Scream 5?

Started by Lightning249539, March 06, 2014, 08:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 06, 2014, 08:35PM Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:11AM by Lightning249539
For my Scream fans do yall think there will be a Scream 5 I know they said the summer of 2014 they are making a TV series of Scream with the new leading actor of a male name Cameron Deane that should lead up to the events of Scream 5.

:storm:

March 09, 2014, 05:30PM #1 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:33PM by Lightning249539
More evidence on a Scream 5:
Now fans of Scream who purchased the DVD may have some future insight into Scream 5, if they bothered to watch the film with the commentary. Since nothing is confirmed, nor denied, take this with a grain of salt. These are only subtle hints I picked up on while watching Scream 4 with commentary. Let's start with the fate of "Kirby." I've seen a couple of discussions on message boards about whether "Kirby" lived or died; with most of the speculation coming from the fact that we never see her actually dead. This is what Wes and Hayden said while watching her...stabbing scene.

Wes Craven: "As you can see, Hayden was still moving."

Hayden Panettiere: "Still moving..."

Wes Craven: "Not saying she's coming back for sure."

Sounds like "Kirby" may have survived after all, right? It would make sense. Scream 4 was supposed to be the first film in the new trilogy. I doubt Neve Campbell probably will return, although David Arquette said he would if all the pieces fit. Would that make "Kirby" the new survivor girl to carry on the franchise? Possibly, again – this is all speculation from fans as well as what has been said on the Scream 4 DVD. However, "Kirby" may not be the only new cast member from Scream 4 to return in the next entry. During the hospital battle between "Jill" and the other cast, "Jill" is shot in the chest. Here's what is said on commentary during this scene.

Emma Roberts: "Originally I was supposed to get shot in the head."

Wes Craven: "Yup, it's true."

Emma Roberts: "But, they shot me in the chest."

Wes Craven: "I made a battle field decision."

Emma Roberts: "Because you never know, I could come back."

Wes Craven: "You never know..."

Emma Roberts: "But, I did stay still when I died, just incase."

Wes Craven: "You did, but if you notice in the very last shot – there's a microscopic twitch of your face. We took it out, but I said put it back."

Does this mean that "Jill" could return in Scream 5, probably in some sort of escaped mental patient fashion? It could be interesting, right? Again, this is all fan speculation along with quotes from the Scream 4 DVD commentary. So, make sure you go out and buy your copy to follow along with the rumors!
http://www.horrorsociety.com/2011/10/07/does-scream-4-commentary-reveal-possible-scream-5-spoilers/
And Check This Out: http://scream-trilogy.net/2011/04/scream-5-6-storyline-direction-hinted-spoilers/

June 25, 2014, 08:48AM #4 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:51AM by Lightning249539
New information!!
They have started filming Scream MTV Series on June 4. There are some more characters that are added to the show. Read the information below:
DevelopmentEdit
It was announced on June 3rd, 2012, that former MTV network executives, Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley, are looking for someone to write a pilot for a potential series based on the Scream series.

In 2013, it was reported that Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin of Criminal Minds fame had been hired to write the script for the pilot episode.

Wes Craven will direct the pilot.

Jill Blotevogel wrote the script for the pilot.

June 4 began filming in Los Angeles.

CHARACTERS:
Emma Duval: A 16-year old beauty Who's a little too introverted and intellectual to be a social butterfly but has nevertheless been annointed by the popular crowd to be one of their own. She feels guilty that she has drifted away from her former best friend Aubrey, but at least she's got a 'Gilmore Girls'-esque relationship with her mom Maggie to keep her sane

Aubrey Jensen: Emma's former BFF, is described as The bi-curious daughter of a Lutheran pastor who's more arresting-looking than pretty. This artsy loner dreams of being a filmmaker and shares a close bond with tech genius Noah.

