Lakan's List: Introducing -- Sif

Started by Lakan, July 06, 2013, 02:33AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 06, 2013, 02:33AM Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:41AM by Lakan
Attention!
1. Do not sell this mod nor redistribute it outside Marvelmods.com.
2. Inform and credit me if you use/alter part(s) of this mod. 

As the Masters of Evil attack Asgard, the goddess is attacking them back....

DOWNLOAD: Sif Mod Update 1.1

Contents:
Powers:
Slam - slams the ground and pops up opponents.
Cast - throws fiery knife/knives. Increased Hone skills allow her to cast mystic bolt.
Sweep - knocks back enemies with blade.
Slash - hurls the blade causing sharp radial force.
Haunt - thrusts and swings the blade, bleeding and slowing the target down.
Blitz - cleaves a nearby target relentlessly. When charged, her blade hacks multiple targets in a round.
Stab- stabs the target vertically.
Hone - controls almost all the powers of a warrior in Sif. The higher the level here, the better in combat she becomes: variations in blade used, fightstyle/fightstyle combos, power animation.
Lead - makes her aware of the opponents in the map, saves the team's energy consumption, and increases defense.     
Will - Summons Odin's sword and slashes enemies in circumference.

Other Features:
- A set of icons for the powers and another for the passives
- Custom sounds (voice mostly by Huntress and some taunts by Jill)
- 3 skins (original,classic & valkyrie) with corresponding huds & packages
- This mod occupies slot numbers 10302 up to 10304 (backup if these overwrite essential files in the actors & the mannequin folder) 
- A mannequin
- Skeletons by Daredevil(combat) & Thor(idle). She uses default fightstyle (intented to ease the game loading & minimize glitches & crashes).

Needs:
- Additional skin(s)
- Loading screen
- Critiques and help for the improvement of the mod. This is my first mod; so, kindly bear with my shortcomings.

Update1.1:
- limited the fightstyle combos.
- added the Cast skill.
- added variation in the Slash skill move and unlocked it with an early Hone skill.
- merged the Hack and Blitz skills.
- edited the script file to remove the NPC Sif in Valhalla while Sif is part of the team.
- changed the slot number to 103.

Bug:
-None unless you tell me.

My gratitude and thanks to :

- Marvel, Actvision, Raven Software, Vicarious Vision, and Beenox : For the game

- The modders of OfficialChars pack

- Dihan : For the Blink and Psylocke mods which have been great references to Sif's animations

- Overload : For the Sif mannequin

- Hemlot : For the ripped Huntress's voices

- MidnightPhoenix123 : For the Jill mod: for the teleport moves and effects

- Nuhverah : For the custom sounds in the Jill mod

- Cyrus Annihilator who ripped Sif's classic icons from Marvel: Avengers Alliance

If there are still others who are not mentioned, but deserve the credit, please tell me. Missing you is not my intention.

Let's change the play!

And a new mod appears out of the blue 0.0, Plays really nice, although her 3th power isn't working, she freezes in place

I really like her pose, and you made great use of the animations, thanks for this awesome mod :)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

July 06, 2013, 04:41AM #2 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:03AM by Lakan
Thanks for trying her out. I have just tried all her powers and they are working fine. Her third power "Slash" should work when you meet the required Hone skills. I intended this power not to work in her earliest Hone skills; so, as you say she freezes.

Some editing of her powerstyle & talent file is needed to insist this third power on her at the start . Maybe in an update I will do this.

Let's change the play!

3rd power worked for me. 6th power sometime allows to go to places where you cant go normally. Thanks for this awesome mod. Its really cool. :rockon:

July 06, 2013, 05:54AM #4 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:03AM by Lakan
A teleportation sometimes fails as does a guided attack where you hit objects you do not want to hit. There were instances in Mephisto's Realm where Sif would land under the stairs and those   were hellish deaths. This glitch puzzles me and I have no knowledge how to debug it. When I play, I consider them miss attacks or accidents, in hell in particular.

Thanks for downloading and playing the mod. 

Let's change the play!

Wow, nice to see you were able to release her. I'll try her out later this weekend. I look forward to it.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

So, a new modder enters the playing field... Haven't had a chance to play as Sif yet, but she seems solid. If you need a loading screen for her, feel free to use mine as long as I'm credited. It's over at the Creation Station (check the "Misc. Modifications" section.)

This is bad-ass.  I was just playing the game and wondering why no one had done a mod of her!  Thanks for a great debut mod!  Yes, it may be a bit glitchy, but I must say, for a first effort, this is damn good

I briefly tried this one yesterday. Congratulations, it's very impressive work! It's already a very well playable mod, maybe it could use some polishing-up and then it might be one of the greats.

One thing I wasn't so sure of was her sweep movement, which has a huge radius (based on one of Daredevil's powers, I think?). The radius makes it too powerful for a basic move.

It's great to see Sif represented in MUA. She's awesome, one of my fave Marvel heroines.
And with some skin-swapping and a couple of power alterations, I guess this mod could also serve as an excellent basis for Valkyrie, although I'm still hoping for EpicNinja to finish his promising work on that project.

You awesome dude! Where have you been all this time?! :eek:

For it being your first mod, it was certainly one of the best  :bowdown1: I love how you made those combos possible (especially the 4-hit pop-up combo XD). She's PERFECT in all angles I look. Lovely! And thanks for creating this mod!  :thumbsup2:

Yay congratulations for your first mod! Gonna test this now! :)

Thanks for creating this mod! Totally looking forward to this mod! :applause:
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Thanks everyone for the cool responses.

This first modding experience gave me an eye strain. Like you guys, I really love to give more life to Sif's existence in MUA.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on July 08, 2013, 11:49AM
One thing I wasn't so sure of was her sweep movement, which has a huge radius (based on one of Daredevil's powers, I think?). The radius makes it too powerful for a basic move.

The Sweep power is my most favorite of DD's moves. But pardon me if I cannot consider it basic, since it needs level 4 Hone skills. It is more like an "intermediate move" to me after her gaining the required skills for a longer type of blade. Also, it is not that powerful because of its minimal damage. The radial range may be a bit wide, but I should leave it that way, a matter of complement to her Slash power, of which the impact is not done solely by the blade.

Quote from: Zuzu_009 on July 09, 2013, 11:43PM
You awesome dude! Where have you been all this time?! :eek:

For it being your first mod, it was certainly one of the best  :bowdown1: I love how you made those combos possible (especially the 4-hit pop-up combo XD). She's PERFECT in all angles I look. Lovely! And thanks for creating this mod!  :thumbsup2:

Where have I been? I have posted about this in the modding section.

Thanks for the nice comment. I thought I am overdoing her with the popup combos, especially when she is facing one opponent only. I like her popup then grab_smash combo and her light combo attacks as well (because of the combos, I seldom use her powers). An itchy bug with her other combo attacks though: maybe in the update, I could synchronize her combo moves better (I have not learnt this modding skill yet) or just limit some eventually.     

Let's change the play!

QuoteThe Sweep power is my most favorite of DD's moves. But pardon me if I cannot consider it basic, since it needs level 4 Hone skills. It is more like an "intermediate move" to me after her gaining the required skills for a longer type of blade. Also, it is not that powerful because of its minimal damage. The radial range may be a bit wide, but I should leave it that way, a matter of complement to her Slash power, of which the impact is not done solely by the blade.

Aspects appearing after certain leveling-up/power investment: that's astonishing work! I apologise for not realising that - I had tried the mod by activating all powers and raising the level to 99.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on July 13, 2013, 10:29AM
Aspects appearing after certain leveling-up/power investment: that's astonishing work! I apologise for not realising that - I had tried the mod by activating all powers and raising the level to 99.

It is not your fault at all. You have a different style of playing, and I do not play the way you do. I would play MUA at level one, normal  mode, just to keep me happy wondering what are coming at the next  level. High level characters no longer thrill me since they are hardly vincible. Along this line, this mod is created. You're right that there are aspect investments. I put weapon/fightstyle/power variations in Sif as she levels up with the Hone skill just to add changes the way players usually experience the game. I should have made the Hone skill description clearer. Sorry for that.

Let's change the play!