What is this Enhanced Greatest Hits MUA I've heard about for the PS2?

Started by jonchang, August 13, 2007, 09:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeah, that would be awesome if this is true,
if it is true, its wierd how doom wasnt unlocked at the start though (unlike the 360 version)

It makes more sense to have Doom unlock after beating the game.  I'm going to be hunting around the local Gamestops to buy one.  If there's one, I will purchase, rip, and share :D

Okay, so no Gamestop stores had it (looked on my lunch break), but it's in their system.  I'll probably pick it up Monday.

Well, I went to Wal-Mart to see if they had a copy today.  Needless to say, it didn't turn out so well.  Mainly because I got into a car accident on the way there.  As I was driving on the in town highway, a car ran a stop sign to cut across the highway, and I couldn't stop in time.  Being that it wasn't my fault at all, I'm not too worried.  However, my front end is pretty fucked up.  However, after the report and everything was filed, I made it to Wal-Mart (because I was only a block away, and my car was still drivable, even with a retarded looking front end), only to find they don't have it either, and have no idea when they will get it in.  To make up for the crappy day, I picked up a copy of Madden 08.  :rofl:

Gas to get to Wal-Mart:  $1.85
Repair costs for car accident:  $1,895.00 (just an estimate)
Getting bent over by your insurance company, but still making it to Wal-Mart to find out they don't have the Greatest Hits MUA, but still making off with a copy of Madden 08: Priceless

For everything else, there's a .50 cal.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

well the person that said they had it was lying (the one that blizz gave the link for):

QuoteI'm sorry. I really don't have this. I wanted to see the reaction since people were getting so crazy about the version. I have to say, less people were skeptic than I expected. I didn't mean to mess anyone about. Just a little experiment. I hope we do get this soon, and it does have everything people are asking for.

People at the gamefaqs.com board (as well as in marvel.com boards, link below) are now claiming that the enhanced version just has a bonus DVD showing the process of making the game. So don't even think of buying it in case this information turns out to be true (unless you really want to watch that thing).

http://marvel.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=75076&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40&sid=90f2d8653c27ab9c235ae41b5b89ea0f

All I know is I never totally believe anything that is said at gamefaqs.  I always hope for the best, but I've seen people mess with others time and again.  Seriously, I've seen that like 5 or 6 times now.  Still, we can hope.

My favorite part is that I ordered it online--with one-day shipping--shortly before it was revealed to only contain a bonus DVD.

That's just swell.

If it ONLY contains a bonus DVD, then damn am I gonna be pissed.

Wow, looks like Activision really screwed a lot of people with this deceptive marketing tactic. I wonder how many people rebought the game thinking they were getting "enhanced content". I knew something was fishy when there was no information about the details of this "enhanced version". An interesting tactic though, you have to wonder how many fell for this and how much money Activision ended up making.

Yeah, it's very fortunate that I couldn't find it in Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or Gamestop. :D

Quote from: Singlemalt on August 19, 2007, 04:37AM
Wow, looks like Activision really screwed a lot of people with this deceptive marketing tactic. I wonder how many people rebought the game thinking they were getting "enhanced content". I knew something was fishy when there was no information about the details of this "enhanced version". An interesting tactic though, you have to wonder how many fell for this and how much money Activision ended up making.

Wait, did Activision actually said something about the content? A far as I know, there was only speculation about the EGH, an anyone that bought it in advance is to blame for doing uninformed buyings. All I could find was that GameFAQs discussion wich was unofficial and a lie after all, acording to its own OP. So, no deception. Compulsive behavior, maybe.