Noah Foster: Aubrey's closest confidante is creative, brilliant and tech-savvy enough to be the next Steve Jobs. Lucky for him, he's got a grwat sense of humor (a la John Cusack in his teen prime) that helps him navigate the halls of his high school. What's more, Noah possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of books, films, TV and Apps

Margaret ''Maggie Duval''': Emma's'mom, in her early to mid-40s, is the town's medical examiner, a grown-up science geek who plays down her beauty. Maggie spends alot of her time trying to make up for the fact that Emma's dad abandoned them. Oh, and she's harboring a dark secret from her past.'

Will Belmont : 16, tall, very attractive, athletic, a good kid. Will's a high school basketball player who wants to get a basketball scholarship to college. Will loves his girlfriend, Emma

Kieran Wilcox: 16, smoking hot, with intense eyes and smoldering appeal, smart, wry, a bit more mature than his peers, Kieran is the new kid at school who has moved here because his mother and stepdad died in a car accident three weeks ago. He is somewhat reluctantly forced to live with his dad—who is Sheriff Hudson

Brooke Maddox: 16, gorgeous, the high gloss queen bee who thinks she's nice and the world's just reading her wrong, capable of being bubbly and seemingly-genuine and also capable of being ferociously sexy, Brooke is the leader of the popular girls, but she's not technically a mean girl. The daughter of a very wealthy family, Brooke's achievements include ballet, horseback riding and world travel

Sheriff Clark Hudson: 40s, handsome, smart, compassionate. Sheriff Hudson is a good man and a good sheriff, who doesn't go with the easy answers. He's kind and empathetic when he has to deal with a young person who's been traumatized, but he's clearly not going to stop till he finds the truth

Jake Fitzgerald: 16, handsome, athletic, Jake is Will's well-muscled wing man, who's also on the basketball team. Jake has a wry humor which can turn crass sometimes; he's got a crush on Brooke but seems to take her careless rejection of him in stride. Jake likes to play pranks, especially when he's at a party and drinking too much, but it's possible that one of Jake's "pranks" went too far.

Riley Marra: 16, a gorgeous "ditz" who may be deeper, smarter and have more eclectic interests than is first apparent, Riley is a member in good standing of the popular group that includes Brooke, Will, Emma and Jake. Unlike the classic popular kids, Riley doesn't mind going beyond the clique if she finds someone whom she connects with...

Synopsis
The pilot will begin with a YouTube video going viral, which soon leads to problems for teenager Audrey and seemingly serves as the catalyst for a murder that opens up a window in a quiet town with a troubled past.

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdIKmr694NE#t=58
Please correct me if I am wrong!

'Arrow' star Bex Taylor-Klaus and others join MTV's 'Scream'

MTV's Scream has been in the making for a while. It was first announced that the show had a pilot order in May of 2013, but it wasn't until more than a year later that it finally found its cast and director. And now, there's been a change to that cast.

EW has confirmed that Bex Taylor-Klaus, who plays Sin on The CW's Arrow, will replace Amy Forsyth in the lead role of Audrey Jensen, who was originally described as "the daughter of a Lutheran pastor" and "an artsy loner who aspired to be a filmmaker." There's no word yet on why Forsyth left the television remake.

In additional casting news, the show has added Bobby Campo, Connor Weil, and Joel Gretsch. Campo will play Seth Branson, "the hot English teacher at Lakewood High" who's "got an easy charm and is clearly one of the 'cool' teachers, who can go with it if a lesson plan gets a little off-track." Weil will take on the role of Will Belmont, "an all-American high school basketball player who adores his girlfriend, Emma." As for Gretsch, he'll play Sheriff Clark Hudson, "good guy and good Sheriff and father to Kieran (Amadeus Serafini)."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/15/bex-taylor-klaus-scream/

MTV's 'Scream' Will See Ghostface, Just Probably Not Right Away. That's a Good Thing.

Yesterday, the world went into a horror-themed tizzy when news broke through a statement made by RJ Tolbert – the creator of the infamous Ghostface mask depicted in Wes Craven's horror franchise, Scream – that made it clear there are currently no plans to feature the infamous killer in MTV 's upcoming series adaptation of the franchise. However, despite what the internet wants to spin into headline news, there are many facts to this story being forgotten or, more likely, flat out ignored. When those facts are taken into account, it's very possible what we saw yesterday is nothing more than a PR move meant to cover certain rear-ends.

