How to add a new Hud Head for a character

Started by manak, September 11, 2013, 03:27AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello does anyone know how to add  a new Hud Head for a character. Idownload some Hud heads for some characters from Marvelmods but i do not know how to add them what is the step by step to adding a hud head thank you
HARV S SIDHU

Well, for a HUD, I assumed you replaced a skin, so lets say I replaced skin 3101, and want a new hud

1 ) Find the Hud. Mostly named something like hud_head_xxxx
2 ) Replace xxxx by your skin number, in my example 3101 (so hud_head_3101)
3 ) Go to your hud folder in your main game directory, and replace the hud
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

September 12, 2013, 01:37PM #2 Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:47PM by manak
Thanks I did that but their is no hud head when i start the game and pick the skin say 5th or 6th skin on the side its a blank spot for the character do you have to do something with xmlbcui compile decompile i also made pkgb files for my 5th and 6th skins and the hud head for my #1 skin keeps showing up if i do that please help thanks
HARV S SIDHU

Inside both pkgb files, does the hud head # match the skin number?

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Yup inside  both pkgb files the hud head number matches the skin number for example if my 5th skin number is 17006 then i will name the hud head hud _head _17006.igb and put it in the hud folder
HARV S SIDHU

There's no reason your HUDS shouldn't show up if you've:

- renamed your HUD to hud_head_17006.igb and placed it in your HUD folder.

- created new package files for 5th skin that references that hud and skin number (17006) inside, called hulk_17006.pkgb and hulk_17006_nc.pkgb and placed in the packages/generated/characters folder.

- input the following in the herostat:

skin_05 = 06 ;
   skin_05_name = [skinname] ;

There could be an issue w/ the HUD maybe. Which hud are you trying to use?

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Quote from: manak on September 12, 2013, 09:58PM
Yup inside  both pkgb files the hud head number matches the skin number for example if my 5th skin number is 17006 then i will name the hud head hud _head _17006.igb and put it in the hud folder
If you're not getting it, you need to use the XMLBcui program, decompile your package files and edit the xml file, inside of it you'll see the names of the skin and hud that need to be changed, and compile the xml with the same program.

Quote from: Harpua1982 on September 13, 2013, 02:57AM
There's no reason your HUDS shouldn't show up if you've:

- renamed your HUD to hud_head_17006.igb and placed it in your HUD folder.

- created new package files for 5th skin that references that hud and skin number (17006) inside, called hulk_17006.pkgb and hulk_17006_nc.pkgb and placed in the packages/generated/characters folder.

- input the following in the herostat:

skin_05 = 06 ;
   skin_05_name = [skinname] ;

There could be an issue w/ the HUD maybe. Which hud are you trying to use?
i am trying to use the hud head for the hulk proffesor skin its made by i think Darkmark the person that made the official characters mod i tryed installing his hulk mod which was seperate from official characters it has the proffesor skin thats what i wanted but it did not work so i just took the skin and put it in the 6th skin slot the skin works but hud head does not  i did everthing i needed to do useing xmblc compiled and decompiled thank you
HARV S SIDHU

Why are you not using any punctuation in your posts?

Quote from: manak on September 13, 2013, 06:16PM
i am trying to use the hud head for the hulk proffesor skin its made by i think Darkmark the person that made the official characters mod i tryed installing his hulk mod which was seperate from official characters it has the proffesor skin thats what i wanted but it did not work so i just took the skin and put it in the 6th skin slot the skin works but hud head does not  i did everthing i needed to do useing xmblc compiled and decompiled thank you

Can you send me the link to the skin and hud you are trying to add? I'll have a look at it.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Quote from: MelloMods on September 14, 2013, 03:44AM
Can you send me the link to the skin and hud you are trying to add? I'll have a look at it.  Hello this is the link to the Hulk character mod made by Dark_Mark  I used the Skin Professor and Hud Head from this character mod because the full character mod did not work for me. Skin and hud head Number is 17003. This is the link  http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2029.0.html. Thank You Mellomods for helping me out.
HARV S SIDHU

September 15, 2013, 06:10AM #11 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:19AM by MelloMods
Is this what you are looking for?

If so, this is exactly what I did to get the skin and the HUD to show up in game as the 5th skin.

• D/L'd Dark Mark's Hulk Mod
  • Copy/pasted 17003.igb (actors folder) and hud_head_17003.igb (HUD folder) onto my desktop.
  • renamed 17003.igb to 17005.igb
  • renamed hud_head_17003.igb to hud_head_17005.igb
  • Decompiled my herostat (data folder) to my desktop and hit edit.
  • input the code below under Hulks 4th skin in his herostat entry.

skin_05 = 05 ;
   skin_05_name = Professor ;

• hit file/save
  • Compiled the herostat to my desktop w/ xmlbcui (making sure it is compiled as herostat.engb)
  • Decompiled Hulk_17001.pkgb (located in packages/generated/characters) to my desktop.
  • hit file/edit
  • changed the very first entry for actor skin from 17001 to 17005
  • changed the hud_head entry from hud_head_17001 to hud_head_17005
  • hit file/save
  • compiled back to my desktop but in the output, I compiled it as Hulk_17005.pkgb
  • Decompiled Hulk_17001_nc.pkgb to the desktop
  • hit file/edit
  • I see 17001 twice (one being hud_head_17001) so I change both of those to 17005
  • hit file/save
  • then (w/ XMLBCUI) I compiled it to the desktop as Hulk_17005_nc.pkgb

Now, all of the files I need are on my desktop. Now, I need to place them into the games files.
You should have 5 files that are important: 17005.igb, hud_head_17005.igb, herostat.engb, Hulk_17005.pkgb and Hulk_17005_nc.pkgb.

• 17005.igb goes in the actors folder
  • hud_head_17005.igb goes in the HUD folder
  • herostat.engb goes in the data folder
  • Hulk_17005.pkgb AND Hulk_17005_nc.pkgb both go in the packages/generated/characters folder

Once I am able to test by starting the game and see that Hulk's professor skin and HUD are indeed included in the game, I can now delete all of those files I made on the desktop. Unless, of course, you just dragged them into the games files (as opposed to copy/pasting) and they are no longer on the desktop.

NOTE: it doesn't matter which pkgb files you choose to decompile, just make sure that you change all of those numbers inside the pkgb to 17005 and rename the packages to 17005 when you compile them back.

The reason why I am telling you to place all of the files on the desktop is b/c sometimes (w/ me anyway) compiling doesn't work b/c it requires Administrative permissions to save that file in the games file. This way you are creating a new file on the desktop and essentially overwriting the old file when you place it into the game's files.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^