Marvel Ultimate alliance-like game

Started by Dark_Ansem, July 13, 2014, 07:04AM

Previous topic - Next topic
which game do you feel is similar enough to Marvel ultimate alliance, moddability included?
obviously, the characters will never be quite the same but still. I crave for a good moddable ARPG.

Hmm.... as far as moddability I would suggest any of the Skyrim games. Those get modded out the wazoo lol, although the engine is different and play style is a bit different than MUA.

However, you can mod it to make flight possible and telekinetic powers. :)

yeah but skyrim was a disappointment. in terms of modding...

Quote from: Dark_Ansem on July 13, 2014, 03:25PM
yeah but skyrim was a disappointment. in terms of modding...
Not really, there are so many mods for Skyrim with so much difference and uniqueness between them all.
NexusMods has the best mods for Skyrim. (that's where I get mine)

yes, but the scope of modding skyrim is limited.
the only revolutionary things happen via SKSE and workarounds.

It is not possible, for example, to add full customized elemental damages. nor new skills.
it has a lot of hardcoded things.

July 13, 2014, 04:26PM #5 Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:32PM by phenom
Oh yeah, but I would say the same about MUA.

A lot of things are hardcoded into MUA and can't be changed. For example, you can change how auto spend levels up stat points but you can only have 4 (or was it 5?) different 'classes'. And we can't/haven't figured out how to add new animations, and it's a struggle just to add new models (a struggle I'm trying to get over now lol).

And for Skyrim here are actually mods that add new skills, like Hand-To-Hand. They definitely have workarounds, like one of the H2H skills overwrites a skill, another adds the H2H onto a skill tree, and one that I tried used a secondary menu for leveling up the H2H skill.

I think you'll find that with most, if not all, games with a modding community. The Mods to add new abilities/skills/etc are going to used workarounds. Without having access to the source code some things can't be changed.

I will say that the Skyrim mod community (especially at Nexus) has some of the most detailed and complex mods I've seen for any game. If that doesn't push your happy button you might have to wait a few years for better technology. ;) Or IDK check out Second Life? That's just a game full of mods lol.

Other games of the top of my head with mods: Creatures/Docking Station, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, anything on the Nexus websites...

Quote from: phenom on July 13, 2014, 04:26PM
Oh yeah, but I would say the same about MUA.

A lot of things are hardcoded into MUA and can't be changed. For example, you can change how auto spend levels up stat points but you can only have 4 (or was it 5?) different 'classes'. And we can't/haven't figured out how to add new animations, and it's a struggle just to add new models (a struggle I'm trying to get over now lol).

And for Skyrim here are actually mods that add new skills, like Hand-To-Hand. They definitely have workarounds, like one of the H2H skills overwrites a skill, another adds the H2H onto a skill tree, and one that I tried used a secondary menu for leveling up the H2H skill.

I think you'll find that with most, if not all, games with a modding community. The Mods to add new abilities/skills/etc are going to used workarounds. Without having access to the source code some things can't be changed.

I will say that the Skyrim mod community (especially at Nexus) has some of the most detailed and complex mods I've seen for any game. If that doesn't push your happy button you might have to wait a few years for better technology. ;) Or IDK check out Second Life? That's just a game full of mods lol.

Other games of the top of my head with mods: Creatures/Docking Station, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, anything on the Nexus websites...

yeah but of MUA I expected it. skyrim was promised a full editor.

If you're looking for games that are highly moddable, Skyrim or Fallout are definetly worth checking out (although Fallout not so much). Oblivion is highly moddable too.

Star wars Battlefront II and Second Life are also stuffed with mods

For a similair MUA experience, the XML series come to mind :P
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven