such as randomization of Personality Points, loss of Skill levels and the permanent green skin. (Zombie-ism is irreversible)
In TS2, the finality aspect of Death was further magnified with the addition of Life Stages and aging. The only three (non-cheating) methods to bring Sims back is through The Resurrect-O-Nomitron [University EP] (which requires you to be at a certain level in the paranormal career to gain access to it), The Genie Lamp [Freetime EP] (wishing to bring someone back) and an Evil Witch's most powerful spell. [Apartment Life EP]
And all these options have a chance to bring your Sim back as a Zombie (which is as in TS1, irreversible and mostly negative as it renders Sims infertile) [with the Evil Witch's spell bringing the Sim back always as a Zombie]
Plus even though there are ways to preserve your Sim's youth (such as the Elixir of Life), there is no way to revert a Sim back to a previous life state (as is possible in TS3). So if you bring back an Elder Sim, you're still pretty much screwed. (as Elder Sims are pretty useless, and the females are infertile)
In TS3, there are several ways to bring back a Sim, some incredibly easy, some medium in terms of difficulty. Not to mention the several ways to revert aging, and go back to previous life stages. Because of these reasons, Death's sense of finality is further diminished and played down.
We will see how things develop in TS4 in terms of how Death is handled. So far only 2 methods are available (through the base game) to resurrect Sims, and 1 way to revert aging (but not the life stage)

Oh wow, I honestly didn't mean to write such an article xD Originally I just wanted to share my opinion on TS4 Get Together, and got carried away a bit. xD Sorry guys

Quote from: White Queen on August 08, 2015, 10:25AM
This expansion seems like a type of "filler". With it's only purpose being to leech money while they try to come up with something worthwhile. Was heavily disappointed when they announced it, and then I lost complete interest in it when one of the dev's said on Twitter that there won't be a Life State in this one. (The first time that a Sims main title does not have a Life State since the days of TS1 generation)
Missed opportunity for vampirism if you ask me.

Not to mention they've released 3 Stuff Packs (the third one coming out in a couple of days) in a single year. I don't think they've ever released 3 Stuff Packs in a year (usually just 2), and I feel like they won't stop with Cool Kitchen. Plus there's the whole Game Packs thing, which is just another layer.

EA is getting absolutely desperate for money, I am heavily disappointed with how the 4th Generation of the Sims is progressing. (or should I say regressing)
In a span of half a year, they've released 1 Expansion, 2 Game Packs and 3 Stuff Packs. Instead of developing & releasing so many things in such a short span of time, they could have instead made less DLCs but worked harder into creating truly memorable additions to TS4, with more content and richness, that would ensure a longer play-time before getting bored of it.

I truly miss the days of the TS2 (which in my opinion was the "Golden Age" of the The Sims franchise), where every expansion brought so much rich flavor and content to the game, every EP had 'character' and depth. I remember feeling such excitement reading about them before they were released.
TS3 was really nice too, had a lot of strides in terms of features (Open Worlds, Traits, CAS Improvements), and it had expansions with unique themes that were new, however I felt they still lacked the depth TS2's Expansions had achieved. Don't get me wrong, I love TS3's expansions (Island Paradise and Supernatural are absolutely amazing), it's just it felt like I knew almost everything about the expansion by just reading a bit about it, where as TS2's Expansions, that would barely even scratch the surface.

Also I feel like as the franchise has progressed, the 'difficulty' and 'maturity' of the games has drastically decreased in favor of more (personally unwanted) 'silliness'. Again bringing up TS2, where you actually feel a sense of satisfaction for achieving something, and you get rewarded for that achievement. Managing your relationships and needs was harder in TS2 (not to mention TS1, where needs and relationships were absolute nightmares [in a good way]), whereas in TS3 things got extremely simplified with the loss of the Lifetime Relationship bar in favor of a single Relationship bar. (which was incredibly easy to fill and maintain) The same happened with needs, becoming easier to maintain. (Example: Eating a single serving of pancakes in TS2 would usually fill 1.8/4 of your hunger bar [at low Cooking skill], while in TS3 it would completely fill it up [again at low cooking skill])

