Cabral's mods (M: The Sentry/ Void, Loki, Odin, Thor, Sif. NM: MK, SW, ANIME).

Started by Julio Cabral, September 24, 2013, 06:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nice to see a new type of mod like that.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Hobgoblin on January 17, 2014, 04:08AM
Could you do something with the music from the Avengers movie? I always thought that really suited the heroic action,
It's done. Check the 1st page for download, I put it in Ultron's mission. Also Ghost Rider and Iron man now have movie music.

Thank you, excellent work!
Is it difficult to convert soundfiles to what the game requires? So great that you figured it out though, these game mods bring a whole new kind of enhancements/customisation to the MUA experience!

Hey, bub, great job on the mods! I've been downloading them and having some grand fun. The background music mods are especially appreciated; there's just something Epic about the appropriated music.

I've a question though. When I took Loki out on a new playthrough, he can't fight, well, Loki. If I solo run with him, the game freezes during the Spire's Ascent boss fight; if I don't bring him, I just get the "Loki is no longer KO'd" message thing as soon as I touch down on Attilan. Seems like the hero!Loki replaces the villain!Loki, sort of, so that the boss battle is literally against the Loki in your mod (found out the hard way when he used the mod's powers against me whilst I was soloing Thor). Did I do something wrong, or is this the way it's meant to work?
Mutatis mutandis. Si non confectus, non reficiat.

February 13, 2014, 10:01AM #65 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:22AM by Odinson012
Quote from: LikeAnEagle on February 13, 2014, 09:33AM
Seems like the hero!Loki replaces the villain!Loki, sort of, so that the boss battle is literally against the Loki in your mod (found out the hard way when he used the mod's powers against me whilst I was soloing Thor). Did I do something wrong, or is this the way it's meant to work?
Oh, no. I haven't test that, but it's possible that is a conflict with the talent file. I must fix that. Thanks for let me know.
Try changing the Loki herostat. Put "Loki Laufeyson" in character name instead of just "Loki". The problem is that in the herostat is a "charactername = Loki"(the hero) and in the npcstat is also a "charactername = Loki", that's the conflict.

Quote from: Odinson012 on February 13, 2014, 10:01AM
Oh, no. I haven't test that, but it's possible that is a conflict with the talent file. I must fix that. Thanks for let me know.
Try changing the Loki herostat. Put "Loki Laufeyson" in character name instead of just "Loki". The problem is that in the herostat is a "charactername = Loki"(the hero) and in the npcstat is also a "charactername = Loki", that's the conflict.

You should rather use loki_hero as the name to avoid confusion. That's pretty much what has been done for official character mods as well. Also, no blank space can be used. Let me give an example.

Let's say Green Goblin is a boss character, but I want to add Ultimate Green Goblin as a playable.

stats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 9 ;
   characteranims = 161_greengoblin ;
   charactername = Green Goblin ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 10 ;
   mind = 10 ;
   moveset1 = moveset_flying ;
   name = greengoblin ;

The above represents the "boss" character. It's actually the herostat code but just pretend it is. Notice how "charactername" and "name" are different? "Charactername" represents the name shown in-game. "Name" represents the identifier needed to ensure that it's the only "greengoblin" in the game, and no other character have that identifier.

Now watch the Ultimate Green Goblin code:

stats {
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 9 ;
   canthrowally = true ;
   characteranims = 161_ultgreengoblin ;
   characteranimsclass = humanoid_large ;
   charactername = The Green Goblin ;
   ignoreboundsscaling = true ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 18 ;
   mind = 7 ;
   name = ultgreengoblin ;

See there? Same thing. But I gave them separate "name" identifiers to make sure the mod and the boss character doesn't collide.

With that said, you should update Loki and give him "loki_hero" or something, whatever you prefer, as long as it's not taken by the boss character. It'll prevent confusion for people who like your mod.

Hope this helps.

Quote from: B.L.A.W on February 13, 2014, 03:42PM
Hope this helps.
Yes, it does. Thanks Blaw. I was kinda having an idea about it and already fix it. This is the new fix file:
http://www.4shared.com/archive/1PBbjmhaba/LOKIFIX2.html
It was the "name = loki", now I have change it for  "name = lokih", the charactername remain as just Loki. I have fixed the packages, talent, sounds, scripts, no more conflicts with boss Loki.
Also thanks to LikeAnEagle for the feedback.
Plus I have add a new custom skin: The Dark World.
I can't update my first page from my mobile, so this link will be here for now.
Notes: backup the icons in case of bugs.
Report any problem.

February 13, 2014, 10:54PM #68 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:27PM by LikeAnEagle
Whoa, didn't expect to see such fast action! I was genuinely thinking I'd made some noobish mistake and installed him wrong or something. Thanks for the update and help! Will download and try the fix immediately.

Update: Tried him out in-game. Loki v Loki now works, but he suddenly lacks menu sounds (both the callout when he is selected and his "No-one can defeat the God of Mis-" (sic) which he usually says before the game interrupts him to exit the selection menu. Icons work just fine, no bugs there. The TDW skin is a nice addition, though!

Quote from: LikeAnEagle on February 13, 2014, 10:54PM
but he suddenly lacks menu sounds (both the callout when he is selected and his "No-one can defeat the God of Mis-" (sic) which he usually says before the game interrupts him to exit the selection menu. The TDW skin is a nice addition, though!
I haven't create menu sounds for him. Where do you get those from?:D

Ah, then I must have gotten them from Outsider's booster. When the Loki mod was updated, I did a clean install without the booster, to be on the safe side. Sorry for the false alarm.

I believe it may actually be in the x-voice. Before Odinson's mod there was an attempted team work mod for Loki, i think a few mods around that time had callouts put into x-voice in anticipation of their releases and i think Loki was one of them.

Fox handles that i believe, so maybe he can confirm this.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Yes, Oddark is correct.  Loki is included in the most recent x_voice release.  He has a menu callout and a break where he says, "None can defeat the god of mischief."

Hmmm, I am thinking that the x_voice file will have to be edited since the character name of "loki" was changed to "lokih."
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I can download it and see what's going on. Thanks Fox and Oddark.

If that's indeed to be done, maybe a different sound can be added instead for the menu break? Because I'm pretty sure he never manages to say more than "NONE can defeat the god of mis-", and while it's a bit funny at first, eventually it's a touch annoying. Dude never gets to finish what he's saying.