Creating a custom character by duplicating another.

Started by TheVision, September 21, 2015, 03:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 11, 2015, 09:14PM #30 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:21PM by TheVision
Next Q.  In-game skin swapping/morphing

Hey guys.  Have got another test mod!  It uses a modified 5301 (paibok) skin.  The character has Human Torch's Inferno power.  As this mod is skrull based, I decided to have him change skins to 1300 (human torch - flame on) whilst the Inferno power was being carried out then switch back when the animation ended.  Now everything is working perfectly bar one detail!  When the animation finishes and he reverts back to his original skin...  He reverts to the original paibok skin and not the modified one?

Now I did find a thread on this topic, here, but it just crashed my game when I tried what it said!

Here's the only code I added to Torch's Inferno power:
      trigger {
      life = 0.75 ;
      name = powerup ;
      no_stack = false ;
      remove_skin_on_exit = true ;
      skin = 1300 ;
      skin_swap = true ;
      time = 0.0 ;
         affecter {
         attribute = scale_factor ;
         level = 0.00 ;
         }

}
:vision:

Hello Mr. Vision, and sorry for not answering your previous questions, I was so busy yesterday playing some old Spider-Man games that I got a little off reality hehe

Skeletons
The skeletons, or animations files, are all found in the actors folder. Every playable character has 2 animation files:
- The XX_character.igb, which stores the menu and idle animations, and for a few chars the flying, jumping or running/walking animations too;
- And the XX_character_4_combat.igb, which stores all the combat animations (i.e. melee attacks, powers etc).

NPCs (enemies, to be more precise), on the other hand, have only one animation file since they don't need menu animations, so their XX_character.igb file stores both the idle and combat animations, that's why if you use their animation files as the XX_character.igb you'll have no menu enter and exit anims.

However, there is the use of a 3rd animation set which is shared by all the playable characters (I'm not sure about the NPCs though), it's the fightstyle_default, the one that is defined in the herostat. It has all the remaining animations that aren't found in the 2 other animation files, it's like a "backup file" if I might say so.

Some mods use other animations as the 3rd animation set (such as my Spider-Man 2099 mod) instead of the usual fightstyle_default, in order to use them you need to define it in the herostat and in talent file. If you're gonna use a default character's animation as the 3rd set (fightstyle_thing for example), you have to only define it in the herostat and in talent file. However, if you're gonna use a custom one such as an animation set from XML2 or an edited one from MUA, you'll need to copy that file to the actors folder and rename it uh, let's say, fightstyle_nuke.igb, and define it in these two paths:

Quotedata/fightstyles:

1 - Copy the fightstyle_default.xmlb file;
2 - Rename it to uh, let's say, fightstyle_nuke.xmlb;
3 - Decompile with XMLBCUI;
4 - Change the animations = fightstyle_default line to animations = fightstyle_nuke;
5 - Recompile.
Quotepackages\generated\fightstyles:

1 - Copy the fightstyle_default.pkgb file;
2 - Rename it to uh, let's say, fightstyle_nuke.pkgb;
3 - Decompile with XMLBCUI;
4 - Change the filename = data/fightstyles/fightstyle_default line to filename = data/fightstyles/fightstyle_nuke;
5 - Recompile.

Remember when I said you don't need to do this if you're using a default character's fightstyle such as fightstyle_thing? That's because the Official Characters mod already has these two things done for you!

Skin Swapping
The problem has nothing to do with powerstyle coding, he morphed back to Paibok because your edited skin still has Paibok's internal number (5301), to change it you'll need to hex-edit the skin, which is opening it with a hex-editor and changing the 5301 to your skin's number.

To do that is very simple: when you open it with XV132 you'll see that there are 2 boxes, the left one which is composed of squares, and the right one that is composed of vertical rectangles. The selected box will always be white and the unselected box will always be gray, make sure the right box is selected. Once the right box is selected, press Ctrl + F to search for a text string, type in 5301 (which is Paibok's skin number) and it should take you to a 5301 string, change it to your skin's number, and do it until every 5301 is turned into your skin's number. Keep in mind that the 5301.png, 5301_skel etc strings doesn't really need to be changed, the only ones that matter are the 5301 strings that are preceded and followed by an empty vertical square. Save it and voilá, your skin is hex-edited, I think it didn't work and crashed the game when you did it because you may have changed the left box's numbers.

There is a little trick however, you can change a 5-digit number to a 4-digit number (i.e. 15701 to 2601) by changing the 15701 to 26011 on the right box, selecting the last 1 in it and changing the 2-digit square of it from the left box to 00; but you can't change a 4-digit number to a 5-digit number (i.e. 2601 to 15701), at least if you're using a PC skin, because if you're using a PS2 skin it should work just fine, you can find all the MUA PS2 skins here, you need to use NRskinner to edit PS2 skins, I'm not gonna get into details cause I'm kinda sleepy, it's like 04:36 AM here lol.

I hope you understood what I said, 'cause boy was it hard to explain the details as clear as possible!
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

October 12, 2015, 02:26AM #32 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:55PM by TheVision
Maegawa:
I've been playing around a lot, swapping out XX_character.igb and XX_character_4_combat.igb files...  From this process I have ascertained their uses, but am still at a miss as to the interact_character_victim.igb file?  I assume it also is an optional animation set!

There is a lot for me to take on board from what you just said so please bear with me.  I shall download your Spider-Man 2099 mod and see how it works.  In regards to the skin swapping...  I did a brief find/replace in my hex editor for "5301" (43 instances), thing is it's not that simple, most of the references to 5301 are within "53_paibok" urls like so:
Quoteu:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-8.png.0...

The raw fact is that I do not understand where this url is pointing to?  True there is a 53_paibok.igb file in my ../actors folder, so I can only assume that it is pointing to a png within this igb file???

Regardless, my point is this...  I renamed, in my hex editor, all "5301" to "25201"...  So should I also be renaming "53_paibok" to "252_reneg"?  Seems like I definitely should, but I just don't understand the url!!!

I shall download this XV132 and follow your instructions, as I have seen it used in a few tutorials and I'm not so familiar with my own, or hex editing in general for that matter!

EDIT:
Here is the only section of the hex file that contains references to 53**:
Quote0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-1.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-2.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-3.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-4.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-5.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-6.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-7.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-8.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n-9.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-1.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-2.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-3.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-4.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-5.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-6.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-7.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-8.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d-9.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-1.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-2.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-3.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-4.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-5.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-6.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-7.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-8.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s-9.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-1.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-2.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-3.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-4.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-5.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-6.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-7.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-8.png
0u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g-9.png
Motion
Bip01 L Toe0
Bip01 HeadNub
Bip01 R Clavicle
Bip01 L Finger01
Bip01 R Finger0Nub
Bip01 Spine1
5301 Skin
Bip01 Neck
Bip01 L Finger0Nub
Bip01 L Finger0
Bip01 Ponytail1Nub
Bip01 Spine
Bip01 R Finger01
Bip01 R Toe0Nub
Bip01 Ponytail1
Bip01 R Foot
Bip01 L Finger1
Bip01 L Foot
Bip01
Bip01 R Calf
Bip01 R Thigh
Bip01 L Finger11
Bip01 L Forearm
Bip01 R UpperArm
Bip01 R Finger1Nub
Bip01 L Finger1Nub
Bip01 Head
Bip01 R Finger11
5301_skel
Bip01 R Finger0
Bip01 Spine2
Bip01 L Thigh
Bip01 R Finger1
Bip01 L Toe0Nub
Bip01 L Clavicle
Bip01 Ponytail11
Bip01 R Forearm
Bip01 R Toe0
Bip01 R Hand
Bip01 L Calf
Bip01 L Hand
Bip01 L UpperArm
Unnamed bone
Bip01 Pelvis

u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_d.png
u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_n.png
u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_s.png
u:\art_360\models\actors\53_paibok\5301_g.png

In turn this did reveal a list of bolt points for the character that will come in handy when adding bolts and effects later on!
And the list of questions continues, my friend... :vision:

FightMove duration

Ok guys.  We can have only 4 viable outfits per player, which tend to vary only slightly and we have around 20hrs of gameplay from start to finish!  That's a minimum of 5hrs spent looking at each outfit!  How boring I thought, right?

So I'm taking inspiration from the Mystique mod and creating a "power chain" in order to morph into any skin I want.  The idea is simple...  You activate the main power, for which there is an icon on-screen, then after a brief anim' you follow up with another action (light attack,heavy attack,jump,grab) that activates a further morph power, that activates a further morph power, and so on until you find the desired skin.

Thing is...  I have removed the animenum property from the original coding as I simply want the bamf anim', yet when the power is triggered it takes a certain amount of time, around 1.5 - 2 seconds, for the chaining to begin.  This means I have to activate the power, press the chaining button, wait for the chain to activate, then start again.  It is utterly laborious with this delay before the chaining is active and I would simply like to bring this duration down as far as possible!

I did attempt to do this by adding this code:
Quotestartchaintime = 0 ;
Hoping that this would allow me to enter the chain command before the bamf had even finished.  I didn't work!

Here's a snippet:

FightMove {
   aitype = melee ;
   icon = 3 ;
   is_power = true ;
   name = power4 ;
   priority = 5 ;
      require {
      cat = skill ;
      item = reneg_p4 ;
      level = 1 ;
      }

trigger {
      name = powerup ;
      no_stack = false ;
      remove_skin_on_exit = false ;
      skin = 25201 ;
      skin_swap = true ;
      time = 0.0 ;
      }

trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 Pelvis ;
      effect = char/night/bamf ;
      fxlevel = 4 ;
      time = 0.0 ;
      }

chain {
      action = guard ;
      result = m0001 ;
      }

chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}

FightMove {
   aitype = melee ;
   icon = 11 ;
   is_power = true ;
   lockangles = true ;
   name = m0001 ;
   priority = 5 ;
      require {
      cat = skill ;
      item = reneg_p4 ;
      level = 1 ;
      }

trigger {
      name = powerup ;
      no_stack = false ;
      remove_skin_on_exit = false ;
      skin = 0001 ;
      skin_swap = true ;
      time = 0.0 ;
      }

trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 Pelvis ;
      effect = char/night/bamf ;
      fxlevel = 4 ;
      time = 0.0 ;
      }

chain {
      action = move ;
      result = power4 ;
      }

chain {
      action = attack ;
      result = m0002 ;
      }

chain {
      action = guard ;
      result = m0101 ;
      }

chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}

To make an anim move faster, add this: "playspeed = 4" instead of startchaintime. It doesn't have to be 4, but the number you choose determines how much faster the move will perform. But be warned -- skin changes are very delicate. Too many at one time will cause the game to slow down or even freeze. Which Mystique mod are you're emulating -- Gevth's version or mine? The former caused those same glitches. You can try out mine at the Crypt, as it allows for multiple skin changes without the glitches.

October 20, 2015, 10:41AM #35 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:13AM by TheVision
Sorry guys, it's been a while and I've been busy testing all kinds of stuff...

Outsider:  Is neither yours nor Gevths Mystique, is not dis-similar to yours, but is credited to someone else!  Thanks for the playspeed advice but the amnim' looked silly at higher paces so I opted to include an animation.

Hidden power icons in-game.

On to the main question guys...  Every time I start a game with a custom character the power icons slip off screen to the bottom-left.  All of my mods, so far, have had incomplete powerstyle and talent files and I'm assuming this is what is causing this problem, as every complete mod displays the icons in the default position on the hud?!

In the image above the x-treme button text (RShift) is barely visible in the bottom left corner of the screen.

In order to reset the icons position, I have to first select a different party member...

...  Then re-select the original character?!

P.S.

This does in fact lead on to another question I have about powers...

In the 3rd image above you will notice 10 powers/rings.  p1-8 use the keys 1-8,  p9 has a "?", p10 is "RShift".  When I first installed the game most players never used key 9(power 9), the only mod I know that used it was "Moonstone".  I amateurishly changed the settings to use key 9 for another purpose, hence the "?".

The thing is, I don't know how to reset key 9 to activate power 9!  In the settings menu (PC) it has options to set 8 power and 1 x-treme buttons, no 9th power/button...  I'm assuming that there is a file that contains the key-power references, if so point it out, if not then all advice welcome guys.

P.P.S

Maegawa: I have your sm2099 mod and am looking into its use of the custom fightstyle, can't help but think this'll take a while!

Thanks guys! :vision:

October 21, 2015, 05:27PM #36 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:17AM by TheVision
Maegawa: It may please you to know that I'm successfully adding different anim' sets to my mods!  Just needed to get my head round it all, thanks for the help.  Still not down with the fightstyles yet, but soon...

Homing Project Replacement

Hey guys.  I have the code for Phoenix's "Psychic Spike" and would like to change it to an ice move by swapping out, among other things, the projectile for the one Iceman uses in his "Polar Explosion" power.  I tried just that and although the projectile changed as planned, it no longer homed-in on a target?

I'm curious as to weather or not the projectile entities are coded with a homing quality?  I assumed that as "Psychic Spike"'s projectile had the code:

Quotetargetable = true ;

And "Polar Explosion"'s was set to "false",  that changing the entity and relevant file name would have no adverse affect on the homing quality, yet it did?  The code's below, red is original code, green is what replaced it.

trigger {
      arc = 0 ;
      attacktype = projectile ;
      center = true ;
      count = 1 ;
      damage = %talent1_dmg ;
      damagescale = none ;
      damagetype = dmg_telekinesis ;

entity = p1_projectile ;
      filename = ents_phoenix ;

entity = iceman_p3_proj ;
      filename = ents_iceman ;

maxrange = 800 ;
      name = projectile ;
      offset = 25 0 0 ;
      powerusage = %talent1_pwr ;
      speed = 450 ;
      tag = 1 ;
      targetable = true ;
      time = 0.48 ;
         damageMod {
         name = dmgmod_environment ;
         }

}

Thanx guys. :vision:

October 21, 2015, 05:45PM #37 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:09AM by TheVision
Game Load Time.

Hey guys.  I don't  remember which file it was at the mo', but I managed to get it so as the game shows the first two legal screens and then skips past the intro vid's to the main menu.  I've even got it so as my mods are within the "demo" or "default" category so I don't have to keep picking them out of the selection line-up.

This has come in very handy, as a modder could waste half a lifetime just waiting to select "New Game"!  No offence to Marvel, but I know the copyright word for word I've seen it that many times, christ I've even modded them I got that sick of them.  But now I'm really starting to notice them bite into my modding time.  Half the time I'm making slight adjustments to  the mod and having to wait ages just to select a new game and see the result...

If you guys are any good at this then I would assume you're two steps ahead of me on this one, either that or you've all spent half of your life modding and the other half waiting for MUA to load?!??!?!?!?!?!?! :vision:

Abilities.

Hey guys.  I'm looking to create a psychic moveset for my latest Mandarin mod. He has 10 rings with 3 sub-powers each, ATK/DEF/BOOST.  Currently I have:

ATK: Dormammu's "Power of Creation/smash" power, to rally enemies to your team.
BOOST: Mystique's (morph and cause fear) power, to terrorize you enemies, making them run in fear.

As a third, DEF, power I would like to create a move that incorporates the effects of Satana's "Posession" ability in a targetable form.  Yet I can't find the coding for the ability?  There is the obvious talent file entry:

talent {
   descname = Possession ;
   description = Satana can invade the mind of an enemy, and control him by pressing $MOVE after grabbing him. You can use the enemy's soul to attack other enemies for 15 seconds. ;
   name = satana_control ;
   type = ability ;
   }

That's all fine-and-dandy, but I can't for the life of me find this "satana_control", which I'm assuming has the coding for the ability like the 15 second duration and "victimeventtag"'s.  Please, someone, point out where the code is for this, and every other, ability!

Outsider:  This is your Satana mod, so I hope your still following this thread?!

Actually, the name "satana_control" means nothing in that particular case, as there is no powerup there in that "talent." (If there was one, you'd see that "satana_control" is also on her herostat.)

The coding for her possession ability (created by Tien Shinhan) is in the powerstyle file. Open that file and search "name = grabstart" If you scroll down on that fightmove, you'll see this:

chain {
      action = special ;
      result = grabbreak ;
      }

chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = grab_loop ;
      }

chain {
      action = attack ;
      result = grab_attack ;
      }

chain {
      action = smash ;
      result = grab_smash ;
      }

chain {
      action = move ;
      result = control ; <----- This is the name of the possession ability in her case.
      }

So, now search "name = control" -- There it is. That's the coding for the possession ability. Be mindful though that once you possess an enemy, if the possessed enemy dies, there is no way to return back to Satana, and you can't continue the game. I've found no answer for this so far.

October 23, 2015, 07:08AM #40 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:41AM by TheVision
Otusider:  Thanks, will look into it!  Have only just discovered the "shared_talents" file.  Just out of curiosity, is there no way to monitor the health of the "posessed" NPC in order to add a "de-posession" ability or something, just before the health hits 0,ie: health==1 --> de-posess?  I think I was reading a thread on wolverines "rage" and read somewhere that his, or someones, health is monitored so as when it drops below a certain point an ability/rage, I don't remember?, was activated.

One last thing...  Whilst working on this "Mandarin" project, I have been made aware that MUA will only accept 10 primary powers/talents.  I'm curious as to "Wolverine"s sub-talent system where his "rage" powers are childrened to the "non-rage" powers.  Do his sub-powers add to the 10 count and that's why he only has 8 moves in all, or is it possible to add another 6 primary talents if required?  Hope that makes sense??? :vision:

EDIT:  Here's the post I read...

Quotethe 'enraged' is what's been said. it simply means that he needs to have his rage meter full to use the power. the 'rage' actually is in the shared_talents. its near the end and uses the node name 'berserker'. it allows for a boost in attack damage whenever the characters health dips down to 20% of his total.

P.S.  Outsider you commented on this thread yourself:

QuoteIt's telling the game "Wolverine must be in rage mode to use this power." So no, in Wolverine's case - nothing else... but it can! I'm thinking of writing a tutorial on his rage system/special affecters and how you can use them in modding to create different factors. I just haven't had a lot of time.

Did you ever get round to doing this tutorial? :vision:

October 23, 2015, 07:47AM #41 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:54AM by Outsider
Answer 1: To my knowledge, no, there is no way to monitor the health of the possessed enemy. I don't know if there is a "minimum health" code, so that it doesn't reach 0. An alternate route is to make the enemy invincible or take less damage while possessed, but I'm not a fan of that. I gave Blackheart the possession ability hoping I can make enemies kill themselves, but it won't finish the game.

Answer 2: Yes, if you are using a keyboard to play MUA, then it has a limit of 10 powers (including Xtreme). Any more and the game will crash. If you are playing with a USB controller as I do though, then there is no limit. (This is why when I made my Mandarin mod, the 10 powers covered each of his 10 rings.) The rage powers do not count -- so Wolverine (or characters that use that system) can have a 20 power limit.

EDIT: No, I haven't gotten around to doing that tutorial. Been so busy, and Wolverine's rage system is difficult to explain. I did write one on "special affecters" though: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9442.0.html

October 23, 2015, 01:56PM #42 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:07PM by TheVision
Outsider:  Thanks for the link, it should come in handy when I put together a list of affecters!  You mentioned...

QuoteTo my knowledge, no, there is no way to monitor the health of the possessed enemy.

May I ask if there is a way to monitor a players health rather than a possessed NPC or is that what the rage affecter does?  I'm trying to figure out if all NPC's can be given a "shared_talent" rage meter type affecter that snaps them out of the posession?  Forgive me, I'm sure you've tried everything and I'm asking these q's before testing and I usually do it the other way round!

Just to clarify before I go testing all this, but I was considering giving "Mandarin" two primary idle powers, left hand/right hand (like Dormammu), that would each have the relevant 5 ring sub-powers, then have 7 other non-ring based primary powers and an x-treme.  This would in total bring the power count up to 20 (9 primary, 1 x-treme, 10 subs), does this sound viable to you as I didn't know there was a 20 limit?

Regarding the "rage" tutorial, I have not yet messed with it, but I can see why it would take some explaining!  B.L.A.W gave a pretty decent explanation of the basics in a post I read and I have a few Ideas for using it, like a tech based "Bruce Banner" that really does Hulk-out... :vision:

(1) What you're asking is further expanding on the possession ability, seeing if the player's health can be monitored, which I don't honestly know for sure, as I haven't experimented on it that much. I would suggest to send a PM to the person who created the possession ability -- Tien Shinhan. Though I don't know if he's still active, he can provide more definitive answers on that.

(2) Yes, it is possible to have that plan. However, as I've mentioned -- the 20-power limit is ONLY while using Wolverine's Rage system (10 parent powers + 10 sub-powers). Without it, the limit is 10. Your plan for left hand/right hand powers are possible, and it's actually easy.

There is a way you can have your plan without breaking the 10-power limit: I'm going to show you a trademark move that I do with many of my mods, so notice the bold red text. Take a look at the shape-shifting boosts of my Mystique mod in the powerstyle file. The coding for one looks like this:

FightMove {
   aireusetime = 20 ;
   aitype = buffself ;
   animenum = ea_attack_knockback1 ;
   icon = 8 ;
   is_power = true ;
   lockangles = true ;
   name = power9 ;
   priority = 5 ;
      require {
      cat = skill ;
      item = mystq_p9 ;
      level = 1 ;
      }

trigger {
      name = sound ;
      sound = char/mystq_m/p10_charge ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

chain {
      action = move ;
      result = experience ;
      }

chain {
      action = guard ;
      result = offensive ;
      }

chain {
      action = smash ;
      result = aggressive ;
      }

chain {
      action = attack ;
      result = speedup ;
      }

chain {
      action = blocking ;
      result = defensive ;
      }

chain {
      action = walk ;
      result = energetic ;
      }

chain {
      action = run ;
      result = energetic ;
      }

chain {
      action = Idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}

Those are the buttons you would normally press (description below). I am using the chains to expand the possibilities. You can have your left hand boost (and right hand boost) simply be a set-up like this one. Then, choose a button for players to activate one of the 5 rings on that hand. So say you did this, now the player (during the anim chosen) has to press a corresponding button -- choosing the ring he/she wants to use. If they press block after it for example, one ring power is chosen for an attack. If they press light punch, a different ring is used. If no button is pressed at all, another action can happen... You get the idea. Then just create "fightmoves" for those ring powers.

BUTTONS
Guard = The action button used for grabs, pickups, or special actions.
Attack = The light punch button.
Smash = The heavy punch button that you normally have to hold.
Move = The jump button.
Blocking = The button used for blocking, obviously.
Walk/Run = The directional buttons. Pressing it softly is "walk," while "run" is to press it hard. Pick the same action for both so it's not complicated.
Idle = No button is pressed at all.

So as you can see, you can have up to 7 powers off of that initial power. So yes, you can have 5 rings off of that left hand (or right hand) power, and you'll still have 8 to go. Because you only want 5 per each, idle and walk/run are not suggested. Man... I think I'll write a quick tutorial on this soon, as it's not difficult at all.

October 24, 2015, 08:40AM #44 Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:53AM by TheVision
My apologies!  I shall PM Tien, but he probably ain't active?  Better if I just experiment with the rage system, trial-&-error always prevails!

I agree with what you say about the chaining opening up the possibility of more than 10 moves, I used this method while experimenting with skin changing/morphing last week.  I compiled all powerstyle files together and came up with a list of the used chain-action property values:

advance              -   move forward
attack                 -   light attack
blocking             -   (hold, not press) block
flying                  -   
groundattack     -   
groundsmash     -   
guard                 -   grab
idle                     -   nothing
jog                     -   
move                 -   jump
powers               -   (1-9?)
retreat                -   move backward
rollleft                 -   
rollright               -   
run                      -   
samepowerclick   -   
samepowerhold   -   
smash                 -   heavy attack
special                 -   (1-9?)
special2               -   (2?)
special5               -   (5?)
sprint                   -
strafeleft              -   move left
straferight            -   move right
touch                   -   
walk                     -   

As you can see, the list is partial at best, as I have not yet tested all actions to determine their use ie: "Special5", "jog".  So yes, a tutorial would be nice!  If only to complete this list...

My main concern with "Mandarin" was getting 20 powers to work in the talent file and have them all displayed, with icons, in the power menu.  You have cleared this up no-end.  Thanks as always... :vision: