The Sims

Started by Midnightphoenix, July 25, 2013, 02:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 25, 2013, 02:05PM Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:07PM by midnightphoenix123
Since I'm sure they are some Sim fans on here, I thought it would be nice to create this topic since it gets talked about in other parts of the forum, might as well have a home for it.

They just announced The Sims 3: Into the Future

QuoteFire up the Time Portal and send your Sims to their most exciting destination yet: a new world that exists hundreds of years in the future! Pre-Order The Sims 3 Into the Future and let your Sims explore a whole new way of life! http://www.thesims.com/en_US/the-sims-3-into-the-future

Game Description:

Fire up the Time Portal and send your Sims to their most exciting destination yet: The future!
Explore a bold new world, hundreds of years in the future, where your Sims can hone their Advanced Technology Skills to get the most out of advanced science and tech.

Have your Sims cruise around on hoverboards and jetpacks, traveling via monorail or tube elevator, or just get creative with futuristic hairstyles and clothing! Create and customize Plumbots with Create-A-Bot and use their "trait chips" to program them with a wide variety of customizable behaviors to demonstrate around your house.

Teleport between present and future worlds at will, and experiment with how your Sims' actions in the present can have surprising effects on their own legacy, their descendants, and even the way of life for future Sims!

Features:

Take Your Sims to the Future - For the first time in The Sims franchise, you can play with life in the future! Enter the Time Portal and take your Sims to a new world that exists hundreds of years in the future where they can explore a whole new way of life.

Experiment with Future Technology - Witness how new technologies for entertainment, transportation, or the home will reinvent the way your Sims eat, sleep, travel, socialize, work, and have fun. Your Sims can learn how to use this all-new technology in the future and take their Advanced Technology Skill back to the present to get the most out of these objects there!

Change Life in the Future - Your Sims' present-day actions will lay the groundwork for their future legacy. Your Sims can even meet their future descendants and change their destinies by actions taken in the present! With opportunities to alter the fate of the future, will your Sims strive to create an ultra-utopian society or a world of chaos?

Tell New Stories with the All-New Create-A-Bot - Build and customize a variety of Plumbots and add them to your Sims' household! Create unique "trait chips" that you can then use to program your Plumbots. With the ability to hold up to seven trait chips, these Plumbots are bound to act and behave in surprising ways. What would happen if you combined the Robonanny and Sinister Circuits chips?

Buy and Build the Homes of the Future - Futurize your Sims' homes with holographic TVs, easels, plants and computers, and zip between floors through tube elevators. Install automatic-sliding doors, peaceful rooftop gardens, and glass floors and walls to give their homes that perfect futuristic touch. The home of the future is whatever you want it to be!

Play with a New World Hundreds of Years into the Future – Strap on a jetpack and visit a futuristic shopping plaza to browse and purchase the latest gadgets and apparel from a variety of interactive pedestals. Enjoy a delicious synthesized meal served by Plumbots in the outdoor café. Take on futuristic careers by becoming a Plumbot dealer or a renowned astronomer at Stellar Observatory. Or, go way out to explore the vast wasteland – who knows, your Sims might find rare relics and perhaps clues as to what happened to the ocean!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

July 26, 2013, 01:01AM #1 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:06AM by White Queen
I'm really excited for this expansion pack, because it has features never before seen in the Sims series.
I also think it's a great way to end the third generation of Sims. :P
Movie Stuff is actually the second Stuff Pack that I'm actually interested in getting, the first being Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
( I know the stuff in Sweet Treats is weird but I love Katy Perry and candy, Don't judge me :O! xD lol )
I can't wait for the big Sims 4 reveal at Gamescom, I wonder how its gonna look like.

Edit: But wait :O There's no ocean in Arcadia Landing?! ..... My mermaid sims aren't gonna be happy. D:

I'm really excited for this too, the whole idea of it sounds so cool!

I am excited for The Sims 4, but I hope it doesn't come out to close to when they stop work on The Sims 3.

Is Movie stuff out yet? I can't remember, I have Sweet Treats. It's alright, I never really use any of the stuff from it though.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on July 26, 2013, 07:40AM
I'm really excited for this too, the whole idea of it sounds so cool!

I am excited for The Sims 4, but I hope it doesn't come out to close to when they stop work on The Sims 3.

