Idle animations/dialogue

Started by LikeAnEagle, January 20, 2014, 08:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's embarrassing: I've had this game for more than a year, but I only just discovered that, when left idle for too long, not only will your team go through classic idle animations, they will also talk to each other.

So, what are your favourite idle dialogue and/or anims? I found it somewhat amusing when Magneto made a compliment about Iron Man's armour, asking him where he had it made. Um, Mags? There's this thing called Stark Enterprises...
Mutatis mutandis. Si non confectus, non reficiat.

Hmm. Deadpool's idles were never wrong. Spidey had some good ones but can't remember em.

The soundeditor refers to them as Bored and Banter_character. I did put one in for Mercury, but never listened to see if it played. I think I first found out about them while playing XML2.

Quote from: Techon 7 on January 20, 2014, 10:11PM
The soundeditor refers to them as Bored and Banter_character. I did put one in for Mercury, but never listened to see if it played. I think I first found out about them while playing XML2.

That so? Wonder if there's any way we can listen to them - or at least catalogue the character combinations that trigger banter - without having to idle for really long times mid-mission. And (noobish question alert) what is this sound editor you refer to, pray tell?

Quote from: LikeAnEagle on January 20, 2014, 10:35PM
That so? Wonder if there's any way we can listen to them - or at least catalogue the character combinations that trigger banter - without having to idle for really long times mid-mission. And (noobish question alert) what is this sound editor you refer to, pray tell?
It's the one here.
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1359.0.html
I believe it allows to import soundsets from ones that already exist, so just look for the hashtags and go to the file. This might make sense after reading the tutorial.

Quote from: Techon 7 on January 20, 2014, 11:07PM
It's the one here.
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1359.0.html
I believe it allows to import soundsets from ones that already exist, so just look for the hashtags and go to the file. This might make sense after reading the tutorial.

Thanks! Will definitely check it out when I get a chance to. I'm really interested in modding, but since I've never done anything for MUA before, I figured I'll start low and take it bit by bit. These sounds are certainly interesting to mod, though, should I get around to it.