Hello Again (From Deedooo)

Started by Quentin Hex, November 12, 2014, 01:16AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello Everyone!

It's been so long. I don't even know where to begin. So last year's fall I moved out to the college dorms with only my macbook, which made modding nearly impossible, so I stopped participating as much in the community. Since college courses were going considerably less well than one would hope, I decided to take a year off, and so I'm back at my family home now.

As I started getting back into comicbooks recently, I of course started missing this community. I tried to connect to the website several times over the past couple of months but I kept getting an error message until I tried again tonight and voila!

I'm trying to get all caught up on everything I missed, but there's a lot, so if anybody wants to fill me in on some of the highlights, I'd greatly appreciate that. I'm hoping to start modding and skinning again soon, but we'll see how quickly the knack returns after so long.

It's good to be back though! I'll try and stick around this time.

XOXO — Quentin Hex/AKA DeeDooo

It's been a long time, Hex --  good to hear that you're back. I still recall the days when you skinned for my mods of Blackheart and Selene. The highlights? Let's see...

-The site was shut down for a few weeks in October (I know, not really a highlight). Blaw had a back-up site, and they were using that one until THX revived this one.
-The one called "andersonbrazil" became a promising skinner/mesher.
-I became a moderator for the CCC, which I check on the regular.
-I found out there is a max limit, where mods using numbers greater than #255 won't work at all. To combat this, Blaw created a second CCC for non-Marvel characters (including custom characters). And before that, I created an "Outsider's Fix" system that permanently got rid of all number clashes that were previously bothersome.
-New modders such as Techon 7, Polygone, and Eric Lehnsherr are proving to be very good.
-In the meshing category, Blaw's been whipping out numerous awesome skins & animated mannequins. Odinson012, Tien, aventureiromax, and andersonbrazil are still delivering high quality meshes as well. Mellomods (formerly Harpua) is still around, and doing his thing when he has time.
-In the skinning category, Owl City and Liondsen99 have been pulling out nice-looking (and very detailed) skins. And every now & then, MJ Fan brings out skins that never fail to amaze. Even I've been making skins for my mods, and some have been actually decent (at least I think so, anyway lol).
-In the modding category, Sbarth13, Blaw, and I have been working damn hard creating numerous mods. The collection at The Crypt in particular has multiplied quite a bit since you were here. Between the three of us, the Guardians of the Galaxy is almost complete, Nick Fury got a bad-ass upgrade, some characters from DC and Top Cow got modded, etc. Basically, the forum is still strong.

OK, unless I'm mistaken, I think that's just about everything. BTW, at the CCC, I kept your numbers reserved from the old CCC, but Kid Omega wasn't listed for some reason, so it's good you took a new spot for him. Again, welcome back and good luck.

Nice to see your back. The backup site is www.marvelmods.freeforums.org
Hope to see you on the broads always admired your skins and mods.

It's good to have you back. I hope that modding returns to you easily. Your skins and mods are always great.

Quote from: Outsider on November 12, 2014, 07:09AM
-New modders such as Techon 7, Polygone, and Eric Lehnsherr are proving to be very good.

Aww, it makes me so happy when people say stuff like that :D, thank you!

Good to have you back Deedoo! I'm not all that active anymore (Pc crashes, the damn pc crashes) but it's good to see you're back, cus I know you've got quite a few cool mods in mind :D
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Outsider on November 12, 2014, 07:09AM
It's been a long time, Hex --  good to hear that you're back. I still recall the days when you skinned for my mods of Blackheart and Selene. The highlights? Let's see...

-The site was shut down for a few weeks in October (I know, not really a highlight). Blaw had a back-up site, and they were using that one until THX revived this one.
-The one called "andersonbrazil" became a promising skinner/mesher.
-I became a moderator for the CCC, which I check on the regular.
-I found out there is a max limit, where mods using numbers greater than #255 won't work at all. To combat this, Blaw created a second CCC for non-Marvel characters (including custom characters). And before that, I created an "Outsider's Fix" system that permanently got rid of all number clashes that were previously bothersome.
-In the meshing category, Blaw's been whipping out numerous awesome skins & animated mannequins. Odinson012, Tien, aventureiromax, and andersonbrazil are still delivering high quality meshes as well. Mellomods (formerly Harpua) is still around, and doing his thing when he has time.
-In the skinning category, Owl City and Liondsen99 have been pulling out nice-looking (and very detailed) skins. And every now & then, MJ Fan brings out skins that never fail to amaze. Even I've been making skins for my mods, and some have been actually decent (at least I think so, anyway lol).
-In the modding category, Sbarth13, Blaw, and I have been working damn hard creating numerous mods. The collection at The Crypt in particular has multiplied quite a bit since you were here. Between the three of us, the Guardians of the Galaxy is almost complete, Nick Fury got a bad-ass upgrade, some characters from DC and Top Cow got modded, etc. Basically, the forum is still strong.

OK, unless I'm mistaken, I think that's just about everything. BTW, at the CCC, I kept your numbers reserved from the old CCC, but Kid Omega wasn't listed for some reason, so it's good you took a new spot for him. Again, welcome back and good luck.

All good information. Thanks for keeping my CCC seats warm for my characters!

Quote from: ndp on November 12, 2014, 11:30AM
Nice to see your back. The backup site is www.marvelmods.freeforums.org
Hope to see you on the broads always admired your skins and mods.
I forgot about the backup. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote from: Techon 7 on November 12, 2014, 12:52PM
It's good to have you back. I hope that modding returns to you easily. Your skins and mods are always great.
You flatter me. I hope it does too because I looked at my old documents and I have so many plans.

Quote from: Polygone on November 12, 2014, 02:02PM
Good to have you back Deedoo! I'm not all that active anymore (Pc crashes, the damn pc crashes) but it's good to see you're back, cus I know you've got quite a few cool mods in mind :D
Meh, you're still more active than I've been probably!