Once Upon A Time

Started by Midnightphoenix, December 30, 2014, 10:24PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What are yall thoughts on the season 5b finale? :storm:

I liked it a lot actually. It opens up the show to a new world of possibilities.

They also announced next season will not be split into two halves.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I didn't quite care for this season, although I understand they had loose ends to tie up.The finale whoever has me excited for the next season.I hear they're going to do Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Aladdin ,and the Three Musketeers.

Im so excited for season 6!! They are finally adding Jafar, Aladdin, and Princess Jasmine to the cast!!

Once Upon a Time casts Galavant star as Princess Jasmine
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/23/once-upon-time-karen-david-princess-jasmine

Once Upon a Time casts Aladdin and Jafar
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/23/comic-con-once-upon-time-panel

Sneak Peek Video for Season 6 featuring Jafar and Aladdin:
https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/756909145484169217

:storm:

I am excited they are finally doing something with Aladdin. I wonder if they will connect it at all with Once in Wonderland. Or at least Jafar.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Even though I've missed half of the last season (got really boring and cheesy) I'm really excited for Jasmine and Aladdin, although I don't understand why they recast Jafar, the original actor was absolutely fantastic in the role.

Quote from: White Queen on July 24, 2016, 01:23AM
Even though I've missed half of the last season (got really boring and cheesy) I'm really excited for Jasmine and Aladdin, although I don't understand why they recast Jafar, the original actor was absolutely fantastic in the role.

I actually think the second half of last season was 100 times better then the first half. The first half was very boring in my opinion as well.

From what I read they wanted the original actor to return as Jafar but he is committed to Sense8 and couldn't return.

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on July 24, 2016, 03:30PM
I actually think the second half of last season was 100 times better then the first half. The first half was very boring in my opinion as well.

From what I read they wanted the original actor to return as Jafar but he is committed to Sense8 and couldn't return.
Yes you are right. He had obligations with Sense 8, but all i care about is Aladdin and Princess Jasmine appearing! Ive been waiting for them since Once in Wonderland. Now im waiting for Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. :storm:

Quote from: White Queen on July 24, 2016, 01:23AM
I think season 6 will be good too, because Cinderella and Archie Hopper are returning. And I felt like Cinderella didn't get much screen time surprisingly since she's one of the most advertised  Disney princesses. :storm:

Any thoughts on OUAT Season 6? :storm:

October 13, 2016, 01:31PM #146 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:36PM by Midnightphoenix
I am liking the season, although it doesn't feel like the other seasons some how. When I watched the first episode of the season it didn't feel like the start of the season it just felt like the next episode.

I really liked the episode focused on Cinderella, it was nice to see more about her and her story.

Bringing back the Evil Queen was a unique idea but unfortunately I don't think as of yet they have brought her back in her full potential. The Evil Queen is supposed to be power hungry, dangerous and ruthless but so far she only seems to be working behind the scenes and hasn't really done much.

I am intrigued with what is going on with Emma, so I hope that plot point turns out to be a good one.

I like that we have gotten glimpses of characters we haven't seen in a while like Archie and Dr. Frankenstein.

And I am still on the fence about Mr. Hyde. They made him out to be a really powerful character but I just don't ever get that feeling when we see him. They haven't really shown what his intentions are, so it feels like he has none other then wanting to take over the town. So I am hoping they do more with him to make him more of an interesting character.

Edit: And I am also a little disappointed they didn't/ haven't taken any opportunity to connect Once in Wonderland with the main show yet. I know they brought the Knave over but they never did anything with his character, it just felt like he got thrown in for no reason. They implied something happened to the Red Queen but they never explained and he never talked about any of his experiences and was pretty much just there to be the rebound for Belle. I know the original actor who played Jafar couldn't return but I hope they at least talk about his past in Wonderland. And I was hoping they would connect Cinderella with Anastasia the Red Queen considering Anastasia's story and plot are almost identical to the Step Sister/ Step Mother story line. And not only that but both Anastasia and Cinderella's step sister fall in love with someone their mothers don't view as good enough or fit for them, both girls go against their mothers wishes, and both girls escape through a portal/ attempt to escape through a portal with their lover to have a better life. It just seems like a very missed opportunity.

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on October 13, 2016, 01:31PM
I am liking the season, although it doesn't feel like the other seasons some how. When I watched the first episode of the season it didn't feel like the start of the season it just felt like the next episode.

I really liked the episode focused on Cinderella, it was nice to see more about her and her story.

Bringing back the Evil Queen was a unique idea but unfortunately I don't think as of yet they have brought her back in her full potential. The Evil Queen is supposed to be power hungry, dangerous and ruthless but so far she only seems to be working behind the scenes and hasn't really done much.

I am intrigued with what is going on with Emma, so I hope that plot point turns out to be a good one.

I like that we have gotten glimpses of characters we haven't seen in a while like Archie and Dr. Frankenstein.

And I am still on the fence about Mr. Hyde. They made him out to be a really powerful character but I just don't ever get that feeling when we see him. They haven't really shown what his intentions are, so it feels like he has none other then wanting to take over the town. So I am hoping they do more with him to make him more of an interesting character.

Edit: And I am also a little disappointed they didn't/ haven't taken any opportunity to connect Once in Wonderland with the main show yet. I know they brought the Knave over but they never did anything with his character, it just felt like he got thrown in for no reason. They implied something happened to the Red Queen but they never explained and he never talked about any of his experiences and was pretty much just there to be the rebound for Belle. I know the original actor who played Jafar couldn't return but I hope they at least talk about his past in Wonderland. And I was hoping they would connect Cinderella with Anastasia the Red Queen considering Anastasia's story and plot are almost identical to the Step Sister/ Step Mother story line. And not only that but both Anastasia and Cinderella's step sister fall in love with someone their mothers don't view as good enough or fit for them, both girls go against their mothers wishes, and both girls escape through a portal/ attempt to escape through a portal with their lover to have a better life. It just seems like a very missed opportunity.
Agreed hopefully in season 7 or later in season 6 they'll connect Once Upon a Time in Wonderland with Once Upon a Time :storm: