The Collectables Thread

Started by Techon 7, February 16, 2015, 02:15PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we could talk about the stuff we collect. (Besides mods of course. :laugh:)

The major thing I've been collecting is Heroclix. The next set to be released is Justice League: Trinity War, but then it's Avengertopia. There's the movie tie-in, the comic set Avengers Assemble, the Age of Ultron Organized Play event, and then if that wasn't enough there's the Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD set! I'm more of an X-Men fan than Avenger's, but with the confirmed subthemes of Avenger's Academy and Arena and most of Avenger's A.I. shown, I'm really excited. The new Vision and Thor (female) sculpts look particularly good.

The main thing I am collecting are amiibo c:

At first I told myself I was just going to get a few, like Samus & Fox, but then it became an addiction & now I have over 20 .-.

What a great thread idea!

For Marvel-related collectables, I love the lead-painted figurines, even if they're kind of expensive. (Which is why I asked for like four of them for Christmas :D) I also collect the VS Trading Cards and the limited-time collectable cards from the 90's and stuff like that. The Marvel Legends figures are cool too.

I am collecting supermarket bags because they tend to split my items in 2374892394732 different bags. Oh wait that doesn't count does it.

Great thread idea! I collect way to much.

I collect comic books (mainly older ones from the 70s-90s) Action figures (mostly Marvel and X-Men), Wizard of Oz stuff, The Little Mermaid stuff, other Disney things, Pig Stuffed Animals, Resident Evil stuff, Godzilla movies, Movies, Video Games, and VHSs. Breaking movies and VHSs down even further I have collections of Disney movies, Animated movies, Horror movies and Slasher flicks, Anime.

I'm crazy.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Me on February 16, 2015, 03:07PM
The main thing I am collecting are amiibo c:

At first I told myself I was just going to get a few, like Samus & Fox, but then it became an addiction & now I have over 20 .-.
They do look great, but since I don't have Wii U yet, I have been able to resist so far.

Quote from: dameshudson13 on February 16, 2015, 03:35PM
What a great thread idea!

For Marvel-related collectables, I love the lead-painted figurines, even if they're kind of expensive. (Which is why I asked for like four of them for Christmas :D) I also collect the VS Trading Cards and the limited-time collectable cards from the 90's and stuff like that. The Marvel Legends figures are cool too.

Thanks. Looked at some pictures of those figures and the look nice.

Quote from: B.L.A.W on February 16, 2015, 04:37PM
I am collecting supermarket bags because they tend to split my items in 2374892394732 different bags. Oh wait that doesn't count does it.

:rofl:

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on February 16, 2015, 06:05PM
Great thread idea! I collect way to much.

I collect comic books (mainly older ones from the 70s-90s) Action figures (mostly Marvel and X-Men), Wizard of Oz stuff, The Little Mermaid stuff, other Disney things, Pig Stuffed Animals, Resident Evil stuff, Godzilla movies, Movies, Video Games, and VHSs. Breaking movies and VHSs down even further I have collections of Disney movies, Animated movies, Horror movies and Slasher flicks, Anime.

I'm crazy.

I have a lot of stuff I've collected as well. Fortunately, I'm not a completionest. Case in point, the next Heroclix set I was talking about is the first one to have an Ultra Chase. There is now confirmation of who the ultra chase is, as in someone has her in hand. A preview video had already said who she was, but there were doubters. While the dial seems fun, she's someone I can go without. And if I do pull her, she's going right into my trade/sell stuff.

Just traded some Heroclix tonight and I finally have Elixir! I also got the Catwoman I really wanted.

So, there was a Gaming Expo last week, and they revealed that the Heroclix set after Nick Fury is Superman/Wonder Woman. Also the boosters for Avengers Assemble were seen, and thus Reptil, Hazmat, Mettle, and Veil are all confirmed. This is in addition to Thunderstrike II, Hawkeye II, and possibly Kid Loki. Also New Warriors and Initiative have been confirmed as subthemes in the set as well. I'm not sure where they will be pulling characters from for either of those. I think the most recent New Warriors made were Jubilee, Firestar, Darkhawk, and Nova (Sam). If the comment about Avenger's ID cards being used to bring in figures is correct, then Justice and Nova (Richard) are likely going to be in.