Is Movie stuff out yet? I can't remember, I have Sweet Treats. It's alright, I never really use any of the stuff from it though.
Movie Stuff comes out on September 10th in the US and 12th in Europe. It's the last stuff pack for Sims 3.
Into the Future coming out on October 22nd, while Sims 4 will come out early 2014. Around April or May, maybe the date will change.

And I absolutely adore the logo!

Also!

I do like the logo, but I do believe it's a little bland. Oh well. I really hope Sims 4 is more then just an updated Sims 3 with better graphics.

For me, Sims 2 was better than Sims 3.  I think that's mostly based on the mods I had been using in Sims 2.  Sims 3 just couldn't compare.  I still haven't been able to find Sims 3 mods that were comparable to Sims 2.

I'm wondering how different Sims 4 will be.  Whatever they come up with, I hope it's extemely "moddable."  :)
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I like Sims 2 better aswell,

I didn't like the whole cartoony feel sims 3 had, and hated that the game consisted of a lot more of 'buildings' that you couldn't enter, hopefully, they'll improve that in sims 4
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I liked Sims 2, but didn't play it nearly as much as Sims 3 so I must say I like Sims 3 better. Plus the Sims in 3 can take care of themselves much better then they can in Sims 2, but I do agree that Sims 3 isn't as moddable in some aspects as 2. I do still use a lot of mods in 3 though like new hair styles, clothes, game mods.

I hope Sims 4 brings together what made 2 and 3 great and expand on that, and I agree Polygone. 3 had far to many buildings you couldn't even go in.

The Sims 3: Into the Future is finally released! AHH EXCITED! :D
But I still haven't gotten Into the Future, cuz it's gonna be released 2 days later in EU. >.> Sigh.

Quote from: White Queen on October 22, 2013, 10:23AM
The Sims 3: Into the Future is finally released! AHH EXCITED! :D
But I still haven't gotten Into the Future, cuz it's gonna be released 2 days later in EU. >.> Sigh.

Thanks for the update! I am so excited for Into the Future it looks really awesome!

So my current family in The Sims 3 is really interesting.
It started out as a single woman named Victoria Strong, she really likes cooking and aspires to become a Five Star Chief.
She also dislikes anything Supernatural ( She has the Supernatural Skeptic trait ) and prefers to live a life as normal as possible.
Which is ironic, since I put her in Moonlight Falls (the Supernatural infested world that came with the Sims 3: Supernatural) xD

There she met a guy named Joe MacDuff, who comes from a family of Witches, he himself (unlike all of his siblings) is not a witch, since his mother is also not a witch, so he probably wasn't lucky and didn't recieve the witch gene or whatever. (Since ya know supernatural lifestates are genetic)
So anyways, they got engaged and married and had a daughter.

I named her Esme, and she unlike her mother (more irony), loves Supernatural things and later got the Alchemy Artisan lifetime wish, which is to maximise her Alchemy Skill and use 50 elixirs.
So when she became a teenager, she became more rebelious.
She learned the alchemy skill, and I sent her around town to find gems, insects and stuff ( as ingredients for elixirs )
Then she made a Bottled Witches' Brew elixir, and used it to turn herself into a witch.

Later she met three elder witch sisters (Beatrice, Belinda and Bianca) who are actually parodies of the original Halliwell sisters from Charmed. (Prue, Piper and Phoebe)
So by the time she became a young adult, her mom (Victoria) had already died from old age, and Esme used the Philosopher Stone ( which is also an item from Supernatural) and used it to bind Victoria's ghost to the mortal realm. Basically making her a playable ghost.
Joe was still alive (elder) since he was actually younger than Victoria, 6 days ish younger.

So anyway, Esme moved in with Belinda and Bianca (Beatrice, the eldest had died from old age by the time), and Esme had made two Fountain of Youth elixirs, which reverted Belinda and Bianca back to young adults.
Then I downloaded a Halliwell Manor house lot, and moved them there. xD

During full moons, zombies appeared and since none of the witches had the Sunlight charm yet (Sunlight Charm removes magic curses and zombie-ism), Esme made several Cure Elixirs to defend her garden from Zombies. (Since the garden was the main source of alchemy ingredients) and that kinda made me feel as if Im making Vanquish potions and fighting demons. xD lol

So, currently, Esme is in Oasis Landing ( the future ) where I'm building a home, and planning on moving the family there.