All About Comics *Spoilers*

Started by Midnightphoenix, September 26, 2013, 04:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I finished Battle of the Atom earlier this week. And I must say i was not expecting THAT to happen. I have been reading All-New X-men and Avengers A.I. (which I really like) and am looking forwarded to the return of my favorite character, Nightcrawler!

The end of Battle of Atom was crazy, I'm not to sure how I feel about the switch. Kitty is one of my favorite comic book characters and it just felt right with her on Wolverine's team, but now that her and the O5 are switching teams it will be interesting to see what happens.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

November 06, 2013, 08:52AM #19 Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:05AM by White Queen
Hm, interesting.
In the cover she looks really cool.
It's promising, I really like the concept of her being Muslim and a teenage girl in school.
Wish they kept her photonic energy manipulation, super strength and flight power though. :P

Quote from: Techon 7 on November 05, 2013, 06:24PM
I'm just wondering, who gets Lockheed?

Ahh I forgot about him, maybe he will travel with Kitty or just stay back.

I saw the thing about the new Ms. Marvel, pretty interesting. I do agree that they should have at least given her similar powers but shape-shifting could be cool for her I suppose.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Techon 7 on January 15, 2014, 04:20PM
Marvel announced the Peter parker is returning.
http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/1/13/21743/all-new_marvel_now_qa_amazing_spider-man

About time. Getting rid of him was a dumb idea anyway.

I think Marvel really needs to figure their stuff out. I honestly really wish they would just reboot everything.

Totally disagree. Superior Spider-Man's an awesome read and I truly think Dan Slott's the best Spidey writer ever. (Coming from someone with a large collection, familiar with all the Spider-Scribes.) As for other titles, I'm a bit behind on current runs, but I think most of Marvel's big writers tend to do a really good job: Hickman, Remender and David especially. Waid, Bendis, Fraction and Aaron overall too, but depending on the title.

I just find it a shame that things like Peter's return are revealed months before it actually happens. I would have preferred big reveals to remain surprises. But these days, I'd have to disconnect the internet in order to properly avoid spoilers...

January 16, 2014, 03:40PM #24 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:46PM by Midnightphoenix
Quote from: Hobgoblin on January 16, 2014, 12:55AM
Totally disagree. Superior Spider-Man's an awesome read and I truly think Dan Slott's the best Spidey writer ever. (Coming from someone with a large collection, familiar with all the Spider-Scribes.) As for other titles, I'm a bit behind on current runs, but I think most of Marvel's big writers tend to do a really good job: Hickman, Remender and David especially. Waid, Bendis, Fraction and Aaron overall too, but depending on the title.

I just find it a shame that things like Peter's return are revealed months before it actually happens. I would have preferred big reveals to remain surprises. But these days, I'd have to disconnect the internet in order to properly avoid spoilers...

I feel most things get announced way before they actually happen. And yes I agree, the writers are doing an amazing job, but the whole universe is just a mess right now I believe. I miss comics back from the 60's-90's and maybe even early 2000's  when things were much more simpler, ideas were new and even the art style. Now it seems they struggle to do new things because they have done most things already, so they bring back old plots again and again.

Avengers vs X-Men, bringing back the Phoenix, The Trial of Jean Grey, bringing back the Phoenix Saga. I only keep up with current comics online, because I feel as though most of them aren't even worth the money to buy them. I admit there are some good plots and things happening now, but all they do is cancel, reboot comics back to number 1, bring back old plots. I want to see new fresh ideas.

I can see where you're coming from there. I often long for a 'simpler' Marvel Universe as it's always been until 10 years ago, when every year suddenly had to have a Big Event, usually resulting in relaunces of titles. Rosters can't stay the same for more than 12 issues max, storylines in titles can rarely be kept outside of the influence of crossovers. Look at Wikipedia's listing of Marvel's crossover events: the 80s had 9, the 90s had 7, the 2000s had 12... and the 2010s already have 15! Insanity!!!

I really don't need all those events in order to be interested in the titles, I'd rather have some breathers and have titles -including Avengers- truly be able to develop their own storylines. Regarding Avengers, I can't imagine runs which feel like Steve Englehart's or Roger Stern's happening these days, even if Jonathan Hickman's an excellent writer.

But on the other hand, I really enjoyed most of those crossovers of the past years and I personally wouldn't say the Marvel Universe is a mess right now. That viewpoint may depend on the exact titles I'm reading (I'm not reading X-Men for example, I think some of you guys are more passionate on whatever's going on in those books), and of course on me being a bit behind - I used to read on-line but I stopped when I familiarized myself enough with the characters and with the writers. Now I get my comics in trade paperbacks, and sometimes I miss the window when pre-ordering's cheaper than the release price.

SPOILERS:

So for anyone keeping up with or not keeping up with the X-Men comics, two big bads are being resurrected and joining up with the Sisterhood.

Hell yeah :D, awesome news!
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

She looks like a Titan from Attack on Titan lol :D

She kind of does look like a Titan actually haha

And I agree I am excited for both of them to be back, although I don't believe Maddie showed up in that issue.