The Silliness aspect of the series (I feel like) was significantly magnified for TS4, to levels where it's completely repetitive and annoying. TS1/2 had it's silly moments of course, however they were nicely executed and had a very intriguing style of humor. (Such as The Social Bunny, The Therapist Guy, the Dancing Hula Ladies when your elder sim [who has lived a good life] dies of old age and Nightlife's Ms. Crumplebottom)
Another thing that this 'Silliness' aspect has majorly affected in a negative way (in the 2 recent main titles [TS3/4]) are ghosts.
In the TS2, the Ghosts are truly menacing (in a good way), where I just feel the obligation to either delete the tombstones on my lot (or move them to a cemetery lot) otherwise I risk one of my living Sims dying of Fright (if the ghost scares them). (Plus the creepy ghost sounds that they make just adds to the atmosphere)
In the TS3 (and 4) ghosts are crap. You can do anything with them - marry them, woohoo with them, and even [seriously] have ghost babies with them (as is the case in TS3). Plus they can no longer scare you or anything, they don't really pose any threat to your living Sims' wellbeing, they've just been degraded to an annoyance. (especially the horrendously cheesy music that plays when one comes out of their grave)

And the biggest thing this that has heavily been impacted by this growing "Silliness" and decreasing difficulty is something that is present in nearly all Sims titles (including Spin-offs) - and that is Death. (not the Grim Reaper xD)
In TS1 once a Sim dies (usually happens by fire since it's an extremely probable event in TS1 xD) that's it, you can never truly bring them back in the state that they were before they died. You can bring them back as a Zombie (via Ms. Lucille) but that has negative side-effects such as randomization of Personality Points, loss of Skill levels and the permanent green skin. (Zombie-ism is irreversible)
In TS2, the finality aspect of Death was further magnified with the addition of Life Stages and aging. The only three (non-cheating) methods to bring Sims back is through The Resurrect-O-Nomitron [University EP] (which requires you to be at a certain level in the paranormal career to gain access to it), The Genie Lamp [Freetime EP] (wishing to bring someone back) and an Evil Witch's most powerful spell. [Apartment Life EP]
And all these options have a chance to bring your Sim back as a Zombie (which is as in TS1, irreversible and mostly negative as it renders Sims infertile) [with the Evil Witch's spell bringing the Sim back always as a Zombie]
Plus even though there are ways to preserve your Sim's youth (such as the Elixir of Life), there is no way to revert a Sim back to a previous life state (as is possible in TS3). So if you bring back an Elder Sim, you're still pretty much screwed. (as Elder Sims are pretty useless, and the females are infertile)
In TS3, there are several ways to bring back a Sim, some incredibly easy, some medium in terms of difficulty. Not to mention the several ways to revert aging, and go back to previous life stages. Because of these reasons, Death's sense of finality is further diminished and played down.
We will see how things develop in TS4 in terms of how Death is handled. So far only 2 methods are available (through the base game) to resurrect Sims, and 1 way to revert aging (but not the life stage)

Oh wow, I honestly didn't mean to write such an article xD Originally I just wanted to share my opinion on TS4 Get Together, and got carried away a bit. xD Sorry guys
Its fine lol! So are you still getting Sims 4? :storm:

I couldn't agree with you more White Queen.

After playing the Sims 4 for a little I have come to like it some, but I don't think I will like it as much as Sims 3. To be honest I feel like 4 is only an upgraded version of 3 that they removed everything from. EA keeps making all these expansions and packs, it honestly feels like you blink your eyes and there is another one released.

I wish they would focus on more things that could actually make the game better rather then adding more icing to the cake. Life states are such a fun addition to the games, and I have to say I am disappointed they aren't adding another in this next expansion.

It honestly feels like in the Sims 4 that if you left your Sims alone they would probably do better off then if you actually played them. I really feel like I don't have to do anything for them, the only really impact controlling them seems to have is to find them a job, and to help get them a relationship. Otherwise they seem to be able to do everything else just fine on their own.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 08, 2015, 09:17PM
I couldn't agree with you more White Queen.

After playing the Sims 4 for a little I have come to like it some, but I don't think I will like it as much as Sims 3. To be honest I feel like 4 is only an upgraded version of 3 that they removed everything from. EA keeps making all these expansions and packs, it honestly feels like you blink your eyes and there is another one released.

I wish they would focus on more things that could actually make the game better rather then adding more icing to the cake. Life states are such a fun addition to the games, and I have to say I am disappointed they aren't adding another in this next expansion.

It honestly feels like in the Sims 4 that if you left your Sims alone they would probably do better off then if you actually played them. I really feel like I don't have to do anything for them, the only really impact controlling them seems to have is to find them a job, and to help get them a relationship. Otherwise they seem to be able to do everything else just fine on their own.
I agree with yall both, but I would like to have Story Progression in The Sims 4. I honestly don't like rotational gameplay, because I want to focus just on my family. This is another aspect I miss from the Sims 3, because all the other npc had kids, find jobs, and moved out on there own. :storm: