New V1.0: XMLBCUI Compiler IDE

Started by nba2kstuff, January 05, 2007, 10:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic
when it doesnt compile, do you mean the program crashes or it stops processing somewhere?

if you edit that XCCOMPILE.BAT and put a -b
like:
for %%x in (%f%) do xmlb-compile -b %%x new.%%~nx

it will print some debug information and break where the text in the file seems to be messed up.

if you can uplaod that file and i'll look at it and see?

I don't know how, or why, but adding the '-b' seems to have made it want to recompile :o Thanks a bundle!

So now I have an NPCstat with Fury defined, meaning it IS safe for anyone who wants to overwrite Fury as playable.

QuoteSo now I have an NPCstat with Fury defined, meaning it IS safe for anyone who wants to overwrite Fury as playable.
Which is gonna be a good thing if we never figure out how to expand the herostat to accomodate more than 26+1 chars and start throwing people out the window. *nodnod*

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

January 17, 2007, 01:22PM #18 Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:58PM by cvc
This is were Im at,decompile edit but can not get it to compile after repeted atempts?not much hair left hat time need help,herostat file...? said error code 4
Well it works perfect on my other pc? Guess just got to fiddle with it.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

can i use this to edit silver surfer's slow time power?..like prolong the efect or something?,,

Quote..like prolong the efect or something?
Sure. Find the values for that power in the powerstyle (ps_silversurfer) and alter them. Can't help you beyond that as nobody had worked on SS to my knowledge, so you'll have to figure the details out for yourself.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

thank u so much noelemahc..i hav juz 1 more question..wat powerstyle folder should i edit..the one in the data or in the packages?..

Duuuude. You really gotta read all of the forum first. Because:
1) It will occupy you for a week during which I will be able to decompress after my vacation and not snap back at such stupid questions;
2) It will tell you that the files in packages only define what files from other folders should be loaded by the game and therefore you should touch them ONLY if you're ADDING something new, not changing something.

Crimson Dynamo says:

ok,sory 4 askng 2 much,,,but tnx anyway,,,

Anybody else had any luck getting XMLBCUI to run with Windows 2000?

:(

lol I thought I was the only one who couldn't get it working w/2K. 

i keep getting this error when trying to compile anything.

Thats not an error.
It's a message. Hence the complete absence of the word "error" in it.
Had you actually done what it says, and run the game, you'd know that.

err it doesn't produce any file though. when i run the game it's just using the herostat i put in earlier.

Quotewhen i run the game it's just using the herostat i put in earlier.
Sheesh, dude, you be daft. [/decaf morning talking]

Your screensnap shows us you store the file you edit OUTSIDE of the game's folder. Ergo, the generated file is ALSO stored outside of the game's folder. Make a habit of automating the procedure (i.e. either editing the herostat straight from the game's DATA folder and keeping backups with various pre-sets, like I do; or copying the produced file to the DATA folder in a mechanical subconscious move) and checking that the file did get altered via any self-respecting HEX editor, because if you misspell something or leave one space too many after a = sign, the resulting file will CTD the game.

Crimson Dynamo says: