Blackbolt Mod (COMPLETED!)

Started by Buddhabear100, August 10, 2007, 11:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
lol i would take away his sound from the herostat. there'll be chaos everytime he talks. :P iron man's powerset is fine with me. this would be my idea of powerset for black bolt
luke's jab for the master blow
iron man's uppercut move is okay i guess
iron man's nano attack (not sure with the name) i really like this one. it fits perfectly the only prob is the anim should look like he's kinda shouting?
the only skill i dont like for black bolt is the skill of iron man. those beams that he fires and that bounces off walls. maybe just change it to something like cyc's optic beam to make it look like he's shooting electron beams from his antenna.

end rant. ;)

I was playing with Dark Mark's Magneto and noticed a power that would work perfect with Black Bolt. The power "shock waves" simulates Black Bolt's sonic scream nicely. It looks like a sonic wave and does incredible damage. You can kill armies with this power, it belongs in Black Bolt's arsenal.

These are great idea's and I appriciate the input, but I am terrible at custom powersets, if someone wants to add those powers great, but I'm not going to attempt it.

Yeah, Magneto's Shockwaves from the mod or DLC has a good Sonic Wave effect. Maybe a whirlwind effect to represent a Sound Vortex? The sonic forces would be so intense around the target that you could only hear a few bips or krees. For a shout effect, maybe Ms. Marvel's first power, Luminous, looks good.

show some pics please because :worthless:!

Ok, I'm sick of Iron Mans powerset, I want to try a combined powerstyle of Iron man and Silver Surfer, this is the powerstyle I am thinking of
Power1 - Cosmic Beam - Silver Surfer
Power2 - Rocket Uppercut - Iron Man
Power3 - Nano Assault - Iron Man
Power4 - Surfer's Rage - Silver Surfer
Power5 - Speed Overdrive - Iron Man
Power6 - Energy Reroute - Iron Man
Xtreme - Galactic Might - Silver Surfer

if anyone could help me with this, or build one themselves (I know some of you can do this in no time) I would be very grateful, and I know it would make a perfect Blackbolt Powerstyle. Thanks anyone who can help. :bowdown1:

November 18, 2007, 06:17PM #21 Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 06:51PM by cvc
Buddhabear100 have you noticed the new fightstyles put together by Blizz witch you could make him even more original?

EDIT:give me a hour I'll see what I can do. (its the powerstyles & talent files)

EDIT:give this a shot haven't tested  http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=40a326360925f3a18a0dc81406039750
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

thanks cvc, I looked over the fightsyles, and they look they could open up some new doors, but I'm confused on how to work with them. Maybe you can enlighten me.

The fightstyles a pretty straight forward match the animation with the attack that you want,you will see the anima in the powerstyles at the begin as idle or a number add the fight pack you want and than match the number and it will pull from it just name them the same,you might want to play with them abit till you get the hang of it. 

I'll continue to tinker, I think a Surfer/Iron Man mix will work and look great. I just can't get them to combine correctly.

November 18, 2007, 07:11PM #25 Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 07:16PM by cvc
Did you try the files I posted they should work.

EDIT: I spelled it BlackBolt you may have to change to how you have it spelled.

I tested out what you posted and I just found a few things
- He can't fly for some reason
- Fire comes out of his feet when he uses some powers
- He is using the bouncing around beams instead of the nano-assault power.

My main problem has been getting all the powers to work without fire-boots or a surfboard showing up. Thanks for all your help

November 18, 2007, 09:40PM #27 Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:59PM by cvc
I'll have to dl the mod and take a look and fix it up for you... ;)

EDIT: after taking a look its pretty close a few files missing from the acters folder and the packages need to be rewriten witch I think has been your problem the whole time,so give me a little time and I'll fix it all

Buddhabear100 the reason his feet still fire up is because that is ironman with Blackbolt skin we'll be better off just starting over with a blank slate of Blackbolt and adding powers from Ironman and Silversufer, I just wrote one of the pkgb's and noticed that, that being the case its going to take a couple of days but will be worth it as you will have a Blackbolt instead of Ironman with his skin and you can then customize it any way you want without conflict with the other files 

Thank you so much for all of your help cvc, I think your right about starting from scratch. The Iron Man animations work great for blackbolt, and I was able to turn off the fire on his feet once upon a time, but it might just be easier to start at the beginning.