What is this Enhanced Greatest Hits MUA I've heard about for the PS2?

Started by jonchang, August 13, 2007, 09:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wikipedia doesn't give me much information, and I'd like to know what this actually contains, what effects the game has been enhanced.

There's no info anywhere that I could find, but Gamestop shows the release date as 8/17/07.  *IF* they use the DLC characters it'll be really easy to port them. :P

I'm praying they've put all the DLC characters in (with all the goodies like the sounds, since it's possible to decode PS2 sounds).  I'm hoping they at least leave some DLC stuff in assetsfb.wad as easter eggs, but I'm expecting it'll be Colossus, Moon Knight, the next-gen missions and maybe 1-2 characters.  **Prays for Hawkeye so he can be on the Xbox mod**

Yeah me too. Can hardly wait! Hopefully they'll add Captain Marvel and the exclusives there, because the PSP graphics are crap.

Yeah my *guess* is that they'll do the next-gen characters, 1-2 PSPers and 1-4 360 characters.  Why?  So people who already own it on PSP and 360 will still want to buy it.  Companies are very smart that way. 

If it happens that way, I'm betting on:
Colossus
Moon Knight
Hawkeye
Captain Marvel
Hulk
Venom
Magneto

I'm betting on half of what you said Teancum:
the next-gen.
Hawkeye
Capt. Marvel
And four of the most popular in the DLC.

Well, I'd like if it were just the heroes, which means 360's hero-pack, next-gen and the psp ones
-> 9 characters total.

Not bad either, but I love using Magneto, Venom, and surprisingly Doom.

Of course, they could take the cheap way out too.  All the files are already there to add the Next-Gen sim missions, Colossus and Moon Knight.  All they'd have to do is change the herostat and simulator engbs and bingo, Enhanced Greatest Hits.  But people will be majorly pissed if they do.

People like me. I'd be expecting more out of this, and the value better be worth my money.

Quote from: Teancum on August 15, 2007, 04:14AM
Of course, they could take the cheap way out too.  All the files are already there to add the Next-Gen sim missions, Colossus and Moon Knight.  All they'd have to do is change the herostat and simulator engbs and bingo, Enhanced Greatest Hits.  But people will be majorly pissed if they do.

Well, people outside of the modding community don't realize how easy it would be or how close to completion those characters were for all of the platforms.  It's easy for us to say just add the herostat definition, but I'm sure the regular population of console gamers had no idea the files were even there.  *shrugs*  Still, I would like for the DLC stuff to be there.  Mostly for the character models.  Everything else has been a go.  (It would be even better if the crap was released for the PC...  if nothing else, for the extra slots)
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Yeah, but if it ain't a strategy/FPS/RPG game it ain't gonna get any 'company love' on PC.

The biggest reason I doubt it'll get the DLC characters is that they're really high-poly.  You can see it in the screens.  But if they have a low-poly version then maybe we'll get lucky.

Says it's now available at gamestop.com.  Gotta pay 19.99 plus shipping though.