Regarding the exact wording of Tolbert's (who owns the rights to the mask [and its likeness] itself) statement, it goes as follows: "I had been in communication with [The Weinstein Company] regarding this and they have informed me, that as of now, and during the initial launch that GHOST FACE® is not involved in the new format. They also indicated that because of this direction, it does not mean, that Ghost Face® will not be involved at a later date. So, there is still a question, to the question. However, as of now, there is no involvement." He went on to add, "we have received pretty harsh notes, some addressed specifically to me, implying that Fun World and/or me, is responsible for the SERIES not having GHOST FACE® – nothing could be further from the truth. We believe, SCREAM is GHOST FACE, and GHOST FACE® is Scream. However, while GHOST FACE® is owned by Fun World, The Scream Motion Picture Franchise is owned by The Weinstein Company and it is their option to Film a movie or T.V. SHOW without GHOST FACE®."

So let's break a few things down here:

1)      MTV's Scream is currently shooting its pilot and has not, at the moment, been picked up to series officially (however, it's pretty much a lock given the network's existing success with Teen Wolf).

2)      At no point does Tolbert say Ghostface won't be in the new series, he just, essentially, says Fun World's not been told the mask's likeness is required for anything in production at the present time, I.E. the pilot.

3)      To think MTV wouldn't bank on the viability of the Ghostface image is just ridiculous.

The key thing to remember here is MTV's only shooting one episode right now. That pilot is the only thing that's been budgeted and greenlit by the network, meaning going after likeness rights for anything not featured in said pilot would be unnecessary. If anything, what we learn from this statement is exactly what kind of show the new Scream series is going to be, and in truth, we should be looking at this news as a positive. By not seeking out rights for the Ghostface mask, and thus confirming it isn't in the pilot episode (again, the only thing currently green-lit for principle photography), what we're being told is Scream's going to be a show worth watching.

While what follows is all speculation, no one's saying the Scream show isn't going to feature Ghostface, it just won't feature a killer wearing the mask in the series premiere. One of the charms of Craven's franchise is that, sort of like a horror movie Spider-Man, anyone can be under the mask of Ghostface. The character isn't a "character" as much as he is a symbol of terror. Unlike Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, Ghostface's identity changes from iteration to iteration, and by not featuring the mask in the pilot, MTV's opening up the show to the prospect of mystery in the same way the movies do.

By holding off the Ghostface reveal, the audience will now be wondering who'll ultimately dawn the iconic personality by freshman season's end (the likely point at which the mask will be unveiled) rather than trying to uncover his (or her) identity from the get go. Geniusly, this leaves the show more lenient to potential story-arcs, and thus a potentially larger audience that may not want to tune in for Ghostface, but will tune in for a good mystery (like viewers did for the second season of American Horror Story). In fact, mark it as a highly likely possibility the series will feature hints from time to time about the impending introduction of the mask, like occasional shots of the infamous buck knife.

From a money perspective, Ghostface isn't in Scream right now because he isn't in the first episode. Until MTV goes to series officially, no other expenses will be made, and thus there's no reason for Fun World to get a call (however, it's completely likely MTV will use the mask in the show's marketing with a tag line to the effect of "who will he be next?"). From a story perspective, not having Ghostface featured right away could be the key strategy that turns the show into the network's next Teen Wolf (which would be just in time for Halloween 2015, at which point the mask would be a hot item again in stores). That's what MTV wants, and that's what we need.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/10/22/mtv-scream-ghostface/

October 22, 2014, 04:28PM #8 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:31PM by Lightning249539
The new Sydney is Emma Duvall played by Willa Fitzgerald.

Script Pages Surface from MTV's Scream Pilot; Early Look at What We Can Expect for Scream MTV Set to Appear in July!!
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/88095/script-pages-surface-mtvs-scream-pilot-early-look-can-expect/