How do I replace boss skins? Please help!

Started by serabo, September 30, 2013, 09:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello Everyone,

I've been installing mods from some time now, but I'm trying to do something different.

Does anyone know how to replace boss characters with mod skins? I've backed up the original .igb files of Piledriver, Scorpion, ultron, mysterio, ulik, shocker etc. and replaced them with B.L.A.W's Luthor, Joker, Bane, Grundy, and other skins and I havent been getting any luck. the characters wouldn't change, and they would barely attack. I've been told replacing them is the same as replacing hero skins but it hasn't worked for me. Please someone help.

Thank you.

There's also some coding involved in the NPCstat file. You will have to use XMLBcui to edit the file. All villains are defined in there, with the skins they use and with the skeletons as well.

If you're looking for full villain replacement and not just skins, the above is required but also editing map files is required. For example, if you want to replace Scorpion on the heli carrier with Joker, then you will have to edit the map files and replace every Scorpion with Joker in the files, and find the entry in the NPCStat that has Scorpion in it (Note: NOT UltraScorpion, that's the second Scorpion encounter in the game) and replace it with Joker.

Hope this helps more.

I downloaded xmlbcui program and I don't think I've quite gotten he knack of it. Every time I try to compile or decompile the stat file comes up in a coded mess. I think I'm gonna hold off trying for a while. Maybe someone will make a total conversion mod in the future. Thanks anyway for ur help and suggestions.