Blackbolt Mod (COMPLETED!)

Started by Buddhabear100, August 10, 2007, 11:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just got done rewriting the talent and ps files no more fire or board but still going to take some time to match animations and effects if you dont mind I like the idea of the Magneto wave effect as Blackbolt shout going to put that in..
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Here are a few quick pics to show how far along as you can see no more fire and messin with the anima and effects...

Buddhabear100 because my time is limited here are some clean pkgb's so you can work on it at the same time try different effects by placeing them inthe blackbolt effects folder and animations by changeing the number in the powerstat file here is a ex.

FightMove {
   aitype = buff ;
   animenum = ea_power7 ;------- change this number this is the animation that he will use.
   icon = 6 ;
   is_power = true ;
   lockangles = true ;
   lockspeed = true ;
   name = power7 ;

Here are some file the same ones I'm working on,I'll keep going but you may be faster at the moment. http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=d6204126db4a39c6d43ae11a8c7e4467

November 19, 2007, 11:37PM #33 Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:39AM by cvc
Still moving slow but have his first power mapped out,I think its best to use his voice as his most powerful weapon so here one power six to go...

As you can see with the fairly clean packages you can just fill in the attacks,buffs,and what ever you want,now using someone else's effects a lot of the time you will want to recolor or even mix effects to get what you want. 

EDIT:This thread needs to be moved to the modding workshop or discussion (hay guys)??

Quote from: Midnight Curse on November 20, 2007, 04:55PM
Love the powers and pics! Great job! For a voice, perhaps we could use Black Panther's deep one?

ummm. Black Bolt doesnt talk.
At all.
Ever.
His whisper is like a small thermonuclear bomb..

Both you guys are right I think they said in the comic that a singal word would send worlds crashing,but I did read a comic once where he mumbled something and of course worlds came crashing,so will read up on his powers and just maybe use murer or mumble,wispher for a devastating extreme.I'm basically trying to help someone to understand the way to put powers and such on so they can enjoy doing it.   

Quote from: Midnight Curse on November 20, 2007, 04:55PM
Love the powers and pics! Great job! For a voice, perhaps we could use Black Panther's deep one?

you have already suggested this and then decided it wasnt a good idea
"Maybe Blackbolt has a deep voice like Black Panther.

EDIT: On second thought, whenever he talks he creates devastation."

pg 1 of this thread: http://marvelmods.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=41&topic=907.msg17900#msg17900
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

November 20, 2007, 06:14PM #38 Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:41PM by cvc
On the Marvel site there is a good story and reference so it seems even at long range its not a good idea for him to utter a peep as it even affects brain cells any way here's the article enjoy
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Black_Bolt

Although reading this I believe he mite talk abit too much..I can see why i enjoyed Black Bolt so much as a kid great story and background.
So the first power stays and is named electron energy blast the full power of his voice should not be used in this game as its to powerful to depict correctly ("quasi-sonic" scream)
2.Power will be Master Blow avery powerful punch.

OK, I have deleted the post.

For a boost, perhaps using his electron power to augment his body or a Terrigen Mist boost?

Ok this animation will work great for the Master Blow

Quote from: cvc on November 20, 2007, 05:34PM
Both you guys are right I think they said in the comic that a singal word would send worlds crashing,but I did read a comic once where he mumbled something and of course worlds came crashing,so will read up on his powers and just maybe use murer or mumble,wispher for a devastating extreme.I'm basically trying to help someone to understand the way to put powers and such on so they can enjoy doing it.  

Blackbolt has whispered or talked quietly in the past, and only in battle situations or to deal with trouble makers, but not for conversation purposes, due to the power of his voice. But regardless, he has used his voice numerous times in the past.

Does he ever say anything in MUA?

He doesn't and he wouldn't. It would mean having the flesh torn out of the characters' bones, and insta-game-over.

You'd need Medusa (when she is not Doom-crazied) to get to understand him.

Or a telepath.

Sorry I havn't been on in a few days, busy, busy. Anyway, I've been looking over the packages and I can see where I was messing up. I am a huge Black Bolt fan, and I would never go against comic continuity....BUT, I think some sonic powers would be ok in combat situations. I know it may not be dead on with his comic book character, but for the sake of gameplay I think we should include them. I'll get to work on the packages now. Looks pretty simple actually. Again thanks for all your help.