All About Comics *Spoilers*

Started by Midnightphoenix, September 26, 2013, 04:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 26, 2013, 04:18PM Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:46PM by Midnightphoenix
SPOILERS AHEAD

So I'm sure there are some people around here that read comics, have read comics, or keep a watch on the ongoing events taking place in comics. So I thought we should have a thread dedicated to comics.

Here you can post all about current things happening in comics, speculatioins you may have, new comics coming out, rumors, spoilers, discussion of older comics, or anything comic related.

And this topic is not limited to Marvel, you can talk about DC, Image, Dark Horse, whatever you want.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So a story-line currently titled Trial, will be facing the X-Men most likely after the current Battle of the Atom story-line. And the lettering looks some what like fire. It has been rumored that this is a trial by fire, and some believe this could be the next chapter in the "Phoenix Saga." Currently in the comics their is a young Jean Grey from the past, as well as a Jean Grey from the future, and a character that looks much like Quentin Quire has appeared from the future and looks like he may have some connection to the Phoenix Force. So some believe something is going to go down involving Jean and the Phoenix.

I am a bitr worried if this is true, its all rumors right now, but we all know what happens when they do these things.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

No lie I was just about to make a topic of this subject. Lol great minds think alike!

Well, I follow three comic series at the moment.
Young Avengers 2013, Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men.
If course I do buy issues from other comic series when there are crossovers or part of a storyline.
Like the Battle of the Atom, for example.

Quote from: Me on September 26, 2013, 09:33PM
No lie I was just about to make a topic of this subject. Lol great minds think alike!

Haha how funny! I thought it was due time for sure.

I keep up with comics but I don't buy any of the new titles.

I've been trying to collect like the Uncanny X-men comics starting at Messiah Complex then further on. I think that would be a good place to start. >_< after that the Marvel NOW! I'm planning on collecting is the All New X-Men and Deadpool.

Also I only buy the graphic novels. The issues are cool and all but I like to have them collected in a series other that having over 1000 issues.

I buy older comics and what not, but I usually only keep up with the current stuff online. I do wish I could buy some of the All New X-Men comics, maybe I will get around to that.

I have been really confused with some of what has been going on lately though with Age of Ultron, and now Battle of the Atom which isn't really all that confusing. Although I am really looking forward to seeing what happens in the Ultimate comics now that the 616 Galactus has stopped by.

September 28, 2013, 04:34PM #7 Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:17PM by mj fan
QuoteI am really looking forward to seeing what happens in the Ultimate comics now that the 616 Galactus has stopped by.
Ahh yes! Sounds interesting! :P Hope it won't finish like the new AOA universe xDD

@Also i'm veeery happy concerning that scene
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/son_of_storm/
I like the way the fight ends actually haha!! she has Scott, that's enough, Aaand finally these stupid cuckoos got what they deserved lol cause they were cooooonstantly saying that they were better than 16 years old jean ""she is untrained, weak.." blablabla We are 10 times the psychic she is" or so.. always with their snarky comments...that was enough lol
I buy older comics too :)

About this "Trial" event.. again, I think there are tooo much characters, and i don't clearly see the main goal of it... that's frustating! And.. see Quentin Quire with Phoenix force? oO that's even worst! All of that for what? Time will tell
It's been a while i didn't buy any comic books except All new xmen n1...I'm agree, now I'm really confused about this ... As i said before I'll just wait to see if the serie really worth it For now I don't clearly see the point of it..we'll see.

I'd imagine this could be the event that is going to give us a regular Jean back in continuity. Perhaps the Phoenix Force is coming to put the Earth on trial for the timestream disruption screwing up it's own plans.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Oddark123 on September 28, 2013, 08:05PM
I'd imagine this could be the event that is going to give us a regular Jean back in continuity. Perhaps the Phoenix Force is coming to put the Earth on trial for the timestream disruption screwing up it's own plans.

That sounds like it would be an awesome plot.

So it appears confirmed now the universe is going to be putting O5 Jean Grey on trial for the Phoenix stuff. And it's the story for a All-New X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy cross over.
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Also as of today's issue Future Beast thinks the O5 doing so much damage to the time stream and the AoU aftermath, they can't go back :O

And in other news for the All-New Marvel Now
- There's going to be a New-New Warriors book. Justice and Speedball are putting together a new team and it's going to include Kid Nova (aka Sam, i've just been calling him Kid Nova because it's probably what will happen when Richard Rider comes back), Kaine and Hummingbird and some new characters.

- Loki, Punisher, Elektra, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, Rhodey (in the Iron Patriot armor for the time being over the War Machine armor) and a new Ghost Rider are getting solos.

- Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is joining the Thunderbolts team

- A new Avengers book is coming as Avengers World.

- X-Factor and Secret Avengers are getting a reshuffle

- They also announced some new arcs and one of them has a new enemy for Captain America, named Dr. Mindbubble. And i kid you not he's a super solider from the 60s who was also dosed with LSD in the super solider serum, meaning Cap's gonna have a mad hatter like bad guy. While a strange choice, i think it sounds damn awesome!

Mindbubble? xD, excited for all the characters getting solo's!
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Thanks for all the information! It all sounds so exciting!

I think it would be pretty cool if the O5 X-Men stay in the present, unless of course something terrible happens to the time stream haha. I also just saw that the 5 are all finally getting new costumes for the Guardians of the Galaxy crossover, they look pretty neat, and it looks like Angel may be joining the O5 again.